Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need A Resource Sink

RedxWings

There comes a time when you realize you have too MANY GOD DAMN RESOURCES to do with.

Easy example, remember when hyena was the place to go for control modules? Now the void drops control modules in the BUNDLES. Now I'm not saying this is bad, this really helps the newbies, but what am I going to do with 700 control modules?

Another easy example, remember alloy plates? Those used to be rare, and man were they in high demand. Now? ALLOY PARTY.

We need something to apply our resources to that has no end, or gets progressively more expensive.

I'm was toying with the idea that resources give you base stat bonuses,

i.e. 1 control module = +1% health

2 control modules = +1% more of health

4 control modules = +1% more of health

You get the idea.

Any ideas, suggestions, comments on how to make resource sinks shall be welcomed.

i think it would be a little bit overpowered since some peple have over 100,000 of some resources.

and if this does become implemented, and you grow accustomed to lets say having 1000 hp and you make a new weapon that comes out

and you use the resource, your health would then become 700 or 500 or whatever. i think its too  unstable

I dont get the idea.

ILL MAKE YOU GET THE IDEA. D:<

Nah what I really mean is like taking a reusable bp in where it uses control modules to boost 1% of your health.

Crafting it each time doubles the amount of control modules.

So it would be 2, 4, 8, 16, etc.

And of course some resources need to be tweaked, i.e. nanospores.

Maybe that can start at 10000 or something.

No. DE does NOT know how to do resource sinks properly.

Please do not encourage them to try.

We will only end up with more crap like the Corrupted mods (rare mods with like 20 levels = terrible terrible idea. But, hey, it sucks down credits, right guys?)

Then what's the point of excess resources if I can't do anything with it? Just let it gather some dust? Ignoring the problem isn't the solution either.

Edited by RedxWings

No.

Remember when DE nerfed credits because we asked them to?

Do you really want other nerfs too? No, of course you don't.

"Be careful what you wish for. It will come true in this game"

It's more like DE, please scale back void credit rewards. And then they release a lot of stuff that costs a lot of credits. Honestly, I remember the time when all planets rewarded 2k credits regardless of level, so I'm not TOO cheesed about credits.

It's not a nerf, I'm not asking DE to scale back the resource drops, we NEED something to do with them. I'm only really lacking orokin cells, neurodes, and neural censors, and nothing else.

i think it would be a little bit overpowered since some peple have over 100,000 of some resources.

and if this does become implemented, and you grow accustomed to lets say having 1000 hp and you make a new weapon that comes out

and you use the resource, your health would then become 700 or 500 or whatever. i think its too  unstable

you do realize  that the ops suggestion stats that the resource cost doubles for every % increase 

1 % increase requires 1 control panels

2% increase requires  3 control panels

3% increase  requires 7 control panels

4% increase requires  15 control panels

and so on....

so even a 21% health increase would require: 2,097,534 control panels ( 1 + 2^2 + 2^3....+ 2^20) 

i don't think anybody would have 2 million control panels....