Sentinels being squishy are an easy fix, and the Protea augment doesn't do it

Squick

How do you fix sentinels? Regen -> Revives sentinels once 45 seconds at max rank. Primed Regen -> Revives sentinel every 30 seconds at max rank. The timer begins from the point when it was last used, so you can "stock" a single instant revive at a time.

It won't stop them being stupid squishy at high levels, but with shield gating that at least keeps them up a reasonable amount of time.

Now you can give the Protea Dispensary augment something that's actually useful.

2 minutes ago, Kaggelos said:

Dispensary's  new augment is, like others already said, a bad bandaid.

I may sound mean, but DE dun goofed this one.

Absolutely agree.

For what sentinels are the death mechanic on them is just poor game design. 

Giving players an augment to bypass the poor game design is doubling down on the stupidity. It is like realizing your friend is allergic to gluten, buying them a pizza and telling them they can just avoid eating the crust by scraping the toppings off. 

You know the problem, you identify the problem, and you offer up a stupid solution.

We've told you guys the problem for -years- and your solution is completely asinine.

DE, you need to start listening to your playerbase. They're the ones spending money on your product keeping it afloat. When loads of people identify issues with your product, listen to them and don't piss around with half-ass solutions.

9 hours ago, Kaggelos said:

Dispensary's  new augment is, like others already said, a bad bandaid.

I may sound mean, but DE dun goofed this one.

This isn't mean, it's accurate. I'm astounded to the point of frustration that DE keep doing this. Time and again, they'll offer a throwaway bandait workaround to systemic issues instead of addressing said issues. And now, because we have that workaround, they can hide behind hunbots citing how "it's fixed now, just use X." The Dispenser Augment is a bad idea. This should have been a change to Sentinels, not just to one power on one Warframe.

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:
32 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

Actually with the Helminth system you can put dispensary on any warframe so its not just one. 

You know... that may sound "stupid" but people want put other powers on their frame.

26 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

Black Man Shrug GIF by Demic

Dunno what to tell them then. But his statement is technically false.

It's linguistics vs practicality. You are right but in practice it's not so easy to get it on all frames.

16 hours ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

Actually with the Helminth system you can put dispensary on any warframe so its not just one. 

By proxy, yes, but that's not my point. It's like saying "You can heal your Necramechs to full, but only with this Hema-specific mod. True, everyone can use it, but it's still just one mod for just one gun. That's not a good solution.

The person you responded to has a point. Requiring players to Infuse an ability into their Warframe (thus effectively having 3 abilities) AND equip a mod to revive their Sentinels is just bad design. I say "bad design" because this should have been a systems-wide, cost-less change, not a corner-case build. Incidentally, I feel the same way about the Master's Summon.

Quality of Life should not have a build cost. Mechanics should not be balanced by annoyance. DE have repeatedly done both.

Archived