Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream Overview: 154

1 hour ago, Zahnny said:

Well that sucks.

Anyway, I was going to post this if one was made for the devstream but since an official one is being made I just wanted to say.

When I heard 3 new Kuva weapons was coming, it got my attention, but unfortunately they are weapons I don't personally care for.

Since Kuva Weapons were a thing I wanted a Kuva Miter, I even managed to get either Steve or Rebecca to say it on one of the unofficial phone streams before an update dropped.

thanks as always Mako. holy crap, a LOT of good stuff here this time! 

- Yareli sounds pretty interesting, looks like a water/Disc themed frame, still working on Sevagoth and have Octavia Prime to level lol.

4 hours ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

3 kuva weapons
heck, zarr, grattler 
Briefcase weapons-9 unique via queen pins
 and handful of others in void storms 
(void storm rewards, upgrades, obtainment) 
-launcher
-arca plasmor 

hell yes to all of these. I genuinely didn't think we'd get any more Kuva Weapons, but these are great choices! I especially look forward to the Grattler varient, here's hoping for higher ammo capacity and a slightly longer effective range. also curious if the Kuva Hek will be allowed to use the Scattered Justice mod or if it will be like Vaykor Hek.

the briefcase weapons are all really neat, especially glad about another 2 handed Nikana, but would really like another stance for them too. Arca Plasmor and Flux Rifle variants should be interesting too, looks like Liches are back on the menu boys!

Queen pins will have their own drone /hound pets (like zenuka 2.0 ? ) 
Can get hounds as rewards beating queen pins

this is definitely awesome! I do hope that DE will take this further and rework Zanuka, both for the Alad V/Zanuka boss fight and the Zanuka Hunter Assassin. I wonder, would these robot-doggos get their own mods, or would they borrow Kubrow/MOA mods?

Ghoul saw
- close to release 
-plague star release (whenever that comes back? Devs seemed unsure when)

sucks we have to wait for that event, but I guess this means it's coming back sooner than we thought, maybe sometime in the summer. sadly it also means it'll be tied to that event, so anyone who wants it, be prepared to grind Plague Star like a Formahead again.. at least we'll have Necramechs this time to speed things up: I still want to see how fast Hemocytes fall to a Voidrig's Ult.

Tempestarii gun - fell through the cracks 

that mean we'll get it? hope so, even if it's a nerfed version, those guns are cool. 

changes and new stuff

about time, also nice that we can get the Cadus. it's been in game wieded by one of the rail specters for ages, now it can be ours! we want all the sticks DE! also I think that's all the chinese weapons now..

Bypass riven challenges 

Episode 11 Omg GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

I can't tell you how glad I am to see this!! last night I brought this up, so it's crazy to see that it'll actually be a thing now. all that's left is how will they be obtainable? Sorties makes a lot of sense, or Arbitrations. wherever they are, they're gonna be rare as hell and I'm gonna be farming them because I have at least 6 veiled Rivens gathering dust. at least now I won't have to delete them. 

-syndicate cosmetics 

is... is it my birthday and christmas all at once? first Riven Cyphers and now cosmetics I've been wanting for years and another reason to go through syndicates is a thing as well? damn.. so now I gotta go through all the syndicates again! to my Red Veil Brothers, I apologize in advance for my undercover research of our enemy factions, whcih is totally not betrayal even though it looks like it, I swear I'll be back to purge before you know it! :redveil:

and finally, Embers second deluxe be looking NOICE, and I'm quite impressed with that Harrow helm; not usually one for non-tennogen alt helms but I like that one.

overall opinion: holy S**t, I'm actually kinda hyped!

The riven cipher (what they called the item that let's you bypass the riven challenges) is going to be on sale in Teshin's steel path shop. I *think* they said one per week, but I'm not certain that I'm remembering that part correctly.

3 minutes ago, --DSP--Jetstream said:

Whats the command rank 10?

They didn't say. At the very end of the stream they had a list with a recap of everything they discussed and that was at the bottom of the list. They basically said "Oh yeah, command rank 10 will be in the next patch too" and it seemed like they forgot to bring it up earlier, but then they just left it there and didn't go into any detail about it.

Did anyone watched the Dev Stream and got their x3 scintillant? I haven't got mine yet and account is linked. Been receiving drops weeks before drops were halted due to issues with Xbox. Usually, the drops arrives whenever I log on PC, but it's been 7 hours and no Tenshin. 

Edit: I also claimed it as well on Twitch.

2 hours ago, Roble_Viejo said:

Stop forcing us to waste a Mod slot for QoL Changes. Please.
It adds Nothing, while wasting the opportunity to improve Something

I think it depends on how it gets implemented though; if it allows you to place 6 "all-buff" motes, its QoL and an upgrade (since you can have, effectively, 18 motes in play, they're just forced to be bundled). Even if each counts as 2 motes, I'd still use it as a niche build for stuff like Sortie Defection/Interception. If they make each count as 3 motes, though, without some other benefit I totally agree; its a QoL at the expense of actual usefulness (and no, a slight energy cost decrease "per buff" doesn't count DE), which is frankly garbage. Given DE's track record, however, I think your sentiment is unfortunately a strong possibility...

3 hours ago, Roble_Viejo said:

Stop forcing us to waste a Mod slot for QoL Changes. Please.
It adds Nothing, while wasting the opportunity to improve Something.

