Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Acolytes spawn is capped

--MEG--

2 hours ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

Perhaps you should post in the appropriate place, the bug forum, instead.

Supposedly the bug can occur because of overlapping transmissions. So if you're supposed to get the acolyte transmission, but lotus is talking, that can stop the acolytes from spawning. 

It's like 40 min or more passed with zero acolyte spawning, makes this hypothesis "bit wrong".

Well I think there is some issues on the script that trigger acolyte spawning. Some conditions on the script are set on a way that prevent acolytes from spawning. Anyway, I sent a ticker support for DE, I'll update this thread once I get a reasonable response.

I am surprised people are even questioning OP about this, I thought this has been common knowledge since not long after acolytes became a thing in steel path.

To answer your question there are certain tile sets that are bugged to stop spawning acolytes, sometimes only after 15-20 mins if even that, its especially annoying since one of those tile sets is the kuva survival node.

If you are looking to go long to farm essence do the survival on sedna, or the other survival on Uranus against the infested, assur I think it is? I've done up to 4 hour runs many times on both and never had an issue with acolyte spawns. Any endless node with either of those tile sets (Grinder galleon and base?) Will be fine.

Also afaik DE has never commented on this issue.

4 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

Acolyte spawns on Ophelia and Taveuni were bugged for a while ago but I thought DE fixed that. 

I ran a 2h void survival yesterday and didn't notice capped Acolyte spawns but In 2 hours I should have gotten 96 SE from 24 acolyte spawns but I only got 80 ES. 

Hide contents

RjP6Hjo.jpg

Wait... what? Is that 4h 6m 23s mission time due to pausing or something? Yeah, I see the Survival time is 2h 3m and 2s... just wondering why the UI shows 4h somewhere else!

9 minutes ago, nslay said:

Wait... what? Is that 4h 6m 23s mission time due to pausing or something? Yeah, I see the Survival time is 2h 3m and 2s... just wondering why the UI shows 4h somewhere else!

Yeah, I play solo a lot and it was paused. It's about the only way I can play as a parent. I'm currently <2h of play time into a mission that I've been in for over 6h. I've also made/ate dinner, helped with homework, went skateboarding with my 12 y/o for about an hour and hung out with my mom, sister and niece when they stopped by unexpectedly in that time. A lot of the time I'll play just one mission a day but I'll be in that mission all day long and only play when/if I get a chance. 

On 2021-04-30 at 6:28 AM, --MEG-- said:

A friend of mine tested the void (ani + mot), it's the same thing

I don't doubt that acolyte spawns and such are bugged (so many things are bugged, after all), but I don't think this is a universal experience in Void missions or on Ani at the very least. I did Ani the other day and got the expected number of spawns and resulting Steel Essence:

image.png

On 2021-05-02 at 11:02 AM, --MEG-- said:

It's like 40 min or more passed with zero acolyte spawning, makes this hypothesis "bit wrong".

Well I think there is some issues on the script that trigger acolyte spawning. Some conditions on the script are set on a way that prevent acolytes from spawning. Anyway, I sent a ticker support for DE, I'll update this thread once I get a reasonable response.

Not too sure what you mean, sorry.

Afaik, time passed has nothing to do with it. Once the acolyte spawn breaks in-mission, you'll have to extract. It won't fix itself.

If you're supposed to get the acolyte transmission, but Lotus starts talking instead (e.g. low life support, some other invading entities, etc) the acolyte won't spawn. At least that seems to be the leading theory.

Some missions are more likely to have extra Lotus transmissions, e.g. kuva survival, lua/Uranus sentients, these seem to be the most commonly reported missions where the acolytes break.

I just did another run in void (ani), only 4 acolytes spawned, there were only lotus transmission about reward in mission, I think there is something behind more than transmission.

If transmission were the issue behind, then the acolyte spawn should be delayed, not stopped.

Still no response yet on the ticker support.

AIgg0Dt1SuRiglmnMWNMdDkQK?token=eyJhbGci

Archived