Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will all QoL Changes require a Slot from now on? [Discussion about Wisp's new Reservoirs Augment and other Band-Aid Mods]

Roble_Viejo

I laughed too and thought "Why the hell would anyone waste a slot on something a macro, or just hitting 3 keys in a row, can easily do?".

Whenever I see them do something like this I wonder why they don't float it past someone who actually plays the game.

Well I like the fact that utility comes at the cost of power. It's either strong OR convenient and easy to use. Harrow has an augment for the "I am playing with idiots" special case, I think that's adequate. The idea is that you shouldn't have to use it but if you want to it's there.

I remember playing back when abilities were mods. That wasn't a bad thing, it's gone now but they want to add it back in a way that makes it interesting but not mandatory. Sometimes they're overdoing it like with khora's 4 augment, sometimes not, but often it's alright. And let's face it, if we're really honest, it's not like you NEED that extra 30% ability strength or duration.

3 hours ago, 3rdpig said:

I laughed too and thought "Why the hell would anyone waste a slot on something a macro, or just hitting 3 keys in a row, can easily do?".

I mean... You laugh but over in the Feedback Section players Actually make requests for QoL improvementz in the form of a Band Aid mod.

Why ? 

Because having that is better than having no QoL of improvement at all and that's a feeling we all know way too well.

48 minutes ago, sixmille said:

And let's face it, if we're really honest, it's not like you NEED that extra 30% ability strength or duration.

Probably not....  I mean some abilities have these.... What are they called again ?

Ah yes "Break Points" where only increments of 10% or 20% actually result in a change in the Ability's output... But these are not common... Right ? So yeah.... You could get by just fine with 30% less Duration or Power....

Ability Range on the other hand is different Story.... I'm alot less flexible when it come to coverage so Getting me to give Up Stretch is hard to sell....

42 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I mean... You laugh but over in the Feedback Section players Actually make requests for QoL improvementz in the form of a Band Aid mod.

Why ? 

I dunno, maybe it's because I don't give a rat's back end what players are whining about over in the feedback section? 

hace 15 horas, 0_The_F00l dijo:

It does seem they are leaning towards the philosophy of :

Why fix things if we can sell completely new things instead.

It also kinda justifies the effort put in i suppose, why make changes if you cant really see any gain (plat purchase/time investment) from it.

For the same reason i wish they made a mechanism to burn augments into frames at the cost of some resource (same as the resource cost of an augment mod i suppose),

Yep, the classic "Create a Problem, Sell the Solution" Mindset

Archived