Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Change Sevagoth's Gloom Forced Black Energy Color and Effect on Sentinels

Sevek7

Hi, the Gloom energy effect on sentinels causes a real problem when aiming a bit downwards, especially due to the forced black energy color of the lower smoke. Please see the following screenshots:

1) The energy color is chosen to be white:

16gNArf.jpg

2) Then, with Gloom active this causes a black smoke-like effect at the radius of the ability and also on the player and nearby allies (see for example the sentinel). This effect is black on the bottom (despite the energy color choice) with the white smoke on top.

yTRKcVH.jpg

This is a little bit distracting, but I understand maybe this obscuring effect is a design choice. It's not too bad when looking horizontally. However:

3) If you look a bit downwards, your view is blocked by the black smoke color on the sentinel:

K9qdMty.jpg

Oops! Now it's really quite annoying. Especially when moving around in fast motions because it starts to look like your view is suddenly flashing black whenever the sentinel is close to your camera view.

Here's an example in a mission when trying to look at the defense target:

bBUzvPm.jpg

Yikes! Please fix!

Im 90% sure that scales down HARD with effect intensity as at 74% i barely even notice the gloom aura active from other players with it helminthed or playing wraithy boyo.

Could just be folks with other colour choices (and forma for 2nd channel) that turn it less visible.

1 hour ago, Andele3025 said:

Im 90% sure that scales down HARD with effect intensity as at 74% i barely even notice the gloom aura active from other players with it helminthed or playing wraithy boyo.

Why we  cannot workable effects. With 'effect intensify' it's either see nothing (no effect) or you don't see a screen. The same goes for Xaku.

please remove this effect or make it disable for non-sevagoth players, i really hate that as soon as there is a sevagoth in the squad i also have this effect on my frame and my comanion. this is more than annoying.

effects intensity is not an option, i am quite happy with the current effects i have, i don't want to disable them just because of one frame doing terrible effects

53 minutes ago, scorpion2xs said:

please remove this effect or make it disable for non-sevagoth players, i really hate that as soon as there is a sevagoth in the squad i also have this effect on my frame and my comanion. this is more than annoying.

effects intensity is not an option, i am quite happy with the current effects i have, i don't want to disable them just because of one frame doing terrible effects

Sevagoth user (me) hate this as well.

Archived