Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hoping the new companions are more interesting than they appear...

JimmuTanno88

I must admit, after seeing the devstream I was really dissappointed by these 'new' companions. They could have offered something more unique, such as ospreys or raknoids, maybe even a form of advanced ambulas. But no, another reskinned kubrow. Its understandable to reuse animations, but feels really generic. So I hope they offer something worthwhile, perhaps very strong sentinel weapons to use on other companions?
Just please DE don't make them take 5 forma too...

24 minutes ago, JimmuTanno88 said:

Its understandable to reuse animations, but feels really generic.

Dude, you didn't see the new animations that were in progress for this specific companion/enemy? What's are they reusing, how they walk?

6 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Dude, you didn't see the new animations that were in progress for this specific companion/enemy? What's are they reusing, how they walk?

the animation works of the skeleton of your standard kubrow so basic movement will be the same

Just now, Nazzami said:

the animation works of the skeleton of your standard kubrow so basic movement will be the same

IDK if they are going to share kubrow skeleton, since kavats and kubrows are different.

But this is the same as saying that every frame is just treusing the same animations, wich is not true at all, sharing basic movement animations is very different than "reusing animations". Dude, we saw the same devstream right? Because I've saw like completely new and wip animations for attacks that our current quadruped pets doesn't have.

Was waiting for devstream to see pets like zanuka / hyena. And I saw it-Boston Dynamics. The only hope remains that there will be a lot of modular parts for them (and that in the future there will be something else other than mechanical dogs). In particular, the legs, because the paws of a pony or a chicken cause only laughter, and not an association with a fighting machine. This is one of the reasons why I like MOA, but I don't use them - while the robots of the Corpus itself look like a fighting machine, ours wear funny hats, etc. (not all body parts are relevant - some are pretty good. But I still don't like one of the current modular head and hope for new ones)

1 hour ago, JimmuTanno88 said:

I must admit, after seeing the devstream I was really dissappointed by these 'new' companions. They could have offered something more unique, such as ospreys or raknoids, maybe even a form of advanced ambulas. But no, another reskinned kubrow. Its understandable to reuse animations, but feels really generic. So I hope they offer something worthwhile, perhaps very strong sentinel weapons to use on other companions?
Just please DE don't make them take 5 forma too...

They didn't even said the companions will be ours. They will be enemies and ONLY IF the community wants they will add them as companions.

13 minutes ago, --F--NerevarCM said:

They didn't even said the companions will be ours. They will be enemies and ONLY IF the community wants they will add them as companions.

I think they say they would be ours. Whenever they would be Sister+Hound or just Hound. And from practical reasons... what would be point of having Sister (that sounds weird) without Hound? They said that that Sister would control her Hound. Sister herself would be not very aggressive.

57 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

There are probably few new animation but... it may not matter when they would do generic stuffs. From the animations I haven't seen anything interesting.

1 hour ago, DrivaMain said:

If they can’t revive themselves or don’t have some form of invincibility. They are mastery fodder to me.

normally I'd call a comment like this out for being narrow-minded.. but it's the truth.

there is still zero reason not to use a Vulpaphyla if you have one. the Nautilus' repairing gimmick is OK, but outside of Railjack it's just another squishy sentinel (though it's weapon, Verglas is actually quite strong if modded right) panzer vulps are immortal, powerful, and scale well into higher levels. I really want to like other companion types more: I'm a dog person IRL, but Kubrows are trash. Kavats have ok abilities, but they're too squish. sentinels? too squish. MOAs? also too squish. I still want bird companions, but they'd likely just be like Kubrows with wings given the current AI.

until pets are given a proper overhaul, and DE decides how vulnerable companions are supposed to be on the battlefield, we won't see any  meaningful change. 

1 hour ago, quxier said:

There are probably few new animation but... it may not matter when they would do generic stuffs. From the animations I haven't seen anything interesting.

What generic stuff? We don't even know how they work

Is it just me , or did the "head on a platter" appearance seem lame?

yZrNkwn.png

Its pretty horrifying , and not in a good way. Mostly it feels very poorly melded. Maybe as a chest piece would be better?

I guess they will be some mix of Moa/ kubrow pet from a functionality perspective (sheldon did say they are rewards for vanquishing the sister) and have the core skeleton of kubrows for animations.

Really wish it was a spider though. but i guess that is too much effort. Well atleast we finally get a pseudo zanuka of our own i guess.

I am curious what they do , but unless they pull some really neat trick out of the bottom of the barrel , i will stick to be panzer/smeeta

I kinda like the body design of them, they are...ugly-cute? Especially the one with the big front legs.

But I also don't like the head on a platter thing. The proportions are weird. Too small, I think? Maybe it would be better, if it would be a low-detail version (to fit the smooth look of the body plating) of the head, with a color pattern that matches the body.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb 0_The_F00l:

Is it just me , or did the "head on a platter" appearance seem lame?

yZrNkwn.png

Its pretty horrifying , and not in a good way. Mostly it feels very poorly melded. Maybe as a chest piece would be better?

I guess they will be some mix of Moa/ kubrow pet from a functionality perspective (sheldon did say they are rewards for vanquishing the sister) and have the core skeleton of kubrows for animations.

Really wish it was a spider though. but i guess that is too much effort. Well atleast we finally get a pseudo zanuka of our own i guess.

I am curious what they do , but unless they pull some really neat trick out of the bottom of the barrel , i will stick to be panzer/smeeta

I know right? What would have been freaking awesome would be his actual head being the head of your frame. Like being chased by a monsterized version of yourself. That way people would have a reason to try different frames to create cooler looking pets with more badass heads.

14 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

If they can’t revive themselves or don’t have some form of invincibility. They are mastery fodder to me.

same.

8 hours ago, JimmuTanno88 said:

unknown.pngLike someone in this thread very accurately stated: Boston Dynamics

I want the one one the right, I have no idea why it's calling to me.

Though I want this style of attachment for it,

Spoiler

that shoots different types of lazers from the three Grattler barrels with a grenade launcher in the middle.

RmtDmWj.jpg

I can dream. 

Archived