Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will We Ever Grow Up?? ;-)

(PSN)BMWWOW

Meaning the Operator.
I thought DE had a whole story / mission arc wherein our "child" operator was going to "Grow Up" and we would all be like "Young Adults" or something like that?
There was a game cinematic that showed a "grown up" Tenno.... what ever happened to that?

This?

Got moved to 2022(+):
unknown.png

- https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/mquwct/we_are_digital_extremes_developers_of_warframe_ama/guiijex/

My thoughts on this:
It got teased as the next open world ("Revealed during TennoLive 2019, the next Warframe open world -- The Duviri Paradox -- is now in development.") and we since then we already got another one (Cambion Drift).
So it might got moved due to its possible ties to the old new war, which itself got delayed do to motion-cap studios and DEs office being closed (the new war should be a bigger cinematic quest again so it requires a lot of work).

57 minutes ago, Dark_Lugia said:

My thoughts on this:
It got teased as the next open world ("Revealed during TennoLive 2019, the next Warframe open world -- The Duviri Paradox -- is now in development.") and we since then we already got another one (Cambion Drift).
So it might got moved due to its possible ties to the old new war, which itself got delayed do to motion-cap studios and DEs office being closed (the new war should be a bigger cinematic quest again so it requires a lot of work).

YES!  Exactly all of the above.  🙂
Thank you.  That's exactly what I was wondering.

Given what we know about how Duviri Paradox and Cambion Drift got shifted around, my guess is that the original plan, story-wise was (spoilers, obviously):

Players emerge in Warframes amid confusion/amnesia (Awakening / access to Warframes)
Players "wake up" and realize their true selves (Second Dream / introduction to Operator Mode)
Players start growing up by setting off on a path / focus (The War Within / access to "full" Operator Mode)
Players grow up some more by being forced to lose the Warframes and maybe even void powers they relied on so much (Duviri Paradox / another improvement to Operator Mode?)
Players learn to harness even more powerful equipment (Heart of Deimos / access to Necramechs)
Players fight even more powerful enemies, requiring mastery of all available tools so far (the New War / equipment-exclusion zones like in Orphix Venom)

So the question now is, how will they retcon Duviri Paradox back into the game?  If the New War ends before we are forced to "grow up" as Operators, where or what do we apply the newly-acquired skills to?

9 hours ago, (PSN)BMWWOW said:

Meaning the Operator.
I thought DE had a whole story / mission arc wherein our "child" operator was going to "Grow Up" and we would all be like "Young Adults" or something like that?
There was a game cinematic that showed a "grown up" Tenno.... what ever happened to that?

I  doubt we'll lose the teen version of our operators as that would mean DE would lose out on the plat purchases for our teen Tennos. I'm guessing we'll get to switch between our teen and adult Tenno, or that adult Tenno is temporary and only for Divuri Paradox main story and environment.

Get adult Operators and the game ends.

Why? Because we go from a sci-fantasy setting to Real-Problems genre: paying bills, going to work, depression, worrying about bills, using your money to pay the kids' school, divorce, bills, jobs, bills...

But at least we get a horse.

10 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Why? Because we go from a sci-fantasy setting to Real-Problems genre: paying bills, going to work, depression, worrying about bills, using your money to pay the kids' school, divorce, bills, jobs, bills...

I will just "MeToo" some adult Male operator and I'll be set for life.

Pretty hilarious you guys think there's going to be some earth shaking S#&$ happening in Orokin Hallway.

Because what's going to happen is kid is day and adult is night and other than separate grinding resources it's not going to mean jack S#&$ to the story, in addition to be being exclusive to the area.

14 hours ago, MqToasty said:

Given what we know about how Duviri Paradox and Cambion Drift got shifted around, my guess is that the original plan, story-wise was (spoilers, obviously):

Players emerge in Warframes amid confusion/amnesia (Awakening / access to Warframes)
Players "wake up" and realize their true selves (Second Dream / introduction to Operator Mode)
Players start growing up by setting off on a path / focus (The War Within / access to "full" Operator Mode)
Players grow up some more by being forced to lose the Warframes and maybe even void powers they relied on so much (Duviri Paradox / another improvement to Operator Mode?)
Players learn to harness even more powerful equipment (Heart of Deimos / access to Necramechs)
Players fight even more powerful enemies, requiring mastery of all available tools so far (the New War / equipment-exclusion zones like in Orphix Venom)

So the question now is, how will they retcon Duviri Paradox back into the game?  If the New War ends before we are forced to "grow up" as Operators, where or what do we apply the newly-acquired skills to?

