Jump to content

Please stop the alternate dodge animations


Recommended Posts

Please stop putting in alternate dodge animations the only ones it works on so far is Limbo and Titania mainly because the skeleton is kept upright and it’s dodge length is and animation speed are the same with the regular roll

this does not and almost has never worked on protea and it’s what killed Sevagoth for me aside from is clunky abilities.

so I see y’all working on a new frame that surfs everywhere and I swear to god if we do not get a way to turn off animations for certain frames like how we can invert press and hold abilities... I’ll be honest I’m gonna lose my S#&$ trying to have fun playing a game I’m supposed to enjoy with clunky animations when you literally have had something perfect hats worked for years. Least give us the option to opt out of this stuff

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like them when they serve a purpose or a normal roll would look weird (apparently Hildryn is just too buff for a normal roll to work), but I agree they've probably done enough by now. Sevagoth's dodge just looks like a bullet jump; is there any reason he can't just do a normal roll? Same with Protea, she just does a flip instead of a roll for no reason.

Alt-dodges can be cool, but if they're gonna do them for every new frame then there's no reason to be that interested in them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What upsets me is that they didn't go back and retroactively give Mirage Protea's alt-dodge, while letting Protea keep her normal dodges.  Seriously, an acrobatic flip would work wonders for the jester-themed frame.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've noticed this too. The standard roll / dodge on most Warframes appears to maintain momentum throughout and after the animation. However Protea seems to lose momentum after her dodge (likely due to increased animation speed, speeding up the roll and then slowing it down again afterwards). It makes playing Protea a jarring experience because of the very different momentum. I haven't really noticed it with the other frames, seems like Hildryn & Limbo keep their momentum like standard frames, But yes Sevagoth feels really clunky with his dodge, although seems to keep momentum - I'm not sure exactly why it feels clunky.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sevek7 said:

The standard roll / dodge on most Warframes appears to maintain momentum throughout and after the animation.

No, they don't. It never maintained momentum after the animation ever. With Protea, the dodge animation is faster so the "loss of momentum" you are describing is far more noticeable. But it has always been there on every other warframe too.

The reality is that Dodging NEVER maintained momentum after the animation. You can see it for yourself. Aimglide with zero horizontal velocity to a directional dodge and see if you gain any momentum. You won't.

Only directional bullet jumps provides momentum, and that, is by overriding any existing momentum. Meaning if you bulletjump while travelling 100m/s (dismounting archwing), you LOSE speed instead of gaining any.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Aadi880 said:

No, they don't. It never maintained momentum after the animation ever. With Protea, the dodge animation is faster so the "loss of momentum" you are describing is far more noticeable. But it has always been there on every other warframe too.

The reality is that Dodging NEVER maintained momentum after the animation. You can see it for yourself. Aimglide with zero horizontal velocity to a directional dodge and see if you gain any momentum. You won't.

Only directional bullet jumps provides momentum, and that, is by overriding any existing momentum. Meaning if you bulletjump while travelling 100m/s (dismounting archwing), you LOSE speed instead of gaining any.

Ah fair point. But doesn't Mirage also have a faster roll animation? I don't feel the same "apparent loss of momentum" when using Mirage as I do with Protea.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the alternate dodge animations are interesting, if only for the added variety.  I'm hoping we get one that does that layered-multi-shadow-image effect at some point.  If anything though when it comes to dodge changes, I'd like to see more frames with interesting passives tied to it like Limbo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd be happy if we could change the warframe's dodge animation, no matter if we have to buy them like we do with their idles.

This way DE can do all the rolls they want and we can choose to either use them everywhere, where it makes sense, or simply pass on them depending of how much we like each of them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

I actually mean not to tease you, but the last paragraph made me genuinely laugh. What about the Hildryn dodge?

As someone with over 2000 hours in-game and Hildryn in top five most-played frames, I still do not tire of her dodge.

*PHWAMPH!*

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, YUNoJump said:

I like them when they serve a purpose or a normal roll would look weird (apparently Hildryn is just too buff for a normal roll to work), but I agree they've probably done enough by now. Sevagoth's dodge just looks like a bullet jump; is there any reason he can't just do a normal roll? Same with Protea, she just does a flip instead of a roll for no reason.

Sadly rolls are just animations.

I wished that Protea could jump over obstacles. I wished that Xaku could go through smaller holes or just go through walls ("void body" goes through walls and Xaku materialize behind the wall).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

a toggle for them would be appreciated yeah, best thing would be able to choose a dodge animation from the warframe you've mastered onto any warframe, though only the animation & not the effect in its entirety like limbo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-05-01 at 12:23 AM, Sintag said:

What upsets me is that they didn't go back and retroactively give Mirage Protea's alt-dodge, while letting Protea keep her normal dodges.  Seriously, an acrobatic flip would work wonders for the jester-themed frame.

Please holy #*!% no proteas dodge is literally the worst or well was until sevagoth came out

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...