Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do we have so few moderators for Q&A chat

(XBOX)Alm0ndParty

Question

I have a screenshot but this is my first forum post but honestly I was in Q&A answering questions and trying to help people who needed it and some (insert Australian word) was spamming his [Looks]. I asked him to move it to region but he kept spamming so I started getting a bit moody and swearing at him. But not a single moderator kicked him or me for that matter. The lack of control DE has over their own chat system is a little shameful we need some right minded moderators on Xbox not like some we had in the past *cough cough*

7 answers to this question

1 minute ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

They're probably all at region where they're actually needed. 

^This

13 minutes ago, (XBOX)Alm0ndParty said:

I asked him to move it to region but he kept spamming so I started getting a bit moody and swearing at him

Also. Your response to someone posting their looks in QA, to the point of swearing, are wholly inappropriate. If you're going to help people then do so without getting so agitated that you become rude to others. Honestly i'm not sure why you'd even share this with the community. Being a jerk is typically not a redeeming quality.

Because it was an entirely poor decision to split moderation between Q&A and Region chat, and then have such a stringent ruleset to the point where new players were being kicked from the channel for being confused as to where to start -- which people have spoken out on -- so moderation of the channel is likely at a loss of what to do.

As such, the name of the channel is Question and Answer, but in reality since Region Chat is disabled by default it's Region Chat 0.5 with worse rules and thinly spread moderation that you will almost never know is there, as they don't have their own names and moderate from a single bot account that rarely ever speaks in chat. 

We don't have moderation in Q&A because no one put the proper thought into how Q&A should be implemented instead of just making another Region chat channel with people who want to answer questions, regardless of if they can or can't, and banning people who aren't asking or answering questions.

In my 5+ years of playing, I don't think I've ever seen any moderation on PSN in Oceanic region (it probably happens, but I've never seen it). It's just too small, so there's almost no point in hiring a team to do so. They just let the auto-mod take care of it.

I'd suggest getting familiar with /ignore if it bothers you that much.

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Alm0ndParty said:

I have a screenshot but this is my first forum post but honestly I was in Q&A answering questions and trying to help people who needed it and some (insert Australian word) was spamming his [Looks]. I asked him to move it to region but he kept spamming so I started getting a bit moody and swearing at him. But not a single moderator kicked him or me for that matter. The lack of control DE has over their own chat system is a little shameful we need some right minded moderators on Xbox not like some we had in the past *cough cough*

You're a hair close from making a thread that says "i was answering questions but a guy started to spam then I got moody and i got banned. Please DE my intention was just helping others and that guy is the one who started it"

HAIR CLOSE.

Next time just ignore and move on. Report if you really really really have to. People who tries to be heroes generally face horrible fates in this game.

Archived