Jump to content

Chroma's ultimate ability


ShiniDesKa

Recommended Posts

Back then when I first started the game, I thought I get to play as a dragon with Chroma's 4, then got so disappointed it's a useless turret, due to how chroma is upgraded it's even impossible to use it at all. Now we get Sevagoth with exalted frame as an ult ability. I think we could get a rework to chroma so now he'll get more than 2 usable abilities. Also Sevagoth's shadow claws look like back scratchers and the abilities on both the frame and shadow are super underwhelming and disappointing. AoE pull, dash+heal and essentially a viral proc area around you.... Really? That's it? Just yikes.
 Claws aren't a new thing for video games. Check out "Evolve wraith abilities" to see how claws should look and MORE INTERESTING ABILITIES.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honestly I don't mind if DE even bought the copyrights for Wraith (ironically, sevagoth was promoted as "wraithe" in 2020) and almost completely copied it, since Evolve is a dead and shut down game anyway, copyrights wouldn't be expensive... right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, ShiniDesKa said:

Honestly I don't mind if DE even bought the copyrights for Wraith (ironically, sevagoth was promoted as "wraithe" in 2020) and almost completely copied it, since Evolve is a dead and shut down game anyway, copyrights wouldn't be expensive... right?

You cant copyright a idea, only specific execution. Also asymetric pvp toolset doesnt convert perfectly to worth in pve.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chroma really could do with his ult being more impactful. It was certainly cool back in the day of his release, but it's really fallen off with the powercreep and featurecreep of the game. I've long been a supporter of the idea that Effigy functions as a second source of all Chroma's active abilities, cementing the concept of him splitting in two and using that duality to his advantage. Idk what else would make the insta-dragon more interesting, though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 2021-05-05 at 7:19 AM, GraveSpectre said:

Rework effigy into less of a turret and more like Umbra when in operator mode? A flying flaming dragon that aids you in combat with it's own abilities. Even if it's own abilities are copies of chromas....

As long as it's not as useless as Umbra. Umbra is literally the meme "when you unlock the boss as playable character" and then it turns into the worst -1 star spectre

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-05-04 at 8:18 PM, Andele3025 said:

You cant copyright a idea, only specific execution. Also asymetric pvp toolset doesnt convert perfectly to worth in pve.

Well, I'd be happy if it at least looked good. Not uhhh... Back scracters for claws.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it'd be particularly good if the little naked chroma was the "effigy" and vex armor and elemental ward had enhanced range from the effigy when used, could even use the animation from the warframes dropping to their knees with the old focus remap his 1 to his exalted form as a high status cone blast infront and have Base chroma's new 1 as something else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-05-14 at 1:23 PM, ShiniDesKa said:

As long as it's not as useless as Umbra. Umbra is literally the meme "when you unlock the boss as playable character" and then it turns into the worst -1 star spectre

Dunno how you're running your Umbra but mine wrecks the enemy pretty damn hard even up to like level 80.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-05-14 at 3:23 PM, ShiniDesKa said:

As long as it's not as useless as Umbra. Umbra is literally the meme "when you unlock the boss as playable character" and then it turns into the worst -1 star spectre

Umbra uses your weapons WITH mods, so if your Umbra sucks, that's because your weapon sucks. Umbra also doesn't use ammo, so feel free to throw on a Bramma while you chill in Operator/Mech.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I never liked the "Pelt" idea on Chroma. Its a confused theme of a frame. The original concept was a fan concept and Chroma just was the dragon. I'd like to see that concept restored and his 4 simply lets him sprout the energy wings, take off, and start bathing things in elemental destruction. Like. A. Dragon. Should.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Fenrir121 said:

I never liked the "Pelt" idea on Chroma. Its a confused theme of a frame. The original concept was a fan concept and Chroma just was the dragon. I'd like to see that concept restored and his 4 simply lets him sprout the energy wings, take off, and start bathing things in elemental destruction. Like. A. Dragon. Should.

Not really. The only part of Dragon/Zirnitra frame taken for Chroma was his Vex Armor, everything else from visuals to elemental theme was DE (well one might argue that the real body of chroma on the deluxe skin is also like a very trimmed down/mesh decimated form of the Dragon art too, but w/e).
Its also why id say DE should just drop the dragon bit completely and focus on the sentient hunter aspect as its both his quest AND his most notable gameplay use (and element swapping on the fly helps against their adaptation).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Andele3025 said:

Not really. The only part of Dragon/Zirnitra frame taken for Chroma was his Vex Armor, everything else from visuals to elemental theme was DE (well one might argue that the real body of chroma on the deluxe skin is also like a very trimmed down/mesh decimated form of the Dragon art too, but w/e).
Its also why id say DE should just drop the dragon bit completely and focus on the sentient hunter aspect as its both his quest AND his most notable gameplay use (and element swapping on the fly helps against their adaptation).

That's a cool opinion. Just like mine was. The fact is that the dragon frame fan concept was on the forums for years before Chroma came out and a lot of his design is clearly taken from it. Especially the many iterations it went though. But think what you want. 🙂

Edit: Forgot to mention that Chroma was referenced as the Dragon frame by DE themselves and is still listed as such in the game files.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 2021-05-19 at 4:13 PM, Fenrir121 said:

Edit: Forgot to mention that Chroma was referenced as the Dragon frame by DE themselves and is still listed as such in the game files.

And that, right there, it the biggest issue people have with Chroma. DE call him a dragon warframe, but in actuallity he is not that at all. Chroma is a Dragon Slayer. Think about this: He is all about increasing his toughness, and increasing the damage of his weapons through Vex Armor. On the Chroma Prime in game page (when you type [Chroma Prime] in the chat) he is equipped with a Gram Prime (a very powerful greatsword) and a Rubico Prime (a powerful sniper rifle - you know, for shooting down large flying beasts). Hell - speaking of his Prime, did you guys ever notice that once Chroma Prime deploys his effigy, his helmet looks like a medieval knight's helmet? Especially the thing around where his eyes should be. If you read his backstory on the wiki, you will find that he carved the pelt out of a sentient he killed, and wore it as a trophy. He just didn't expect that it will survive, fuse itself to him and drive him insane. And the element switching he now has, does go very well with the idea of getting around the sentients' adaptation (since Sentients are probably the closest we can get to giant mosters for warframes to kill - no actual dragons in the lore so far).

Now how does one decide to make a dragon, and end up making a dragon slayer, while still being convinced that a dragon is what they made, is beyond me...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...