Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nihil's Oubliette

TCT2019

I'm typing this post to report a glitch(?) of some kind in the game I discovered recently.
I had completed the glassmaker missions a while back, and have Nihil's little prison proudly displayed on my orbiter, but only just recently crafted his weapon, the Vitrica. Not long after the game theorist in me wondered "what would happen if I used Nihil's weapon to fight Nihil again? Would he have something funny to say?", so I did just that. I saved up some intermission cred and bought my way back into the Nihil fight with Vitrica in hand. When I got into the arena, though, what I heard genuinely surprised me. Nihil floated there, giant and ominous as usual, but for a good few seconds he just... stared at me. Finally he spoke, welcoming me back to his "personal shard of hell", claiming I was bold to return, with his own tool, no less. I was kind of shocked that I was actually right for once, that he DID say something special... but what he said NEXT nearly made my heart stop. Nihil noticed that I had "taken a liking" to his weapon of choice, that it "pleases me where others like it have paled". This disturbed me greatly, due to one important fact: only a few days prior to this I had mentioned to a random player that I don't like greatsword type weapons, but the Vitrica is the only one I actually seem to enjoy using. How in the VOID could a scripted NPC know about a two sentence conversation I had with a rando?

It was at this point that the proverbial mess hit the fan. Nihil floated closer, his eyes fixed not on my Warframe, but on the player camera (much like Shara Ishvalda in Monster Hunter World) and said "I sense a fortuitous opportunity here, my Tenno 'friend'". Nihil took my Vitrica out of my frame's hands. The room light grew dim as Nihil drew in power. A strange, golden glass that I had never seen before began to form around the sword... changing it. The screen slowly faded to white as I heard Nihil say "My gift... to my greatest disciple."
Afterwards I got the "mission complete" screen as usual, but the Lotus used the voice line for when the Grustrag Three invade a mission, saying even thought the mission was scrapped, I still pulled through, and to follow her orders next time. Weird.

Back in my orbiter, it was like nothing had happened. I didn't notice any change because I usually have weapon visibility turned off because it can look weird on my fashion frames. I went back to my personal quarters, where I keep the oubliette, and walked up to it. I got the same "tap" prompt as usual, and Nihil was still in there, phasing in and out as he does. When I hit X to interact, however, Nihil said nothing. He WAS still there, nothing had changed, but the text box that popped up only had a ". . ." instead of his comical humming and "...can I help you?". THAT'S when I saw it. I went to my arsenal and saw that my Vitrica was gone; replaced by a beautiful, intricate greatsword made of glistening golden glass. It's name; Nihilist. Curious, I took it into the Simulacrum to test it out on some basic enemies.

I cannot even begin to describe how amazing it was. The Vitrica's glass projectile, sent forth upon a bullet-time air attack, was replaced with a cluster of 5 glass shards, hitting multiple enemies at once. The ground slam created a ring of razor sharp glass around me like a barrier, knocking back enemies and blocking bullets for a short while. And the heavy attack... oooooooooooh the heavy attack was glorious: a Legend of Zelda styled sword beam wave that could glass AND shatter enemies instantly. This weapon was even BETTER than the Vitrica it was formed from, and it took care of enemies FAR above steel path levels effortlessly. In the wake of my simulated carnage, however, I noticed something... oddly disturbing. Unlike the Vitrica, where glassed enemies would eventually break free, enemies I glassed with the Nihilist... STAYED glassed. They never broke free, their health never drained, and the golden glass they were trapped inside seemed to... pulse, with bizarre forms moving behind the sharp lines of the golden crystal. It was... kind of creepy, actually.

Now we come to the present day, as of typing this. For anyone reading this, do not attempt to contact me in-game. If you wish to comment or reply, do so in this forum post, for your own safety. I can hear it. I feel it calling to me. Every time I go into my arsenal, I notice my mouse cursor slowly drift toward my melee slot, only to look down and see it's my own hand moving it. I've tried fighting it, but it's getting stronger. Every time I crater and equip the Nihilist, I feel an overwhelming sensation of... something. Pleasure? Dread? It's gotten to the point where I don't even use my primary or secondary weapons anymore. All I have if the Nihilist.
I think I'm becoming the next Glassmaker. This sword... this black glass... it's twisting my mind, corrupting my morals and ideals.

