Operator: Focus Healing

Joezone619

TLDR: Since operator is mainly used to heal the warframe, give each focus school a method of healing the warframe. This will allow for more variety with operator arcanes, as the healing ones won't be borderline required.

Since we mostly use operator solely for the arcanes that heal our warframes, why not give each focus school a different way to heal the warframe depending on the school? At the very least this will encourage some use of operator, and add some variety of healing methods. I know vazarin is the support based focus school, but remember that vazarin's protective dash can heal almost any ally in the game. What I'm talking about a way to heal only your own warframe with any school.

What I'm suggesting, is a new ability for every focus school, that heals only the user's own warframe, not their operator, pets or allies (except vazarin for obvious reasons). These should be made as effective, or almost as effective, as the arcanes used to do the same thing (magus elevate, magus nourish, and magus repair), but differ in how they actually heal the warframe. They should be somewhat engaging, and encourage operator usage to heal your warframe. All of these suggestions, are their suggested max ranks.

Vazarin

Lets get the obvious out of the way first, vazarin already has "protective dash" as healing. Not only does it heal the warframe, but most other allies in the game too. It is and should remain, the best healing method out of the focus schools. Healing and support is what vazarin is based on after all, so it makes sense for vazarin to have one that goes beyond just healing the warframe.

Zenurik

Zenurik is more energy based, so it'd make sense for its healing ability to be more energy based. For this, I have a few suggestions.

A) Restoration Dash: Void dashing through enemies will restore 5% health/enemy to your warframe, and no longer restores focus energy. (as zenurik should have 0 issues with energy with energizing dash, assuming it affects the operator's energy regen)
or
B) Vital Capacity: Warframe heals 15% per second, while in operator, with full focus energy. (to be more different from protective dash)
or
C) (Inverse) Vital Capacity: Warframe heals 15% per second, while in operator, while at less then half focus energy. (this way, its more engaging then press 5 and hold still)

Naramon

Naramon, from what I can tell, is more stealth/melee based. Operator currently doesn't have any melee capabilities, so we'll focus on the stealth aspect.

Mending Stride: Warframe heals by 15% per meter traveled in void mode. (not including void dashing, only walking)

This is similar "magus repair", but made to have some level of activity. My first suggestion would have been something with enemy alertness, but on survival missions and others, enemies are always on alert, and never drop alertness. So alertness, the way it currently works in warframe, is not a good system to base something like this on currently.

Madurai

Madurai is mostly offensive based, so the focus here might simply be life steal.

A) Destructive Leech: Warframe heals by 3-5% of operator damage dealt.
or
B) Offensive Support: Shooting your warframe with your operator, heals it by 20% of your amp's damage.

The main reason why "destructive leech" has 5% life steal and "offensive support" has 20%, is mostly due to multi-hit amps. Amps like the "klamora prism" and the "phahd scaffold" multi-hit like crazy and can easily target entire groups of enemies, but if only shooting your warframe counts, that's only 1 target, so you need more healing to make up for that. Personally, I'd preferer (B), "offensive support".

Uniaru

Finally, unairu. Unairu seems to be more defense based, more close quarters. So the basis here will be void blast, as you need to get in close to use it.

Relieving Bash: Warframe heals by 15% per enemy affected/struck by void blast.

The reason I believe these are necessary, is due to how often people only use the operator arcanes that heal the warframe, simply because there are few to no other healing methods that are just as effective. Sure you have life strike, but that takes a mod slot on your melee... and magus arcanes don't. You have the new "Panzer + Hunter Recovery", but that limits you to only 1 type of companion.

So, allow the operator to heal the warframe without the requirements of arcanes. This will encourage people to take off "magus repair" and/or "magus elevate", and use a more variety of arcanes on their operator. The aim here is to encourage players to use more variety, and allow for more options, and setups. Mix up the dynamic a bit, without outright changing it.

Just now, Joezone619 said:

operator is mainly used to heal the warframe

[citation needed]

Like, sure, that's one big function you can use your Operator for of course, but it's hardly the only / necessarily main one.

My Operator sees use in regards to Energy / mobility / CC / debuffing, in addition to occasionally healing (possibly my Squad).

4 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

[citation needed]

Like, sure, that's one big function you can use your Operator for of course, but it's hardly the only / necessarily main one.

My Operator sees use in regards to Energy / mobility / CC / debuffing, in addition to occasionally healing (possibly my Squad).

Perhaps "One of the operators main uses" would have been better. What i'm getting at though is the specific arcanes people use. In my experience, i usually only use "magus repair" or "magus elevate", depending on lag. 

The best part of my suggestions though is how it doesn't change those arcanes, simply adds more healing methods. So if you like the current arcanse, and want to keep using them, go for it, more power to you.

I however, want to be able to use more then just those 2, but with how much damage you take in steel path and railjack, i don't really have many other options.

9 minutes ago, Joezone619 said:

with how much damage you take in steel path and railjack

Try setups that have more damage mitigation and / or crowd control, if you have to stop and heal so frequently.

More (maybe AoE) damage of course is also an option lol, kill them before they get a chance to hurt you.

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Have you tried Magus Repair, Nourish, the Hirudo, healing abilities etc?

41 minutes ago, Joezone619 said:

This will encourage people to take off "magus repair" and/or "magus elevate", and use a more variety of arcanes on their operator. The aim here is to encourage players to use more variety, and allow for more options, and setups. Mix up the dynamic a bit, without outright changing it.

I would prefer something more pasive like:

naramon, heal your warframe when dealing damage with melee.

Madurar, heal your warframe when dealing damage with primary/secundary weapons.

zenurik, heal your warframe when dealing ability damage.

Vazarin, heal your warframe/companions pasively a %of their current health. 25m diametre.

Unairu, when warframe hp get lower than 20%, allies( also you) recive a big armor and health bonus, enough to give them a chance to save themselves.

Edit: I really hate have to rely on spamming a button just to heal, for me it break the fast passing warframe has.

1 minute ago, Animalon29 said:

I would prefer something more pasive.

naramon, heal your warframe when dealing damage with melee.

Madurar, heal your warframe when dealing damage with primary/secundary weapons.

zenurik, heal your warframe when dealing ability damage.

Vazarin, heal your warframe/companions pasively a %of their current health. 25m diametre.

Unairu, when warframe hp get lower than 20%, allies( also you) recive a big armor and health bonus, enough to give them a chance to save themselves.

these are good suggestions too. going more of the route, "having your warframe healing itself".

Personally, I'm of the opinion that Operators have to DO more, rather than provide more passive buffs. Easily one of my biggest complaints about them has been that actually USING them is both painful and pointless. For the most part, we pull our Operators to press 1 button, then pull them back out again. I genuinely preferred my Operator when it was just a screaming child firing a Unibeam to clear large groups of enemies.

Archived