Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Were Watched: Unsettling Truth Of The Gradivus Dilemma

GratuitousLurking

Fellow Tenno,

Though the Gradivus Dilemma tore apart some Tenno's opinions, we were successful on many fronts. Whereas the Grineer, beaten and bruised, has managed to gather ground in the Mars sector, they took it at great cost of manpower in the fighting. Meanwhile, Alad V has his tail between his legs, as his funding has led him to a hasty retreat from the warfront, re-establishing the balance of power to where it was. Even now, our most elite of Tenno are infiltrating Alad V's facilities, rescuing our captured brothers from the grip of Alad's mysterious Zanuka project.

But, there is a silver lining in this situation, one that, with closer scrutiny, may lead to much cause for alarm.

In previous operations and sabotages against Grineer and Corpus, the teams tended to act in a scorched earth maneuver. This resulted in few survivors, and very little recordings and recollections of Tenno operation. Any spare survivors tended to be few and far between, and considered to be fanciful tales of delirious survivors of some form of massive catastrophe.

And yet... in this operation, we were siding with one foe against another. With such a huge force on our side, armed against the others, there was more than enough secondary viewers. Not to mention other forms of recording devices, security systems, and so on.

This has been the most exposed the Tenno have ever been since the Lotus has called for us.

I am certain, nay, convinced, that we were studied by both sides during this operation. Our weapon choices. Our tactics. Our squad sizes. Our infiltration. Our extraction. Power use. Coordination. Maneuvers. Loyalty to the cause.

Every little iota of how we wage war is no longer a secret. Our hands were forced to be revealed.

I sense that the next few months will be greatly dangerous for us. Be ever on your guard.

Or worse yet! They could put aside their petty squabbling and form a truce. Both sides know that it only take a four man group of our brothers and sisters to devastate a galleon and its crew but what will it take to destroy us, that is a question I'm sure Ruk and Alad are both pondering.

Or worse yet! They could put aside their petty squabbling and form a truce. Both sides know that it only take a four man group of our brothers and sisters to devastate a galleon and its crew but what will it take to destroy us, that is a question I'm sure Ruk and Alad are both pondering.

For the short term, I highly doubt an alliance will be happening so soon after this conflict. Sargus will have his hands full with the new territory he has acquired, and he doesn't seem like the sort of general to so easily anger a temporary ally that assisted so much with his victory. Alad V, meanwhile, will more then likely be suffering setbacks in the economic department until he once again can prove himself profitable to the Board.

That isn't saying that such a truce can happen in the near future, however. There are other members of both sides that are interested in Orokin relics and Warframe technology, such as Captain Vor and Seargent Nef Anyo, that would probably gladly use such information against us, and as shown by the Neurosentry's harvests in the Void, limited combined arms of Corpus and Grineer can be devastatingly effective. Imagine the problems if this limited power was extended to both faction's full might.

I doubt that balance was restored tbh.

The Grineer have just consolidated their power in the Mars-Phobos area. If anything, we will have to be more vigilant in the future.

Nef Anyo is still operating in War. What happens when Ruk starts to move on him? Will Nef Anyo bend to Ruk's demands and hand over his stash of Tenno? 

Will Nef Anyo try to backstab Alad in future for putting him at risk? 

Etc etc.

So, both Corpus and Grineer watched half of us idle in the spawn room, while the other half Zorencoptered through the map teabagging the atomised remnants of Molecular Prime explosions. I don't know what they'll take away from that, but I want to see their reaction.

The Tenno don't wage war. 

The Tenno glass a battlefield and move on. More of a force of nature then a soldier.

The Tenno glass a battlefield and move on.

The Tenno glass a battlefield...

The Tenno...

Glass...

Field..

Battle..

Wait a minute!

Drunk Tenno don't wage wars,

because they use their wages on alcohol for bar room brawls.

Which can only mean one thing.

Update 11 - Dojo Bar Brawls have been confirmed. 

If it arrives in the form of an event, it might be named as Blatant Brawls of Belligerent Beauty.

Thanks Tiger, this puts my mind at ease.

[Edited due to spelling error, chrome betrayed meh]

Edited by AfroNinjaX

I assume this is why sargas ruk is so nonchalant about siding with us and praising our strength. he didn't seem bothered or afraid that we tenno could swing the corpus-grineer war in such a huge manner. all the rewards, enticing us to join them, they weren't just used to help them win, they were used to allow the grineer and corpus alike a chance to study our tactics. all those grineer heavy gunners and corpus techs (ok, I didn't fight for the corpus, but I assume you guys had techs for allies), watching us do all the work for them, reporting back to their leaders. it is unsettling indeed

So, both Corpus and Grineer watched half of us idle in the spawn room, while the other half Zorencoptered through the map teabagging the atomised remnants of Molecular Prime explosions. I don't know what they'll take away from that, but I want to see their reaction.

This is the most true thing I have ever read.

I also honestly hope DE take away what they should from it, though. Even if the grineer and Corpus are likely puzzled.