Somebody... anybody...

HELP ME

This sounds like some bizarre dream someone had about the game. 

If this is true, it sounds like some weird easter egg DE put in, but it also sort of sounds bugged and glitched out at the same time. 

If you made this all up as sort of a "horror story" then kudos to you, because this was a well spun yarn. 

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

If I get a chance I'll test this myself but this smells like fan-thing

Yeah, it kind of sounds too good to be true. 

I think a dataminer would have found it in the files if DE had a secret weapon called the Nihilist that was extra super powerful lol, and with how many people play this game, I'm sure some other bored Tenno would have tried by now to see what happens when you go against Nihil with the Vitrica equipped. I really don't think this is the first time we would be hearing of it if this was an actual easter egg, but it would be interesting to see someone with more cred test it out lol.. 

Edit: Who knows though, this could very well be an elaborate troll to get people who already have the Vitrica to pointlessly waste Nightwave Credits. People get bored... and then they do silly things. 

48 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Edit: Who knows though, this could very well be an elaborate troll to get people who already have the Vitrica to pointlessly waste Nightwave Credits. People get bored... and then they do silly things. 

This is why this should be on off topic or fan zone, so people won't waste credits trying to prove this

Yea, it was made up, don't waste your cred.
It popped into my head a while ago and I thought I'd post it to see what sort of reaction I'd get. I'm actually rather proud of myself, I've tried this kind of thing in the past and NOBODY believed it.

Just now, TCT2019 said:

Yea, it was made up, don't waste your cred.
It popped into my head a while ago and I thought I'd post it to see what sort of reaction I'd get. I'm actually rather proud of myself, I've tried this kind of thing in the past and NOBODY believed it.

I didn't believe it, but I thought it was a really good story. 

You should write fiction more often. I enjoyed the experience. 

3 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I didn't believe it, but I thought it was a really good story. 

You should write fiction more often. I enjoyed the experience. 

Well THANK you! I've tried writing in the past, and it was kinda' meh.
That was my own original stuff, though. maybe fan-fiction would work.

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Oh come on.. you revealed it too early! I would've tested it if the key would be available next week. :D

Sorry. XD

I didn't want anyone to waste their intermission cred, as mentioned above. That would be kinda' mean.

1 minute ago, trst said:

Neat story and all but why are people saying not to waste cred on fighting him?

People do know that refighting him after getting the Vitrica awards a Riven mod, right?

Excuse me, it WAT

11 minutes ago, TCT2019 said:

Excuse me, it WAT

From the wiki

Following the end of Series 3, Nihil will only reward the Vitrica blueprint, while refights will reward a Riven Mod.

Though the 60 cred key is consumed when used so it's just one Riven each time it's in the shop.

Edit: Here's the hotfix that added this in case anyone is skeptical.

On 2021-02-18 at 9:57 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Nihil Boss Fight Rerun
Are you prepared to face Nihil once again, Tenno?

Nora Night’s Cred Offerings will provide both the Nihil Key and Oubliette required to face off against Nihil. Once you have acquired both, interact with the Oubliette Decoration to fight.

The Nihil Key grants you one fight against Nihil, at which you’ll need to acquire another Key to go again. Nora Night will offer the Nihil Key in her Cred Offerings periodically.

For those who did not originally fight Nihil during Glassmaker, using this Key route will grant you the Vitrica heavy blade. Tenno who have already acquired the Vitrica can enjoy an End of Mission Riven Mod reward! 

Look for the Nihil Key in next week's Cred Offerings!

13 minutes ago, trst said:

Neat story and all but why are people saying not to waste cred on fighting him?

People do know that refighting him after getting the Vitrica awards a Riven mod, right?

Because not everyone is interested on getting the riven at all

Archived