Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting rid of Excess Void Relics?

When you've been playing for years you end up getting loads of excess Relics in your inventory, but don't have enough time to open them.

Afaik the only current way to get rid of them is to either open them or sell them to other players.

The problem with opening them takes too long (2-3min per run, ~10 relics/20-30min) and sometimes you even get another relic as mission reward, so it was all for nothing. 

And the problem with selling those excess relics is that most of them are garbage relics that nobody buys. For example, I've been grinding Isolation Vaults for the past couple weeks now, so I have ~25x those mission reward relics filling my inventory. I've been trying to sell them on Warframe.Market, but since its so easily obtainable nobody is interested on them.

So here's my few suggestions how to fix this "problem":

1. Make relics sellable

Simple as it sounds. No further explanation needed

2. New game mode that allows you to open multiple relics at once

Again, simple concept so no further explanation needed.

3. Reroll relics (my favorite idea)

So, currently we can reroll Riven Mods by sacrificing 4 random mods into 1 random mod. So I don't see a problem with similar option that allows us to reroll Relics in similar fashion.

The idea is that you can sacrifice 4 random relics and turn them into 1 random relic, but with few restrictions. The output relics cannot be higher rank than the highest sacrificed relic's rank, meaning that if you sacrifice 1xLith, 2xMesa and 1xNeo relics the highest output relic rank can only be Neo relic. But if you sacrifice 4 of the same kind relics the output relic is guaranteed to be the same rank, for example, if you sacrifice 4xAxi relics you get 1xAxi relic in return.

Thoughts?

That sounds to be overly complicated for a problem only the 0.1% faces. Don't get me wrong, I have hundreds of relics, probably close to a thousand, so what? There's a search filter. Want a lith t5? Type t5, tada, it's there. Problem solved. You're welcome.

And if you really want to get rid of them, gift them to unaware noobs, it's a poisoned gift that will bring hours of frustration as no one ever makes groups for them and they're never getting the gold part.

I think a better question is: How is having a lot of relics a bad thing?

I mean I have tons of relics saved up but I see it as a free library of potential parts for when I want ducats or want to expend excess traces. Otherwise the quantity is completely inconsequential to me. The ability to open multiple would be much appreciated as far as forma farming, though.

2 minutes ago, Alpheus said:

This.

Why do you need to get rid of them? It might be clutter but it isn't really a problem outside of personal aesthetic opinion. As someone with thousands of relics I agree that it can be a pain to find specific relics to open but I just stopped looking for specific relics and open whatever I currently have the most of since there is a sorting method to display most owned at the top. 

35 минут назад, Jalakopoksaus сказал:

The idea is that you can sacrifice 4 random relics and turn them into 1 random relic, but with few restrictions. The output relics cannot be higher rank than the highest sacrificed relic's rank, meaning that if you sacrifice 1xLith, 2xMesa and 1xNeo relics the highest output relic rank can only be Neo relic. But if you sacrifice 4 of the same kind relics the output relic is guaranteed to be the same rank, for example, if you sacrifice 4xAxi relics you get 1xAxi relic in return.

only if output relic won't be from vaulted list

31 minutes ago, Jalakopoksaus said:

Thoughts?

Just Horde them.... And show your collection to anyone even Remotely interested....

When people ask: "Yo dude... