Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt: Quick Rest Vs Stretch

Woundheir

This is my mod loadout so far. Edited because it did not post spreadsheet correctly.

[Constitution]    [Redirection] [Vitality] [speed]

[Electric Shield] [Continuity]   [Flow]    [Marathon] [Rifle Amp]

With the points available and not using a forma on one of the ability slots I have enough points for either Quick Rest or Stretch. (Not both) On one hand I do have to wait forever on stamina regen with Marathon. (Otherwise Marathon is amazing though.) On the other Stretch would increase how far Speed reaches other players on cast.

Which do you think I should choose and why?

Edited by Woundheir

I dunno why you got marathon on there, I'd really make a case for not having it at all considering the potential stat boosts that you could get with that slot. I have quick rest and stretch.

hG1VyUA.jpg

That being said, you can just do multiple loadouts for different missions. For instance, quick rest and marathon both probably won't serve you as well as some other damage or defense boosting mods will for defense missiions. For something fast paced like exterminate then they might, but it is sacrificing performance - Volt is kind of gimpy right now anyway against non-corpus.

Edited by Andaeros

I'd recommend quick rest for solo play.

Personally, I run Redirection, Rush,(will swap this one out once I find blind rage.) Continuity, Constitution, Flow, and Focus which has worked fine for the past two months. I'd take quick rest if I could as I constantly run out of stamina while dashing, but unfortunately it's a luxury mod.

Edited by SagamiYusuke

my opinion, drop vitality and have both. as useless as quick rest actually is, vitality, in my opinion, is even less useful, you shouldnt be taking damage to health to begin with.

Maybe a bit of clarification on use will help. I use this frame for anything I want to get done quickly. That includes boss farming. I don't want to take the time to switch profiles, so it has to be a bit generic. The entire point is to throw it on, get stuff done, then go back to other frames for any difficult content.

With things like poison, bosses that pull you away from shield, large rooms filled with things I don't want to bother killing, etc I find Vitality necessary. I tried without it and was getting killed by J3-Golem's pull-in/poison and Ruk's Reversal Field. I would also have to stop if someone killed a poison infested in my path, which defeats the purpose of using Volt.

Any chance you can clarify why you think Quick Rest is useless? 180% faster stamina recovery seems great to me. I always find myself running out of stamina and having to walk forever before it is back up. I haven't tried it though, and do know sometimes the math behind a listed percentage can be misleading.

I find that the base stamina regeneration rate is decent, and I also stop to shoot which regenerates additional stamina while firing away. So to me quick rest is just "one of those mods" that is in a awkward spot, as you can easily get by without it unlike a mod such as Redirection. With the overhaul to the stamina system a while back, quick rest was a must have because the stamina regeneration was horrible; but, with the buff to the regeneration rate a week after the overhaul it wasn't all that useful anymore.

On another note, you can slide while maintaining the momentum from speed AND regenerate stamina. Not as useful before the overhaul, but its a way to get a little bit back even without quick rest.

I'd recommend quick rest for solo play.

Personally, I run Redirection, Rush,(will swap this one out once I find blind rage.) Continuity, Constitution, Flow, and Focus which has worked fine for the past two months. I'd take quick rest if I could as I constantly run out of stamina while dashing, but unfortunately it's a luxury mod.

I completely missed Rush when going over mods. It is only 30% though, does it really make a difference? Power Strength mods would not have an effect on the two abilities I use though, so that isn't an issue.

On another note, you can slide while maintaining the momentum from speed AND regenerate stamina. Not as useful before the overhaul, but its a way to get a little bit back even without quick rest.

You can, but not for long distances. The longer you hold it the more you slow down. If you only briefly slide it won't restore much stamina at all. Certainly not enough to reach your objective before running out.

I dunno why you got marathon on there, I'd really make a case for not having it at all considering the potential stat boosts that you could get with that slot. I have quick rest and stretch.

I found that without Marathon my stamina ran out way too fast. For what I use this frame for your loadout would not make much sense for me.

Edited by Woundheir

I completely missed Rush when going over mods. It is only 30% though, does it really make a difference? Power Strength mods would not have an effect on the two abilities I use though, so that isn't an issue.

Slap it on, it will make a clear difference once you use speed. Assuming that volt moves at a base 1 movement speed, with rush it would amp it up to 1.3, which should be multiplied too by speed increasing it to a bonus of +45%.

Without Rush and just Speed, you'll get either 1 * 1.5 = 1.5*100 or 1 + .5 = 1.5*100  for 150% total movement speed

With Rush and Speed, you'll get 1.3 * 1.5 = 1.95*100 or 1 + .3 + .5 = 1.8*100 for either 195% or 180% total movement speed.

Not sure which equation is right, as I haven't seen the actual formula. Either way, Rush can be viewed as a side grade to enhance Speed for yourself, but the +30% sprint speed bonus wont apply to the buff given to allies.

As for Focus, I believe that it boosts the speed bonus by 30% despite what the wiki says, as it appears that my Galantine shifts a slight bit faster while sprinting. (30% of 50% isn't much anyways, a additional 15% movement speed that no one will probably notice even if it's right. But hey, at least it boosts my Shock and Overload damage if it doesnt.)

Edited by SagamiYusuke

Yeah I might do that (Rush) and decide on one of the two mods in topic if I ever Forma this thing. Won't be for awhile though, I have plans for the next 3 Forma I get.

And the two abils I use boost weapon damage. You should see both up with my fully modded Twin Gremlins or Flux Rifle. It's amazing. So no need for direct damage abilities.

Edited by Woundheir

Maybe a bit of clarification on use will help. I use this frame for anything I want to get done quickly. That includes boss farming. I don't want to take the time to switch profiles, so it has to be a bit generic. The entire point is to throw it on, get stuff done, then go back to other frames for any difficult content.

With things like poison, bosses that pull you away from shield, large rooms filled with things I don't want to bother killing, etc I find Vitality necessary. I tried without it and was getting killed by J3-Golem's pull-in/poison and Ruk's Reversal Field. I would also have to stop if someone killed a poison infested in my path, which defeats the purpose of using Volt.

Any chance you can clarify why you think Quick Rest is useless? 180% faster stamina recovery seems great to me. I always find myself running out of stamina and having to walk forever before it is back up. I haven't tried it though, and do know sometimes the math behind a listed percentage can be misleading.

i guess using the word "useless" is slightly harsh, i should have said quick rest as niche, the base stamina recharge is pretty good already, imo. also sliding allows you to maintain that sprinting speed for abit while stamina recharges, and running out of stamina only prevents sprinting, despite there's a whole array of thing that spends stamina. the biggest cost quick rest has arguably is it takes up one of 12 slot on the warframe, 4 of which are polarised for abilities until formaed. some frames struggled to get every mods they need even after formaing some ability slots away for mods, there just isnt much space for quick rest.