Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lich ephemera from beating them?

(PSN)Drakkonok

Question

I'm talking about beating them in mission WITHOUT the correct Requium mods, NOT about kill/converting them. I know one of my Liches had this happen, but I've beaten my current Lich over 20 times and still nothing. I've tried looking up the percentages and found nothing even mentioning it. Has it been removed or changed? Again, I'm talking about an already spawned Lich getting the ephemera from being beaten in mission, not kill/converted/spawned. Thank you in advance for any assistance.

6 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, (PSN)Drakkonok said:

I'm talking about beating them in mission WITHOUT the correct Requium mods, NOT about kill/converting them. I know one of my Liches had this happen, but I've beaten my current Lich over 20 times and still nothing. I've tried looking up the percentages and found nothing even mentioning it. Has it been removed or changed? Again, I'm talking about an already spawned Lich getting the ephemera from being beaten in mission, not kill/converted/spawned. Thank you in advance for any assistance.

If you got an ephemera without properly finishing your lich with the correct set of requiem mods, it was either a bug, or you are more likely mistaken. 

That is certainly not supposed to happen, as McCloud said. You need to kill or convert it fully, you cannot just make it run away in mission to get the ephemera. 

I have also never heard of that happening. 

Also I'm confused by your wording... you can only "beat them" in mission, by using the correct set of requiem mods.

When they disappear in a mission when you didn't use the correct set of requiem mods to kill or convert them, they were the opposite of BEATEN.

They were RANKED UP, because they used the power of your wrong guess to get even stronger. You didn't beat anything.

So no ephemera. 

As mentioned, you only get the ephemera once you've converted/vanquished the lich.

When you create the lich, there's a 20% chance it'll have the ephemera. If it doesn't have it, there's nothing you can do to make it have the ephemera. You'll just have to beat it and get a new lich to try again.

33 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

If you got an ephemera without properly finishing your lich with the correct set of requiem mods, it was either a bug, or you are more likely mistaken. 

That is certainly not supposed to happen, as McCloud said. You need to kill or convert it fully, you cannot just make it run away in mission to get the ephemera. 

I have also never heard of that happening. 

Also I'm confused by your wording... you can only "beat them" in mission, by using the correct set of requiem mods.

When they disappear in a mission when you didn't use the correct set of requiem mods to kill or convert them, they were the opposite of BEATEN.

They were RANKED UP, because they used the power of your wrong guess to get even stronger. You didn't beat anything.

So no ephemera. 

Allow me to clarify, beating them in mission (correct Requium or not) would be successfully defeating them and completing the mission. As for getting the ephemera, I powered up/beat/used the wrong Requium/however you'd like to put it and after that mission my Lich had the ephemera. Was that a glitch or was that a part of the game mechanic? I swear I remember reading or hearing about that being a part of the game but it doesn't seem to be anymore, unless my RNG is terrible as always.

Lichs either spawn with or without an ephemera. If it isn't there at the start it won't gain one no matter how much you stab it. 

I have never heard that about lichs getting an ephemera after being stabbed so no clue where you heard that from. Maybe you didn't notice it at first as some of the elements are difficult to tell if you haven't seen a picture of them before, or you clicked on the wrong lich in your codex tab. 

Archived