Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corrupted Lotus mission directives cause me to have headaches when they're back-to-back.

TrepMaul

I have gotten to the point where I turn off all transmissions in between important story. I frequently don't notice instructions from NPCs which can cause problems when I'm playing in a squad. I cannot have it on anymore when she's giving directions several times throughout a single mission or I'll be in agony for several hours afterwards.

When the change was first added I thought it was a cute idea, and I thought, "I'm looking forward to the update that lets me get the old mission directives back". It's been YEARS. If we're never going to get her back, please give us the option to set it back to the way it was before. I'd be okay with the image remaining blue and corrupted, but the sound is making me not want to play until we get a quest that can change it again, and that could be several more years.

I've had a lot of life happen in those two years, and it didn't used to give me headaches. I can't be only only one. I know almost all of the people I play with absolutely hate her garbled speech, even if it doesn't cause them headaches like me. If I'd known this was going to be a permanent change I wouldn't have done that quest mission. That said, there was no way I could have predicted it'd still be like this years later.

2 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

its... its something that probably does what you're asking for.

I believe you can enable it in the options menu.

I found it, but the description doesn't explain much about what it is. I would have never known this was related. It'll turn off the lotus transmissions, or switch them back to what they were before? Do you know what spoilers it hides?

It should do both things, as "in no more blue face", no more garbled voice and significant reduction of mid-mission informative transmissions, and hide most of the annoying transmissions... also hides your login info completely if you're streaming before logging in.

Do note, its not an optimal solution, but it may be of help.

42 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

It should do both things, as "in no more blue face", no more garbled voice and significant reduction of mid-mission informative transmissions, and hide most of the annoying transmissions... also hides your login info completely if you're streaming before logging in.

Do note, its not an optimal solution, but it may be of help.

Thank you so much! this is very helpful. not optimal, but still a great alternative to no transmissions at all.

I don't have many issues with that, except, as you said. 

When the change was first added I thought it was a cute idea, and I thought, "I'm looking forward to the update that lets me get the old mission directives back". It's been YEARS.

Pretty much this for me. 

I'd LOVE to have the option of choosing an alternative to Lotus. I've been off the game for a while. Is there some kind of discussion about this? 

Archived