Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Destiny 2 "crucible" aspect that can help "the conclave"

Doraz_

From my interpretation, Destiny 2 awards you a pinnacle item, best in the game, just for playing.

This means rhat you are rewarded even if you get owned by veterans.

This solves the problem (by extreeme) of needing to code BOTS to populate the gamemode ... as players will be heavily rewarded to just play and lose, even if it's capped at one per week

Honestly, as WF already works like this, it could be a permanent chance to drop! :D

There's much that Destiny does well, but this is such a simple thing that stroke me and drove me to write it here.

what kills that mode in destiny is me having only a common pistol and being killed in one shot by a guy with a legendary from a dlc i don't have xD

if we can avoid that inWF that would be great

Don't forget to mention that the pinnacle reward is once per week per character.

Oh yeah and try to keep each match short, waiting for the opposing to team to mercy my team takes about 2 minutes (mercy = match ends sooner due to big score difference).

2 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

Don't forget to mention that the pinnacle reward is once per week per character.

Oh yeah and try to keep each match short, waiting for the opposing to team to mercy my team takes about 2 minutes (mercy = match ends sooner due to big score difference).

Yeah, that's important as well.

It's a bit of a shame ... the "dead times" in Destiny 2, wheter it's the loading itself, the structure of the mission, the "press w" moments.

Warframe really nails the "jump in and do stuff" much better.

Only problem is the stuttering when loading shaders, and quicker join/host migration.

18 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

Can't talk about Destiny as I've never played it. But that's already a thing: For example, in Annihilation a match ends after 10 minutes or when the first guy gathers 25 Oros (which drop after a kill for those who don't know).

On topic: unlikely to happen. Rewards are structured this way: nothing that's important for player progression is exclusive to Conclave or its syndicate.

Not sure what a pinnacle item is, but it's very likely something good. Or what would you propose with that restriction in place?

Just now, Kontrollo said:

Can't talk about Destiny as I've never played it. But that's already a thing: For example, in Annihilation a match ends after 10 minutes or when the first guy gathers 25 Oros (which drop after a kill for those who don't know).

On topic: unlikely to happen. Rewards are structured this way: nothing that's important for player progression is exclusive to Conclave or its syndicate.

Not sure what a pinnacle item is, but it's very likely something good. Or what would you propose with that restriction in place?

I'm talking of giving for instance 10k kuva, or a riven or something any player wants ... even when you lose the match!

This is the only saving grace of Destiny 2, as the games are too unbalanced.

In addition, if this could become a conclave brainstorm kinda thing, consider the following ...

Warframe solves the age of problem of balance by making each player select their loadouts!

The lack of classes and ammo-refill after re-spawn really hurst Destiny 2. See Tam Fortress 2 ... it works because you can chose a role, and be given all the tools to actually fulfill it.

Imagine being a sniper, but you are not given ammo, the mappers didn't care to design sniping positions and the enemy one-shots you with his rifle that has more range than you xD

That's Destiny, as a casual at least

Yeah, I used to love that Destiny had purely Participation Based Rewards for PvP mode.

as long as you got at least 1 assist, even if you were the losing player you got a chance at good loot.

Another great thing is they had actual Skill Based Matchmaking, so you tended to get put into fair matches. I guess WF is afraid to do this because they think it would reduce the player pool for suitable matches. On the other hand a new guy going in a getting trounced by the 2 dedicated Conclave players who are left sure doesn't motivate that pool to increase. It's a chicken and egg problem. Can't have fair matches cause not enough players; not enough players cause unfair matches aren't fun.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Well how else you expect them to motivate people to Buy the DLCs?

I know xD but to me it's so counter productive.

That doesn't motivate me at all at spending my money ... and in all my years playing warframe and buying plat, I can afford all the dlc 1.5x times over xD

This is the business model, from my understanding:

> attract people with free to play

> pay-wall powerful rewards as dlc

> keep f2p with a handful of "carrots", so they can be target practice for paying gamers, that must feel their money wasn't wasted ... and "flex" to the investors and competitors.

At least in my case, WF has earned more by not doing that ... but maybe those costumers pay more and monetized addiction is a very profitable business.

If Genshin Youtubers are anything to go by, i wouldn't blame DE for satisfying them.

16 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Yeah, I used to love that Destiny had purely Participation Based Rewards for PvP mode.

as long as you got at least 1 assist, even if you were the losing player you got a chance at good loot.

Another great thing is they had actual Skill Based Matchmaking, so you tended to get put into fair matches. I guess WF is afraid to do this because they think it would reduce the player pool for suitable matches. On the other hand a new guy going in a getting trounced by the 2 dedicated Conclave players who are left sure doesn't motivate that pool to increase. It's a chicken and egg problem. Can't have fair matches cause not enough players; not enough players cause unfair matches aren't fun.

That's very interesting.

I do remember that aspect, from an italian youtuber that made video ages ago.

I think for Convlave rewarding people regardless of win/lose would defenitely increase the numbers.

Conclave, for all it's jankiness, is actually good and fun.

Even lore-wise, while other games make situations that make no sense, the setting of Frames competing to "get good", without killing each other, while donors (syndicates) pay you for patecipating each for their own reasons (entertainment, speculation and bets for corpus, flexing between red veil and arbiters, eccetera).

You can cardy a banner to signify you are sponsored by a syndicate.

Syndicates can even give you buffs and "cheats" in the environments, sorta like hunger games.

I would grt hired just to do this ... but my skills are very pepega and I steuggle with the simplest C# operations ;-;

39 minutes ago, Doraz_ said:

I'm talking of giving for instance 10k kuva, or a riven or something any player wants ... even when you lose the match!

This is the only saving grace of Destiny 2, as the games are too unbalanced.

In addition, if this could become a conclave brainstorm kinda thing, consider the following ...

Warframe solves the age of problem of balance by making each player select their loadouts!

The lack of classes and ammo-refill after re-spawn really hurst Destiny 2. See Tam Fortress 2 ... it works because you can chose a role, and be given all the tools to actually fulfill it.

Imagine being a sniper, but you are not given ammo, the mappers didn't care to design sniping positions and the enemy one-shots you with his rifle that has more range than you xD

That's Destiny, as a casual at least

Note that I'm not at all against improving the rewards, on the contrary. I've been saying that the Conclave rewards structure needs to be updated for quite some time. But it's a tricky subject around here.

Also, iirc standing reward for participation was higher at some point, but then there was a problem with people who would just hide in some corner and try to evade the fights.

As for balance: Conclave is balanced separately from PvE anyway. Or at least it used to be, things have deteriorated over time.

By the way ... the scarlet tower xD

Destiny: " minas morgul ... but red"

Warframe: " Destiny but ... nah, just copy destiny"

What a miracle to be able to explore both of thesd such beautifully crafted worlds ... enirely for free <3

Archived