Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

removed

bnuy

3 hours ago, Loza03 said:

If you buff the weapon up to the standard of the third faction, now the other faction is exclusively being one-shot, all the time. If you don't, you have a whole faction of ridiculous bullet sponges that aren't fun to play against because the tools the player has wasn't designed to be fun hitting the same enemy twenty times.

This one point is incredibly important for people to understand why the current armor system is completely asinine. 

On 2021-04-30 at 8:56 AM, (XBOX)HollowCube987 said:

I don't even know how it works because I don't play warframe with a TI-84 Graphing calculator, I just know that I hate it because I can feel it with every shot I take. That's what makes high level heavy units on the Cambion Drift so difficult to take down.

You've got a TI-84?! I'm so jealous! I'm stuck with this old TI-83, and it's so old that the protective cover looks like it's been through a war or two.

On 2021-04-30 at 11:31 AM, Maggy said:

• Remove armour scaling.
  • Armoured units now have a static armour value that applies at all levels.
    • This means the Heavy Gunner unit would have 62.5% incoming damage reduction at all levels, no longer increasing with levels.
    • Base armour values would require a nearly across the board overhaul

Soooo... Basically we're removing Armor and using Eidolon Style Damage Reduction Instead ?

17 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Soooo... Basically we're removing Armor and using Eidolon Style Damage Reduction Instead ?

We're making armour no longer scale. That's all. The Eidolon Hydrolyst at level 60, due to armour scaling, currently has ~79% damage reduction from armour, whereas it's base armour value is only 150, a 33.3% reduction. They would need to buff enemy base armour values, since armour would no longer scale it would grant the same effective health bonus at all levels, this would make enemy tankiness scale linearly. This would allow weapons that don't force slash procs via some method to actually compete against armour just through sheer raw damage.

Currently, to kill a level 100 Heavy Gunner, if you're not stripping armour in some form or bypassing the armour you need to do 20x more damage to kill it than if you just bypassed the armour entirely. This scales up from only about 2x more damage required to kill it at the base level. This discrepancy keeps getting larger and causes weapons that don't entirely bypass armour to become obsolete at a very low level, since their raw damage is now much less effective (only 5% effectiveness) unless you bypass the armour or fully strip it.

57 minutes ago, Maggy said:

We're making armour no longer scale. That's all. The Eidolon Hydrolyst at level 60, due to armour scaling, currently has ~79% damage reduction from armour, whereas it's base armour value is only 150, a 33.3% reduction

Well yeah.... But Eidolon's also have 50% Damage Reduction on top of the Damage Reduction they get from Armor....

1 hour ago, Maggy said:

Currently, to kill a level 100 Heavy Gunner, if you're not stripping armour in some form or bypassing the armour you need to do 20x more damage to kill it than if you just bypassed the armour entirely. This scales up from only about 2x more damage required to kill it at the base level. This discrepancy keeps getting larger and causes weapons that don't entirely bypass armour to become obsolete at a very low level, since their raw damage is now much less effective (only 5% effectiveness) unless you bypass the armour or fully strip it.

I like how DE changed the Armor Scaling Formula.... Only for Heavy Gunners to take even longer to kill any ways.... 😝

On 2021-05-04 at 2:29 AM, Lutesque said:

Well yeah.... But Eidolon's also have 50% Damage Reduction on top of the Damage Reduction they get from Armor....

I like how DE changed the Armor Scaling Formula.... Only for Heavy Gunners to take even longer to kill any ways.... 😝

Oh, interesting, couldn't find anything on the wiki about that reduction so I assumed they didn't have some extra arbitrary reduction tacked on. No, extra damage reductions like that should be entirely scrapped as a mechanic, we don't need more convoluted never explained mechanics slapped onto every enemy. Also yeah, they changed the scaling which was an attempt to address the issue, but the issue is the fact that armour scales at all, if armour scales even a tiny bit it presents a massive balance divide between enemy types that should simply not exist.

Archived