Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seriously?

BigBossxv

I have bought both of the last prime things you can buy, one was 150 and the other 60.  Was going to stop playing the game so I gave a guardian, nullifier, elevate, and one or two other max arcanes to some random person.  Also gave him like 5 maxed primed mods and some other good mods since I only had 5 trades left.  I decided I was going to just collect my log-in everyday and maybe to some bounties here and there.  I tried logging in to find out my platinum balance is -931.  WTF is this?  You give me negative plat for giving away free stuff???  

Unfortunately, I do not take screenshots in this game.  I have bought and sold a lot and never had a problem before.  So that means someone bought platinum on this site, then traded it for items and everyone who has this plat, gets negative amount?

4 minutes ago, BigBossxv said:

So that means someone bought platinum on this site, then traded it for items and everyone who has this plat, gets negative amount?

Yes, and there is nothing we can do for you here. Talk to Support.

3 минуты назад, BigBossxv сказал:

Unfortunately, I do not take screenshots in this game.  I have bought and sold a lot and never had a problem before.  So that means someone bought platinum on this site, then traded it for items and everyone who has this plat, gets negative amount?

Person buys plat > Spends plat in trading > Asks for a refund > Gets his real money back > Keeps Items he traded > all the plat they bought gets recalled.

If you have a healthy supply of plat then you probably wont even notice that something's gone, but you if you are really low or if the trade was extremely expensive you get send into negative plat and then DE's automatic system notices it, concludes that something's up and potentially bans the account until something's done.

7 minutes ago, Artekkor said:

Person buys plat > Spends plat in trading > Asks for a refund > Gets his real money back > Keeps Items he traded > all the plat they bought gets recalled.

If you have a healthy supply of plat then you probably wont even notice that something's gone, but you if you are really low or if the trade was extremely expensive you get send into negative plat and then DE's automatic system notices it, concludes that something's up and potentially bans the account until something's done.

Wow. Thanks for this info. I'll be more careful now while selling stuff.

However, isn't this system actually totally #*!%ed up? What means that platinum have some kind of ID that helps to track throughout the transactions and recall? Why would not DE simply debit platinum directly from the account someone who's asking for a refund? I don't understand.

13 minutes ago, Bregastor said:

@TeaHawkbecause that way you could buy let's say 3k plat, put it into another account with a trade  - > Refund, the placeholder account gets banned - > you have 3k on another account. 

Well now you don't even need to have a placeholder. Just buy/refund/resell items for plat. It is certainly a viable solution.

@TeaHawk the fact that the first thing they do is remove plat from the game does not mean you won't risk anything by doing so.

Remove plat is a good thing, and it's a practice you must do when you are actually dealing with a tradable value. 

Is not like you are buying a weapon or a skin where they can simply remove them from your inventory because they can't be traded. 

6 minutes ago, Bregastor said:

Remove plat is a good thing, and it's a practice you must do when you are actually dealing with a tradable value. 

Platinum has no real value. It does not have an equivalent, representing what so ever. An actual system, as we can see in this topic, is not a viable solution, since it is harmful for other players.
They should build a system, that would track not only platinum, but also items, and be able to move them back to another account. I don't see a sole reason for not doing this practice.

47 minutes ago, Artekkor said:

Person buys plat > Spends plat in trading > Asks for a refund > Gets his real money back > Keeps Items he traded > all the plat they bought gets recalled > gets permabanned

fixed that for you.

DE has a zero tolance policy even with this.

Just now, TeaHawk said:

Platinum has no real value. It does not have an equivalent, representing what so ever. An actual system, as we can see in this topic, is not a viable solution, since it is harmful for other players.
They should build a system, that would track not only platinum, but also items, and be able to move them back to another account. I don't see a sole reason for not doing this practice.

Fraud exists.

The system DE uses is actually really good, I work in Fraud Prevention.

The original plat buyer gets banned and all Bad Plat gets revoked.

There is no other way to handle this. Any other choice gets 'free' Plat into the economy.

I realize no one likes the Bad Actors, but they are going no where and there is not reason for DE to just give money away.

No matter how long they add a timer to turn the Plat from good to bad will work, because chargebacks will still occur.

Blame the Bad Actors, they are the ones that make the rest of us have to pay, not DE.

1 minute ago, Zimzala said:

Fraud exists.

The system DE uses is actually really good, I work in Fraud Prevention.

The original plat buyer gets banned and all Bad Plat gets revoked.

There is no other way to handle this. Any other choice gets 'free' Plat into the economy.

I realize no one likes the Bad Actors, but they are going no where and there is not reason for DE to just give money away.

No matter how long they add a timer to turn the Plat from good to bad will work, because chargebacks will still occur.

Blame the Bad Actors, they are the ones that make the rest of us have to pay, not DE.

What are you talking about? If the original plat buyer gets banned, where go all items he bought for platinum? They are destroyed. Why the hell you cannot simply move them back to seller account? You're not creating any value by doing so. You're simply canceling this transaction.

Now image I sell items, that have value. The account gets banned. I loose both items, and plat. That means, that DE simply screwed me.

How in the world you can call a system, there any honest player selling items undergoes a permanent risk of getting screwed a good one?

"Negative Platinum Balance Help

If you have a negative balance, it may be due to a payment problem involving your financial institution or payment provider that caused a purchase to be automatically refunded, or you may have requested the refund yourself. If your Platinum balance goes into the negative due to a refund, you will not be able to log into the game using your account until the negative balance has been restored to a positive level. Please contact your financial institution/payment provider directly to resolve any issues with them. Also, please know that Warframe does not support the reversal of chargebacks as it is not possible to transfer any funds back to Warframe when they have already been removed from us. If you wish to address your negative Platinum balance by purchasing Steam Packs, you will need to contact Warframe Support for assistance with this.

Please also note that the in-game trading system is intended only for equitable trades between players, not for trading large amounts of Platinum between accounts. If you purchase your Platinum from a legitimate source, it will be deposited directly into your account i.e. you will not need to provide access to your account to anyone, nor will you need to make a trade to receive it.

If you have purchased Platinum through an unofficial 3rd party site or from another player there’s a good chance the Platinum was not legitimately obtained (for example, it might have been stolen from another player’s account, or it might have been purchased using fraudulent credit card information). Should an investigation find that you received Platinum from one of these fraudulent sources, it can and will be removed from your account. Please contact Warframe Support and we will be happy to work with you to resolve the issue and get you back into the game as soon as possible."

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010426932-Negative-Platinum-Balance-Help

Archived