Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Loadout

123Olympian

Question

23 answers to this question

A defence and offence loadout would be nice.

Redirection (shields)

Quick Reflection (shield recharge speed)

Vitality (health)

Focus (boosts both Iron Skin damage cap and Rhino Stomp damage)

pick 2: Flow / Streamline / Rage (more energy / power usage)

I think that build would work for both offense and defense.

Edit: get yourself a Vanguard helmet. Rush isn't really necessary when you've got one.

Edited by castem

Redirection (shields)

Vitality (health)

Redirection (shields)

Vitality (health)

Thanks

Unpotatoed Rhino building is actually fun and demanding. Thou my Rhino isnt 30 yet, but ill toss some basic ideas I had in mind. And little background info on why and how:

- Since Rhino is pretty much protected as Trinity, just better (in my mind) filling the blanks that Rhino lacks was basic idea on the build

- Maxed Iron Skin (pretty obvious)

- Rhino Charge 2 is just fine

- Speed boost helmet

- Energy Simphon Aura (dont want to rely on blue balls)

- Flow 6 (I really indeed hate blue ball syndrome and 6 seems to be just fine)

- Vitality & Redirection both 8 or 9

- Rhino Stomp 10 (basicly just enough time to charge attack with heavy melee)

Those are the basic for me, highly intependent and able to beat down from melee range.

Things that I havent tested effectively yet are Parry and Reflex Guard =)

This isnt anything "pro build", but fun to play and mop up in melee range. Thou getting knocked over is a problem, but havent found perfect answer for that yet.

There are many builds to do and possible and each on their own.

I use:

Vitality

Redirection

Vigor

Steel Fiber

Rage

Fast Deflection

To maximize natural tankiness while also granting myself some long term sustain if a though situation is ahead.

This will keep you alive against mid-level enemies. When you get to around level 200, 1 shot will kill you no matter how tanky you build. Wasting all these mod slots to increase "tankiness" isn't very effective on rhino. Sure, like I said, vs low to mid level mobs (0-75) you won't get touched, but you are lowering the efficiency of the warframe.

For example, it's like using this build on Frost. Frost has the highest "base" armor in the game with the Aurora Helmet. You don't see many people building him straight tank because "he is tanky". You build into what a warframe is good at. Frost is good at negating ranged enemies attack. So you build him to make that ability more efficient.

Rhino is incredibly good at buffing his team's damage (highest party damage buff in the game: 114.5%). "Tankiness" over a team double damage buff? In solo/nightmare runs, sure, maybe you want to have some "tankiness". But against high level mobs, team utility is the most viable build.

This will keep you alive against mid-level enemies. When you get to around level 200, 1 shot will kill you no matter how tanky you build. Wasting all these mod slots to increase "tankiness" isn't very effective on rhino. Sure, like I said, vs low to mid level mobs (0-75) you won't get touched, but you are lowering the efficiency of the warframe.

For example, it's like using this build on Frost. Frost has the highest "base" armor in the game with the Aurora Helmet. You don't see many people building him straight tank because "he is tanky". You build into what a warframe is good at. Frost is good at negating ranged enemies attack. So you build him to make that ability more efficient.

Rhino is incredibly good at buffing his team's damage (highest party damage buff in the game: 114.5%). "Tankiness" over a team double damage buff? In solo/nightmare runs, sure, maybe you want to have some "tankiness". But against high level mobs, team utility is the most viable build.

that does indeed put things things in different light .... =/

Edited by UseAndGo

Good info here.  So what would your ideal Rhino build be?  I have been experimenting with different builds, and especially now with corrupted mods.  I have a good balance going and a few different setups, but I'd like your opinion on a setup I can test out. 

Redirection
Vitality
Vigor
Focus
Iron Skin
Stomp
Stretch
Steel Fiber
Thrak Helmet

Anything under lv100 (Discounting Scorches and Napalms) will never kill you.
Slow as molasses, but the wonky sling-shot physics from both Zorencoptering and wall running can easily put you in front.

1-4: Skills

5: Vigor

6: Redirection

7: Focus

8: Flow

9: Streamline

10: Continuity

Vanguard Helmet, Energy Siphon or Rifle Amp.

This non-corrupted build brings all of Rhino's skills up quite well. If you'd like, ditch Rhino Charge and put in Stretch. The corrupted build is specialized in Rhino Stomp spamming.

1-3: Iron Skin, Rhino Stomp, Roar

4: Redirection

5: Vigor

6: Blind Rage

7: Focus

8: Stretch

9: Fleeting Expertise

10: Streamline/Flow

Vanguard Helmet, Energy Siphon or Rifle Amp.

Those are close to the builds I have tested. 

Setup A

4 abilities

Redirection

Flow

Stretch

Narrowed Mind

Fleeting Expertise

Blind Rage

At this setup, I'm at Strength +63%, Duration +13%, Range +3%, and Efficiency +15%

Setup B

Charge, Iron Skin, Stomp

Redirection

Focus

Streamline

Continuity

Stretch

Flow

Strength +30%, Duration +30%, Range +45%, Efficiency +30%

More balanced build but does less damage

Setup C

Charge, Iron Skin, Stomp

Redirection

Flow

Focus

Stretch

Fleeting Expertise

Blind Rage

Strength +93%, Duration -50%, Range +45%, Efficiency +15%

Solid build, but really eliminates Roar and Charge with the big drop in duration.

Still testing which I like better.  On solo Apollodurus, I survived longer with my B setup than the A.  Haven't ran with C yet. 

Those numbers are actually slightly off too, because of the vanguard helmet. 

My 'Unstoppable' Rhino build... You will need 3 FORMA.

Abilites...

- Iron Skin and Rhino stomp MAXED

Aura... (your choice)

- Rifle Amp MAXED

MAXED Mods...

- Streamline

- Focus

- Stretch

- Flow

- VIGOR

Others...

- Marathon Level 3

- Rush Level 3

Finally...

- Redirection 2 levels from MAX (You have the extra space to MAX it if you want and can afford it).

Total of 5 + mods points lefts over.