Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revamped Open-World Resource Veins

Hawkeye2404

There will now be different rarities of resource veins. The rarity of the resource vein determines how commonly you'll find it, how many resources you'll get for mining it, what your chances are of finding rare resources while mining it and how many nodes you have to drill when mining it. Common Veins will spawn almost everywhere and be very quick to mine, but will not give a lot of resources. Rarer veins like Legendary Veins will spawn much less often and take longer to mine, but will give you much more resources. Of course, you still get a bonus for having good timing when drilling a node - if you time well you will get even more resources, but if you have bad timing you'll get less than the average amount.

Common Vein: 1x resource multiplier (no extra resources). No rare resource chance modifier (normal chances for finding rare resources). 1 Node you have to drill.

Uncommon Vein: 1.25x resource multiplier (25% extra resources). +5% rare resource chance modifier (5% better chances for finding rare resources). 2 Nodes you have to drill.

Rare Vein: 1.5x resource multiplier (50% extra resources). +10% rare resource chance modifier (10% better chances for finding rare resources). 3 Nodes you have to drill.

Very Rare Vein: 1.75x resource multiplier (75% extra resources). +15% rare resource chance modifier (15% better chances for finding rare resources). 4 Nodes you have to drill.

Legendary Vein: 2x resource multiplier (100% extra resources). +20% rare resource chance modifier (20% better chances for finding rare resources). 5 Nodes you have to drill.

EDIT: If you guys think my proposed multipliers/modifiers for the different rarities will be too much they could perhaps be reduced (maybe even cut in half?) which will still result in rarer veins giving you more resources than normal, as is the goal of this proposed change.

all these new mining resources become irrelevant after 2 months of introduction. once we build every item posible with them, there is no point in farming them, plains resources are good example atm, new items have no requirement for them. same with orb vallis unless some event drops related to it. since necralisk is new we still getting new items requiring their resources but lets be honest doing those requiem tower is easy way to get those resources.

37 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I hate Mining.... That is all....

These changes are meant to make mining more bearable. The common veins will be easier to mine and there will be chances for rarer resource veins giving more than the usual amount.

31 minutes ago, Dauggie said:

all these new mining resources become irrelevant after 2 months of introduction. once we build every item posible with them, there is no point in farming them, plains resources are good example atm, new items have no requirement for them. same with orb vallis unless some event drops related to it. since necralisk is new we still getting new items requiring their resources but lets be honest doing those requiem tower is easy way to get those resources.

But it takes a long while to mine enough resources to build all the items. This idea is meant to help make it less of a grind. As for the plains resources having no new items that require them, I believe that whatever oper world they introduce next will require plains or deimos mining resources.

Archived