New kuva weapons secondary effect ideas zarr, grattler, hek

I had an idea for the grattler since it's a granade launcher heavy weapon. Would be implosion granade. Kind of like how the Proboscis Cernos grabs enemies before explosion. 

And for the zarr I was thinking heat seeking shrapnel so that when the main explosion explodes it makes little grenades chase the enemies similar how the grineer latchers behave where they will chase the enemy and jump around till it latches on and explodes

But need ideas for hek. If you feel like you have a better idea then the following feel free to leave your input. 

1 hour ago, Stalker_says_hello said:

I had an idea for the grattler since it's a granade launcher heavy weapon.

It's more of a flak cannon than a grenade launcher. My guess is that it will feature higher firing speed along with magazine capacity. While the damage can be decreased, I suspect that the Kuva Lich's weapon bonus will still allow it to outdamage the normal Grattler (i.e Kuva Karak to the Karak Wraith. The airburst proximity detonation could be consistent, then just allowing the rounds to punch-through the enemies. That way, enemies will be damage both from the impact of the round and the explosion.

1 hour ago, Stalker_says_hello said:

But need ideas for hek

Doubled the magazine size while making the gun fully automatic. 

Okay, but hear me out! What if the secondary effect for these 3 new Kuva weapons, was that their firing noise sound effect, is the gun saying its own name, as it fires? 

So you got the Kuva Hek, and you go to fire and the gun is like "Hek, Hek, Hek.... **reload** "Hek, Hek, Hek" then Kuva Grattler is like "Gratt LerGratt LerGratt LerGratt Ler" and then the Kuva Zarr is like "ZARRRRRRRRRRRR ZAR". 

So like Pokemon? 

12 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Okay, but hear me out! What if the secondary effect for these 3 new Kuva weapons, was that their firing noise sound effect, is the gun saying its own name, as it fires? 

So you got the Kuva Hek, and you go to fire and the gun is like "Hek, Hek, Hek.... **reload** "Hek, Hek, Hek" then Kuva Grattler is like "Gratt LerGratt LerGratt LerGratt Ler" and then the Kuva Zarr is like "ZARRRRRRRRRRRR ZAR". 

So like Pokemon? 

What if we already do that with every gun? Not that I do that....cough...

1 minute ago, Vaml77 said:

Vaykor hek is so powefull....cant understand why another variant -.-

I agree it’s unnecessary, but consider that the Vaykor Hek can’t use the Steel Meridian Hek mod because you can’t stack the Justice effect.

The Kuva Hek will presumably be able to use the mod, which could make it substantially better than the Vaykor.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

I agree it’s unnecessary, but consider that the Vaykor Hek can’t use the Steel Meridian Hek mod because you can’t stack the Justice effect.

The Kuva Hek will presumably be able to use the mod, which could make it substantially better than the Vaykor.

This was my thinking. 

18 hours ago, Duality52 said:

It's more of a flak cannon than a grenade launcher. My guess is that it will feature higher firing speed along with magazine capacity. While the damage can be decreased, 

No.

No no no no no no no no no.

No.

If these are elite Grineer weapons, it needs to do more raw damage as they upgrade. I can live with reduced accuracy, reduced status, reduced fire rate, etc. But nothing is less Grineer than losing raw damage over supporting stats, even if the overall package is way stronger

21 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Honestly I think Grattler and Hek just getting bonus damage is plenty. Both are already really strong.

I don't really expect something like your heat-seeking shrapnel being a thing tbh.

Honestly I'd prefer more QoL stuff than damage for Hek. Stuff like a larger magazine, faster reload. Maybe a small bump to status.

52 minutes ago, Kraethius said:

Honestly I'd prefer more QoL stuff than damage for Hek. Stuff like a larger magazine, faster reload. Maybe a small bump to status.

It would be nice for some QOL stuff for sure. The increase in damage is just general Kuva stuff though. I was just saying that I don't imagine getting much other than the bonus element damage though because Hek is already really good.

I wonder though if the Hek exclusive mod will work with the Kuva variant. 

2 hours ago, (PSN)GingyGreen said:

But nothing is less Grineer than losing raw damage over supporting stats, even if the overall package is way stronger

Thing is, some Kuva weapons sports an initial lower damage than their normal counterpart/enhanced. Kuva Karak in particular, as even the Karak and Karak Wraith outdamages it. With the innate Lich damage bonus (25% - 60%), it will allow the Kuva weapons to easily surpass their normal/enhanced variants, coupled with their improved stats..

for Hek, I wouldn't mind it being full-auto, or perhaps firing explosive Slug rounds like Astilla (but minus the glass effect). 

Grattler is pretty nice already, so a much bigger, ideally doubled magazine, and either a longer effective range or removal of it's range cap would be nice. of course I wouldn't say no to larger explosions on impact or cluster munitions, but that's up to DE.

Zarr with increased capacity would be cool, maybe have it's shrapnel mode fire darts that stick and explode for bonus damage if cought in the primary fire's explosives, IDK. again, it's not really a weapon that needs that much alterign IMO.

21 hours ago, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

Then the Riven Mafiosos will say its crap because of the lower disposition.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Kaotyke:

Then the Riven Mafiosos will say its crap because of the lower disposition.

There is no one in the world who cares as much about the opinion of certain people as the people right here on this forum who complain about it. I've never seen anyone care about the opinion of "Riven mafioso" (whoever that's supposed to be), just like how posting on this forum here is literally the only reason why I know what unnamed Youtubers allegedly complain about.

For the Hek, when you get a critical hit your next shot will deal massive AoE blast damage and cause huge amounts of screen shake

For Zarr, when you get a kill, your next kill will deal massive AoE blast damage and cause huge amounts of screen shake

For Grattler, when you reload, your next shot will deal massive AoE blast damage and cause huge amounts of screen shake

On 2021-05-02 at 12:08 PM, Vaml77 said:

Vaykor hek is so powefull....cant understand why another variant -.-

So mnay weapons asking for kuva like jat kusar, argonak, twin khomak, amphis, sobek, gratler, kulstar....🙄

well at this point there are two measuring sticks in play to me for if a weapon is good or trash.

1. can your weapon kill steel path level enemies

2. can your weapon take down a lich

the steel path is more important but rank 5 liches are a pain in the ass as well.

Archived