Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Needs More Freerun/parkour Movement

negersonline

I am a free runner myself thats why i love this game

i think it would be better if this games had some 360 flips like the walflip could change into an inward frontflip 360

or the flip that you do from the slide could be a double frontflip

and when there is a enemie infront of you that youre able to do a 180 flip in the air that puts you right behind the enemie like in Tenchu :D

Instead of the roll to the side it could become butterfly twist to the side

And they should put back the double slice you do when you press hit after a slide now you can only do one :(

Greetings,

from Holland

The only reason i could think of them adding optional flips that make the movement more complicated would be if they add some kind of style-point system.  Pull off more tricks while fighting for more points. Similar to Devil May Cry system I suppose.

Really don't see this happening though.

Edit:  Actually, I'd really like to see this.  It'll add more complexity and diversity in the gameplay, will allow for more effective dodging.  It could even reward skilled players for acting like a ninja, instead of just maxing out shields and taking bullets like a brick wall.

Edited by CaptainPeanut

I agree -- there should be more parkour. I for one second the idea about the 180 degree turn in the air (like in Tenchu... or the original Bloodrayne). 

I wish there were more varieties in the kinds of vaults too (not as in the Derelict vaults, I mean parkour vaulting).

Also, I agree that the side dodge needs an update - a butterfly twist would be okay,  but I would prefer an aerial cartwheel (side flip). And you should be able to shoot during it. Because you are a space ninja. I think you would see more people using the evasive maneuvers and allowing shooting during dodges would be more in keeping with the non-cover system, run and gun ethos of the game. 

All I want is to be able to vault again

I was saying the exact same thing at the same time... wait, were there other kinds of vaults before? Cause you can still do the crouch-squat vault. I would like to see some legs-to-one side vaults, myself. I think I've seen Corpus do them, and you could do them wayyyyy back in Dark Sector (so DE has the motion-cap already on file somewhere). 

But seriously, did they have different kinds of vaults once upon a time?

I agree -- there should be more parkour. I for one second the idea about the 180 degree turn in the air (like in Tenchu... or the original Bloodrayne). 

I wish there were more varieties in the kinds of vaults too (not as in the Derelict vaults, I mean parkour vaulting).

Also, I agree that the side dodge needs an update - a butterfly twist would be okay,  but I would prefer an aerial cartwheel (side flip). And you should be able to shoot during it. Because you are a space ninja. I think you would see more people using the evasive maneuvers and allowing shooting during dodges would be more in keeping with the non-cover system, run and gun ethos of the game. 

Yes you understand me XD

it would make this game so addictive

sometimes its those small details what makes it even more sick than it already is

It's impractical. Why would they make new animations just to be a bit flashier?

Impractical? Well, maybe some of TC's suggestions, but making new addition and revamping the parkour system is almost a must at this point, if DE wants their mobility gameplay to be more fluid and responsive, instead of being sticky and clunky.

There's two huge threads about it, this one in particular gives great suggestions with parkour in how it can make gameplay better, not just flashier:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/119650-the-grand-thread-for-parkour-improvements-and-fixes-with-gifs-and-updated/

I am a free runner myself thats why i love this game

i think it would be better if this games had some 360 flips like the walflip could change into an inward frontflip 360

or the flip that you do from the slide could be a double frontflip

and when there is a enemie infront of you that youre able to do a 180 flip in the air that puts you right behind the enemie like in Tenchu :D

Instead of the roll to the side it could become butterfly twist to the side

And they should put back the double slice you do when you press hit after a slide now you can only do one :(

Greetings,

from Holland

I LOVE THE TENCHU FLIP IDEA.... 1000% check https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/126958-standing-handspring-tuckstanding-tuck-the-awesomeness-awaits/

I have been trying to push trough this massive thread about parkour that chained off from animation suggestions. Please see it here https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/119650-the-grand-thread-for-parkour-improvements-and-fixes-with-gifs-and-updated/#entry1401265

it does not have specific maneuvers you've listed here but the point of it is to encourage devs to put much more effort into that. That also leads to new maneuvers.

I have been trying to push trough this massive thread about parkour that chained off from animation suggestions. Please see it here https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/119650-the-grand-thread-for-parkour-improvements-and-fixes-with-gifs-and-updated/#entry1401265

it does not have specific maneuvers you've listed here but the point of it is to encourage devs to put much more effort into that. That also leads to new maneuvers.

I intended on trashing you for not giving your opinion on my thread but then I checked yours out. AWESOME.

Edited by Nkomo-Sama