Jump to content

Warframe: Depleted Shields: Is there a card to reduce its downtime?


Recommended Posts

Is there a card to reduce a depleted shields downtime? I know there are cards that increase shield recharge speed and shield capacity. But is there a card that reduces shield downtime?

Example: when shields are attacked and hit 0 it can take like 5 seconds for them to start recharging again without being attacked. Is there a card that reduces this time?

Thank you.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

With how many cards there are in this game. I wouldnt be surprised if that is added eventually. It has my Vote.

Thanks for telling me.

Peace.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, XJR15 said:

With how many cards there are in this game. I wouldnt be surprised if that is added eventually. It has my Vote.

Thanks for telling me.

Peace.

It would make shield gating more OP than it already is. Simply add Rolling Guard to your build and roll when your shield goes down. Congratulations you are now invincible.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

no , not directly ,

however augur mods and brief respite can give back some shields on ability use ,

Depleted shields have a higher recharge delay than partial shields.

so if you are willing to spend some energy , that could be something you can use.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If the fight gets that intense, I usually escape by operator, can combine it with operator tether, operator healing but also simply dash through them, to earn a stun while buying time.

Some other options are:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Rebuild_Shields
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Pillage

Not sure if pillage overrides the cooldown, but if nothing else it still takes a few seconds to cast and expand, before you get the shields.

There are also a few weapons that can help regen shields, such as rakta dark dagger, that will heal shields on radiation status proc.

Though the best tanking is always mobility, crowd control and damage - or even stealth.

Don't forget all the ways you can lock an entire room down through warframe abilities or radiation status.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Simple answer is no. Dodge gohan.

You can equip your sentinals with a mod to insto regen your shields instantly once every soany seconds and provide you with buffs.

The whole point for the player to be defendive. Don't eat every single bullet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

If you use Brief Respite and/or Augur set mods you can regen some shields and reduce the 4 second recharge delay to one second.

Is it even worth it? Why not just mitagate damage other ways.

Dodging is pretty easy.

Edited by (PSN)Kakurine2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, (PSN)Kakurine2 said:

Is it even worth it? Why not judt mitagate damage other ways.

Dodging is pretty easy.

Trying to avoid incoming damage is a given. You can't dodge everything and will eventually get hit. When that happens reset to max shields as quick as possible to avoid getting one tapped.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Berzerkules said:

Trying to avoid incoming damage is a given. You can't dodge everything and will eventually get hit. When that happens reset to max shields as quick as possible to avoid getting one tapped.

Pretty rare to get 1 shot. Use a sentinal with mods to buff you. Abuse the surroundings to soak up bullets for a few seconds.

Go operater mode void dash through yourself. Full heal and immunity for a few seconds.

Granted you won't avoid everything. But just have enough to live. Operater dash yourself quick and your set.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, (PSN)Kakurine2 said:

Pretty rare to get 1 shot. Use a sentinal with mods to buff you. Abuse the surroundings to soak up bullets for a few seconds.

Go operater mode void dash through yourself. Full heal and immunity for a few seconds.

Granted you won't avoid everything. But just have enough to live. Operater dash yourself quick and your set.

Yeah I'm not running vazarin. I can get invulnerability from shield gate and rolling guard without having to go spoiler mode.

I guess it really depends on what you are doing. You can build for health, armor, adaption and healing and run SP for a couple hours no problem. Eventually you will just get one shot though. If you use shield gating enemy lvl does not matter as long as you have energy. It just comes down to personal preference. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alot depends on what your doing. I tend to have a balanced general use build for my frames.

I have most everything in the game and play mainly for stress relief.  Playing multi hour long missions or hard mode is not really worthwhile for me.

On occasion i do fight higher level 200 plus foes. But not on average. Because there's no benefit for me.

If hard mode, disruptions, etc had better rewards I'd bother with them more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Am 3.5.2021 um 14:10 schrieb -CdG-Zilchy:

It would make shield gating more OP than it already is. Simply add Rolling Guard to your build and roll when your shield goes down. Congratulations you are now invincible.

I think shield gating would be much, much better without the existance of the Dragon Key.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor 15 Stunden schrieb (PSN)Kakurine2:

Is it even worth it? Why not just mitagate damage other ways.

Dodging is pretty easy.

Depends on the difficulty you play in. If you are talking about Sortie diffculty, yeah, you might still be ok, but anything higher and you get a problem. Play Disruption for 2-3 hours and you will see where the problem is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, (PSN)Kakurine2 said:

Is it even worth it? Why not just mitagate damage other ways.

Dodging is pretty easy.

It's also pretty useless...

Your Dodge is clearly goes through two halves... The first being the most important since that's the part that has the Damage Reduction and Stagger Immunity... And the Second Half where you recovery and can't do anything until the animation finishes....

Combat in Warframe isn't designed around this One Two Approach .... Sure you could Roll to Avoid Damage on the first half but enemies will just keep shooting at you and damage you as you recover.... 

 

Sooooo yeah.... Dodging is easy.... And pointless.... The time you waste rolling around is better spent removing the threats that are dealing damage in the first place.

58 minutes ago, Dunkelheit said:

Depends on the difficulty you play in.

Does it ?

I haven't noticed a difference in enemy behaviour based on Difficulty.... 

The only difference is playing eaaier missions means enemies deal less damage.... But they are still hitting you so even though it's not Lethal I would still say it's a problem.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor 37 Minuten schrieb Lutesque:

I haven't noticed a difference in enemy behaviour based on Difficulty.... 

The only difference is playing eaaier missions means enemies deal less damage.... But they are still hitting you so even though it's not Lethal I would still say it's a problem.

 

Well, I noticed a difference in damage based on difficulty. So if you don't dodge successfully in lvl 1, you can shrug it off, but with lvl 9999 mobs, you are open for your demise after one single hit. But hey, maybe I am just a bad player if I cannot dodge everything. Just make a video with lvl 5000+ mobs and show us how you "easily" dodge all the damage. Just play Inaros without the safety net of shield gating and let us see how well you do. But since dodging is "easy", no trouble, right?

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Dunkelheit said:

Depends on the difficulty you play in. If you are talking about Sortie diffculty, yeah, you might still be ok, but anything higher and you get a problem. Play Disruption for 2-3 hours and you will see where the problem is.

In all honesty i have nothing to gain from playing endless mission types for hrs on end.

When i have just about everything already.  I play for the lore and stress relief.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Lutesque said:

It's also pretty useless...

Your Dodge is clearly goes through two halves... The first being the most important since that's the part that has the Damage Reduction and Stagger Immunity... And the Second Half where you recovery and can't do anything until the animation finishes....

Combat in Warframe isn't designed around this One Two Approach .... Sure you could Roll to Avoid Damage on the first half but enemies will just keep shooting at you and damage you as you recover.... 

 

Sooooo yeah.... Dodging is easy.... And pointless.... The time you waste rolling around is better spent removing the threats that are dealing damage in the first place.

Does it ?

I haven't noticed a difference in enemy behaviour based on Difficulty.... 

The only difference is playing eaaier missions means enemies deal less damage.... But they are still hitting you so even though it's not Lethal I would still say it's a problem.

 

Im not really dodge rolling. Rather I'm constantly moving or using objects on the map to soak up bullets.

The ai are not that smart or fast. We can out manuever them easily. And varazin void dash grants immunity and heals.

I see no logical value in smacking away at super high level enemies. I have most everything ingame. They dont give me anything i don't already have.

Most frames have at least 1 defensive ability to that helps us stay alive.

Edited by (PSN)Kakurine2
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...