Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

950 Milestone

EdehArai

qwZiBEY.png

I've also found a bugreport about this milestone not being received, in 2018... now I'm concerned xD

EDIT: this was merged from a different topic, would be nice if that was said in the moved messages automatically :P

well, if they investigate it, everything will be fine, right? so i guess in about 3 years from now it might get fixed (or the part of the 2018 bug at least ^^)

on a serious note: did you guys tried to click around the area of where the 'choices' usually would be? or hit 'enter' (or whatever you set up for activation - idk if this matter since enter is activate for me)? i remember having this same problem and could skip this problem (ofc, i still have no clue about whatever reward i got then ^^)

1 hour ago, fr4gb4ll said:

on a serious note: did you guys tried to click around the area of where the 'choices' usually would be? or hit 'enter' (or whatever you set up for activation - idk if this matter since enter is activate for me)? i remember having this same problem and could skip this problem (ofc, i still have no clue about whatever reward i got then ^^)

Yes, you can get past the daily tribute screen and play, but there's no reward, and your daily tribute progress doesn't progress. Also, you're greeted with the daily tribute screen on every login, not just the first login of the day. There's no getting to 1000 when you're stuck at 950.

The just posted release notes for PC say they've already got a fix, but I suppose that means it's a client side issue.

On 2021-05-16 at 7:49 PM, (PSN)chabala said:

to prevent it happening again in the future?

considering that this isn't the first time a bug 'reoccures' in the game, i'd say it will happen again... my guess is that they have don't have a stringent enough regime in the bug-fixing section that records each and every single change with an even longer description, notes of thought and general documentation for all changes done in the software... one of the main reasons i lost interest in coding long ago but sure a way to prevent bugs from reappearing every release or so and also helps new coder on a project tremendously as a source of knowledge but it sure is a dreary way of working, especially for those creative minds who just want to explode (code-wise) with their ideas. coding today is more like accounting if you do it professionally ^^)

but just out of (forma) professional interest, i also would like to know what the reason for this bug (and many others too) was - you never know when to learn something usefully this way...

On 2021-05-16 at 7:49 PM, (PSN)chabala said:

@[DE]Saske now that this is resolved, can you fill us in on the details of the why? Was this a regression of the same bug as two years ago, or something new? Do you have testing in place to prevent it happening again in the future?

There was no bug 2 years ago.

Read the reddit comments, there was no preview for a day 950 reward because DE didn't add a reward to the game at this time, DE was busy with other things so they added the Day 950 reward almost too late.

I'd still call that a bug, and the practical effect this time around was the same as it was then, I had blank previews leading up to 950, and got stuck on day 950 with no reward until they did *something*. Would be nice to have more comment from DE on the reality of the situation instead of guessing.

I still have an open support ticket asking if they can bump my login day count by the days I missed due to the bug.

Archived