No, STOP CRYING ABOUT HAVING TO THINK ABOUT PLAYING THE GAME. It makes perfect sense to have a drawback to that setup. 

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (XBOX)TyeGoo:

Unpopular opinion but deep inside i understood "we haven't done this before" "will be interesting regarding acquisition" as, or means, finally max rank ventkids pays off and she will be put there. 

As a kindly reminder, they almost are exclusively about kdrives, and offer barely other rewards that connect to the rest of the game. A content island so to speak. (That is compared to all current syndicates, Deimos being the pinnacle of having so much different stuff for the game)

I hope that that's how it is going to be. I just recently got my 'real' k-drive (I didn't even know that the vent kids were a faction) and was disappointed how little the vent kids have to offer.

Maybe we might get her parts or the resources requiered as reward for k-drive races?

15 hours ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

3 kuva weapons
heck, zarr, grattler 

I'm completetly disappointed.
Zarr is very specific to use and have it's own little fanbase but I never found in random matches anyone to use it as main/daily weapon. A lot of other guns just overkill it in use however it really fits to Kuva style (it will be funny to see Lich with it in hands).
Grattler - nothing special since 90% using Cyngas/Imperator/Mausolon. Ayanga is fun to use but still outrunned by the "kings" of heavy gunnery.

And most painfull thing - HEK. WHY HEK? It have good buffed Vaykor version so why as usual there is another repainted and rebalanced version?
Kohm hadn't it's better version and got one - what about almost forgotten SOBEK? It's so annoying because instead of reviving good old weaps existing in game from like 2013 they again duping weapon just to repaint,it and change some numbers and say "hey we give you new content".

Wouldn't it be much better to revive good old weaps like Sobek  (long forgotten and overkilled by other SGs), Machetes (even older than Sobek) which are used only as rivened stat sticks because their base parameters are terrible? From like 443 primary/secondary/melee weapons players use maybe 10% of content because other are just too weak or not fun to use or simply forgotten to adjust to new gameplay style. Game has changed but not wepaons stats.

And to sum this up much more annoying thing is that Arca Plasmor (which I love) as much "younger content" have already confirmed Parvos version (Reb mentioned it at Devstrream).

15 hours ago, Aldain said:

Also...who on earth would use a recoil reducer for a Shotgun? More to the point, who in their right mind would farm Steel Path for it?

*looks at her Astilla*

Me.  I mean, I already use a recoil reducer on the Pyrana. I like doing automatic headshots.

The moment I saw the robo-dogue with Valkyrs head on a plate I had Mars Attacks flashbacks.

I'm really liking the concept art for the new frame, but please God, don't make it force us to use K-Drive.

I'm not feeling it for the new deluxe skins, Ember could just as readily be Titania or Equinox Night, and the New Revenant wouldn't look out of place on Nekros. I love your art Debby, but I'm on the fence this time around.

I like the idea of briefcase weapons, but not ones that are worn on the back. Is there any chance that the default holster position could be hand held and they transform when you use them? Maybe with a slow wind up on the first shot/strike as the weapon changes form?

I kinda want that Kuva Grattler though. not gonna lie.

Yareli sure looks interesting.... I hope the jellyfish/sea worm thing is not just a skin for K-drive, but perhaps intergrated into one of her ability, like maybe sliding through surface while doing some form of damage or something...exalted pet even?

The 2 floating circular form is giving me some dual exalted water glaive vibe that do slash damage (high felocity water blade when spinning).....with her flowy form and dress/skirt it could look very pretty while she dance around cutting mobs with the water glaive.... maybe....

Or simply some water wheel she summon (like the water creature) to do damage, like her "satelite"?

Protective wheel?

For the Wisp augment, my question is how many can you put down? Does it count as 3 (since it plant 3 at once) or count as 1? Mostly likely count as 3......

12 hours ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Unpopular opinion but deep inside i understood "we haven't done this before" "will be interesting regarding acquisition" as, or means, finally max rank ventkids pays off and she will be put there. 

As a kindly reminder, they almost are exclusively about kdrives, and offer barely other rewards that connect to the rest of the game. A content island so to speak. (That is compared to all current syndicates, Deimos being the pinnacle of having so much different stuff for the game)

I actually kind of hope so. 

Apart from people who literally want ALL the mastery, I know of people MR28+ who just haven't even bothered to touch the ventkids syndicate or k-drives since their bondi. 

They just don't care, there is no reason to care. It is more of an island than literally everything else in the game. You don't NEED K-Drives for anything, except to get the mastery they have if you want to be a completionist. There is no reason to do the Ventkids Syndicate unless you want K-Drive stuff, or that single Captura Scene. 

I am maxed out in the Ventkids, but I would wager many vets just haven't bothered even though you don't even have to pay rank up sacrifices. And I don't blame them. 

Unless they want to do K-Drives literally for fun like me, there is no reason beyond mastery. 

Edit: Also I can hardly imagine the salt, but I think it would be a bold choice for them to have the next teased Orb fight have a stage where you have to fight while on K-Drives or something. We can now shoot secondaries from them already, and with some tweaking for numbers and scaling, and some other changes, I think the mods already have a lot of potential for combat scenarios. 

Like, imagine a situation where the ground drops out from under us, and the "floor is lava" or something similar haha, and we have to fight while on our K-Drives to take it down to the next stage. 

Archived