The gloom VFX on sentinels could be toned down

Don't get me wrong, I love the crazy void energy VFX on gloom. Its both appropriate for the theme and it looks amazing.

However, when using a sentinel as your companion gloom applies the same VFX to the sentinel that it would use for a terrestrial character. It has the very large black ring around the sentinel that is meant to be touching the ground, obstructing your view and overall looking a bit out of place. The effect looks fantastic on Warframes, Kubrows, Kavats, Moas, Specters, etc because they walk on the ground but with sentinels, it should probably be altered. Even just removing the big black ring so it doesn't cover half your warframe would be nice, keep the swirls around them. Or apply one of the visual effects Sevagoth applies to enemies. I'd prefer it wasn't removed entirely, as I like the idea but a few adjustments would be appreciated.

Warframe0510.jpg?width=1055&height=561

Had a similar experience leveling the Nautilus with Sevagoth this weekend while running void fissures. There are too many times where you basically can't see a thing when you have gloom enabled with a sentinel.

If the black ring on the sentinel could be removed or toned way down, it would probably reduce the problem somewhat.

Another part of this is the sentinel frequently ending up between the Warframe and the 3rd person camera, which with gloom on means the whole screen can become black, which you can see on your screen.

59 minutes ago, Kainosh said:

I think it should not appear on companions at all.   Players do need to see if they are within and affected...but AI? Meh.  Unnecessary VFX littering.

I disagree, I like seeing it on my companions and allies so I can tell at a glance if they're under the influence of gloom.

55 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

I disagree, I like seeing it on my companions and allies so I can tell at a glance if they're under the influence of gloom.

I was talking about companions only. 

Allies and other Players will have the VFX.    But pets and especially sentinels do not need that.  These stay pretty close to their masters...so once you see that aura on other Player, you can be sure his/her pet is also buffed. 

And I doubt you will follow someone's pet around to keep it in your Gloom constantly....

Also, "tone down" will not work for sentients. It will still be pretty annoying, even if subtle.  Sentients don't need any aura effects.  Too close to camera.

1 hour ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

But can't you see HUGE circle and enemies/allies inside? Unless you play POE-like range it's very visible.

31 minutes ago, Kainosh said:

I was talking about companions only. 

Allies and other Players will have the VFX.    But pets and especially sentinels do not need that.  These stay pretty close to their masters...so once you see that aura on other Player, you can be sure his/her pet is also buffed. 

And I doubt you will follow someone's pet around to keep it in your Gloom constantly....

Also, "tone down" will not work for sentients. It will still be pretty annoying, even if subtle.  Sentients don't need any aura effects.  Too close to camera.

Ah, it sounded like you were implying it should only be visible on players. That's what I was disagreeing to, sentinels are the only thing that are causing issue so i'd prefer if AI allies and pets still had the VFX. Sometimes when you have a very high range you can't really see an definable edge to your gloom, especially in interior cells. So being able to tell if an operative for example is getting my buff is handy.

Honestly if they just left the sentinel sized puff of energy that swirls around it'd be fine.

5 minutes ago, quxier said:

But can't you see HUGE circle and enemies/allies inside? Unless you play POE-like range it's very visible.

Unless you're in an interior, such as a corpus/grineer tile. Its not always evident where the borders are at a glance and at some distance and in some conditions/energy colors the edge of gloom is not as defined as it is when its 3 meters from your face.

33 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Unless you're in an interior, such as a corpus/grineer tile. Its not always evident where the borders are at a glance and at some distance and in some conditions/energy colors the edge of gloom is not as defined as it is when its 3 meters from your face.

Make sense.

I guess "turn off things on companion" and "turn off things on allies" should be in options.

I thought they had fixed this already tbh. At least I don't remember it being much of a problem with my Sentinel about a week after the update.

Also, slightly off topic, but may I ask what your display settings are? Gloom used to look that black and vivid for me, but now it's mostly see through and rather pathetic looking. Don't know what settings might be causing it to look so diminished.

Archived