Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Free Roam RJ Proximas, Commander 10th, and Necramechs Flight Follow & Repairs?

So an interesting question I would like to ask would be that of  Free Roam  when it comes to the different Proxima,  
like how we have Demos, Cetus, and Fortuna.  Having more "Casual" yet risks laden massive places to use Railjacks in seems like fun for farming Resources and doing various small popup "Continuous" bounties that optionally show up as Sandbox marked events that can be gone after over time.   Say one per planet with Proximas... Lv60-100 based maybe.

Thoughts?  For when just want to fly around doing stuff at a higher risk / reward.  (like galleon warp ins,  anomalies,  etc) 

Also on Railjacks,  thoughts on  Commander 10;  I did a post on it in details but for now my final thoughts I'd think be nice to see...
If  it gave +5 crew skill points,  Doubled the timer of On Call to 8 minutes or removed the duration limit completely,  and if gave a 4th crew slot?
Having a D Slot that didn't get removed by Player Tenno would be nice,  to have a devoted Gunner / Engineer if had one who is 5/4/4 on Guns Repairs Combat.
*(with +5 at rank 10 to be a  5 4 4 5 personnel that can stay on ship all the time, would be nice.)   Or one's Lich ofc.

Lastly,  We know from "Heart of Demos" that Necramechs per Snake are SUPPOSED to have innate Energy Syphon power to self refuel at a drip at all times;
We also know per the enemy faced in the mission at the end that Necramechs can fly to some degree or extent,  as also suggested by the OVE cutscene.
So my thoughts was if that when using one's Necramech if one were to use their Archwing Launcher there could be some degree of a Flight Mode?  
Perhaps  could be a fun thing in large open spaces where archwings work,  maybe.
Also the question of Autonomation.  If when you call down your mech or when you awaken on, if you could put them on "Follow Mode."
Also on Necramechs if one could use their Operator to 'Repair' a Mech when are at less than 30% HP or something might be nice, as one revives an ally.
I once in PC OVE think it was that I had my Mech bugged on letting me enter it til I saw a prompt to heal/revive it at which point it worked again.
Perhaps something like it where one could Hold Y as the Operator to fix their Mech could be nice,  along with the innate Void Syphon thing working.
*or if Tenno Powers worked on them being connected as close as are to use by Tenno much like one's Warframe if by just a degree of separation.

Question,  if while "On Follow" should Mechs be invulnerable? How long after calling down should they go on Follow Mode or wait til told to?

2 hours ago, DreadgeNought said:

So an interesting question I would like to ask would be that of  Free Roam  when it comes to the different Proxima,  
like how we have Demos, Cetus, and Fortuna. 

Making a map that big would give you floating-point errors and bad lag issues in Minecraft, to say nothing of a game with a hundred times more damage calculations, a thousand times more polygons, a million times more particle effects, and three other players trying to connect via peer2peer

On 2021-04-30 at 11:53 PM, TARINunit9 said:

Making a map that big would give you floating-point errors and bad lag issues in Minecraft, to say nothing of a game with a hundred times more damage calculations, a thousand times more polygons, a million times more particle effects, and three other players trying to connect via peer2peer

RJ isn't "that" much more going on than on foot, if anything less so since space is 99% empty.

and to be about the size of normal (old) RJ maps

48 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

not sure free roam RJ is possible but who knows. it certainly would be nice to have the ability to fly around and raid random ships, do objectives at ones own pace, etc.

It is possible,

Everything is the size of fairy Titania. Make the map as big as the Plains and you have it.

I would question if the assets put would make the loading worse so its not empty space.

Archived