Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lich weapons and their non optional 10 level

mistsack

So With the upcoming content patch we get once again more lich weapons waht i absolultey dont understand why is DE not making the last 10 levels after the 30 100% COMPLETLY optional by capping the mr exp gain at level 30? its just a forma wasting apparatus, time consuming and simply not "fun" in any way to forma a weapon 5 times in order to max it out just so we can finaly but some dust on it since we all know 95% of the weapons are just useless. many ppl  dont even like the idea of litterly just wasting 5 forma for pretty much no reason.

for the ppl that will argue "no body is forcing you use forma on it" <- its not an argument.

so if anybody has a Valid argument for the forma cost and time for the sake of actually maxing the weapons go ahead and tell me why.

I don't understand this post. You ask a question that doesn't make any sense and conflicts with what you say later:"Why doesn't DE make the last ten levels optional?" - They are optional - you even say later that noone forcing you to do it wouldn't be an argument (we get to that later). Unless if you want 1000 mastery points and ten more mod capacity and you want to use the weapon you don't need to forma it. If they were without any bonus incentive why would they have the option to go to 40 for five Forma in the first place?

Anyways, then you go on:"Forma wasting apparatus." and answered your own question as to why it is as it is.

Then you say: "Wasting five Forma for no reason." - If it's for no reason why would you do it? If it's for no reason isn't that meaning it's indeed optional? If it is for a reason and you decide to do it it's not a waste (or it's a waste you decided to do anyways).

"Nobody is forcing you to forma it isn't an argument." - Incorrect, it's a decent argument you decide to ignore because you can't refute it.

Maybe you should actually know what your own opinion and arguments are before you complain. I'd start with making my mind up if you think the extra 1000 mastery, ten levels and ten capacity for five Forma are optional or not and why you think that. You seem to be quite undecided on that. Then I'd try to go from there. Complain coherently, suggest solution(s) etc..

Personally, I think it's an expensive -optional- way to get 1000 more mastery to get people with too much money/plat/forma and/or completionists to spend some and it also has the decent small side effect for people with less resources that they might have to spend less Forma (maybe even Catalysts) for a build on a weapon they actually want to use due to the extra capacity they get for each Forma they invest.

I agree that locking mastery behind forma & grind-time investment is annoying. 

However, free-to-play games all need to make money somehow. At least this way it only really affects the people who treat mastery rank as a crack addiction.

It could be much worse.

The crux and bane of your issue is... what is the usefulness of MR?

All gameplay elements are unlocked after MR16 iirc. You never have to touch a piece of equipment that has ranks 31+ to achieve this rank. As such, all MR after is "optional". This point alone renders the basis of your complaint irrelevant. The desire to have "100% completion" is "optional". You can experience everything a max MR player can. Additional MR only serves to speed up certain aspects of grind and certain boasting because it certainly isn't a measure of ability.

To which there are follow-up questions. Is there a rank beyond MR30? What are the rewards for such a goal?  I don't think MR31 is possible yet under current MR scaling growth if it exists. Assuming that it doesn't give bonus capacity to all equipment, it would in theory only boost caps mainly standing/traces. However at completion, you also likely don't need the expanded cap to do anything. This effectively makes MR30 a cap and any MR exp obtained after useless. And since there are still items/tasks released with MR even now, the need to level every weapon diminishes with each new release.

Simply, you don't need to max every weapon to reach MR30. If you want to reach MR30 faster you have to use more resources. The resources, in this case Forma, require only time to obtain meaning what you spend time on is purely decided by your own whims. Whether or not it is "worth it" or "fun" is dependent on each individual in question and a separate issue from MR entirely.

19 hours ago, mistsack said:

so if anybody has a Valid argument for the forma cost and time for the sake of actually maxing the weapons go ahead and tell me why.

Money

It encourages people to Buy Forma, and Affinity Boosters off the market, so make the process go faster.

and Yes, Money is a Valid Argument. DE needs you to buy things so they can keep the game running.

Ehh, don't do it if you dont like it.  Anyway, most guns you need to forma a couple of times to reach their full potential so at least with those guns you're getting some extra mastery and capacity that you wouldn't get on other weapons.

^^ Came to say just that.

Just hit MR30. Only maxed the kuva weapons I cared about. Also haven't touched the vent-kids and K-Drives because I didn't feel like it.

We reached a point where more and more things are optional when it comes to mastery points, and in that regard the situation will only improve. 

On 2021-05-01 at 4:19 AM, mistsack said:

for the ppl that will argue "no body is forcing you use forma on it" <- its not an argument.

Nope, it really is. You no longer 'need' maxed kuva weapons for MR30.

Apparently they changed the meaning of "non-optional" while I wasn't looking because unless you're a compulsive grinder...

2 hours ago, Angwah said:

You no longer 'need' maxed kuva weapons for MR30.

On 2021-05-01 at 9:19 AM, mistsack said:

So With the upcoming content patch we get once again more lich weapons waht i absolultey dont understand why is DE not making the last 10 levels after the 30 100% COMPLETLY optional by capping the mr exp gain at level 30? its just a forma wasting apparatus, time consuming and simply not "fun" in any way to forma a weapon 5 times in order to max it out just so we can finaly but some dust on it since we all know 95% of the weapons are just useless. many ppl  dont even like the idea of litterly just wasting 5 forma for pretty much no reason.

Are you an mr29 struggling to get to 30?

Or are you a completionist that wants absolutely every single thing on your profile to light up?

If the answer to both of those questions are "no", you can just play the game with ease, next update will introduce a couple of new weapons, you can use those weapons instead to gain mastery ranks.

But if the answer to one or both of those questions is yes... you probably already know what you're getting into. If a legally blind tenno on this forum can get to mr30, then you can. I'm cheering for you, don't give up my friend.

depends on how much you value MR and/or getting the absolute most out of a weapon. I hunt MR but even I leave some things, like companions, last and try to get as much MR as I can from weapons and frames instead. plus if it's a weapon you like and want to get the most out of, you're gonna forma it anyway. 

not like Forma's hard to come by either.

On 2021-05-01 at 4:19 AM, mistsack said:

Nothing of what you're saying makes any sense. You must know that the words you've chosen don't represent the reality in any way, so why do it?

So...

1. The Kuva weapons themselves don't strictly need 5 Forma and 10 extra levels, even to have a maxed out build. Every time you relevel them they get a higher drain cap and one of your Mods costs half the drain it used to. Of the few Kuva weapons I've cared to 5-Forma, all of them have maxed-out builds and a bunch of leftover drain.
  2. Not going 5 Forma on these weapons doesn't lock you out of the game-relevant aspects of MR: weapon, feature and Riven mod restrictions. All of those cap out at 16, which you can surpass without leveling any Kuva weapons at all.
  3. Not going 5 Forma on these weapons doesn't lock you out of the less relevant (but still visible) aspects of MR: the number on your profile (which doesn't matter all that much, but hey). MR-granting things are still being added to the game, and unless MR31 changes the way we play, I don't see the added Kuva weapon grind being anything more than just optional.

You are literally complaining about getting free stuff.

How it is now: you get 3000 mastery exp, with up to 1000 additional if you invest Forma.

How you want it: you get 3000 mastery exp.

You see that? If you don't use any Forma on them, it already is the way you want it. Any Forma you invest just gets you a bonus. But hey, if you want to complain about getting free stuff...

Archived