I honestly hope they don't. I know I'm in the minority here, but I honestly could not give less of a damn about the Z-kid, at least in isolation. Warframes are more interesting, both in story and gameplay.

Heck, you know what I want the 5 key on my keyboard to do? Swap between player-controlled frame and AI Z-kid, and player-controlled Z-kid and AI frame

7 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

I honestly hope they don't. I know I'm in the minority here, but I honestly could not give less of a damn about the Z-kid, at least in isolation. Warframes are more interesting, both in story and gameplay.

Heck, you know what I want the 5 key on my keyboard to do? Swap between player-controlled frame and AI Z-kid, and player-controlled Z-kid and AI frame

I'm kind of with you there.  While I do not abhor the kid, I really do not identify deeply with them.  It always seemed to me like we were powerful because of the frames we wore and I felt more like the frames than the operator.  Maybe this is what happened to the Stalker?

Everything we've seen so far does point to further development of the kid.  But IMO, DE needs to do a lot more both plot-wise and unique mechanic-wise before they are worth investing in.

31 minutes ago, MqToasty said:

I'm kind of with you there.  While I do not abhor the kid, I really do not identify deeply with them.  It always seemed to me like we were powerful because of the frames we wore and I felt more like the frames than the operator.  Maybe this is what happened to the Stalker?

If we assume his Codex entry is still canon, yes. He wanted the strength to fight us, so he took a Warframe for himself. Presumably all he knew about the Tenno at the time was "Warframes who killed the Orokin." During the climax of the Second Dream, when he sees a Z-kid, and realizes that a Tenno is a Warframe/Z-kid symbiosis, he learns he became the very thing he hates so much

(90% literally; the only thing he's missing is being a Zariman survivor)

hace 19 horas, Kaotyke dijo:

You can get a debt with the corpus to pay the house, and sell your body.

On 2021-05-02 at 11:08 AM, MqToasty said:

There was no "growing up" since the airheaded operator needed someone to tell them what to do again. But hey, at least it fits the idiot children. Hopefully when the fools go rescue the lotus, it kills them and then the warframes need to kill the lotus on their own somehow.

Am 2.5.2021 um 04:04 schrieb (PSN)BMWWOW:

Meaning the Operator.

there are more important problems: i never saw a toilet on the ship. and what does this thing eat all the time?

24 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

there are more important problems: i never saw a toilet on the ship. and what does this thing eat all the time?

We probably don't need to eat and other stuff because of the void energy we have, As long as the void exists we're set for life.

don't age for decades, maybe centuries, age within a couple years. hm. I don't know, void demons should probably stay whatever physical age they are. even Rell turned to dust instead of becoming an adult, didn't he?

11 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

don't age for decades, maybe centuries, age within a couple years. hm. I don't know, void demons should probably stay whatever physical age they are. even Rell turned to dust instead of becoming an adult, didn't he?

Nah, void demons should be void demons, not puny humans.

7 hours ago, (PSN)Yggranya said:

There was no "growing up" since the airheaded operator needed someone to tell them what to do again. But hey, at least it fits the idiot children. Hopefully when the fools go rescue the lotus, it kills them and then the warframes need to kill the lotus on their own somehow.

Oh yeah, the "don't call me a child" lines during The War Within were incredibly cringe worthy.  Maybe it is to show us that the operator still has a lot more growing up to do?  But yikes...

6 hours ago, Battle.Mage said:

Well, if you look behind the operator's pod, you'll see that the seat is elevated, enough to fit lots of plumbing underneath.  Also, there are these white tubes that feed back up to the top, plugging in around the operator's head-height...

(Spoiler: The operator is the Auto-Human Centipede 😨)

On 2021-05-02 at 11:53 PM, Kaotyke said:

LMAO!  
"WHAT?!?!?  Now I have to Pay Insurance in case I damage Public Property during a Void Storm????"  🤣

Archived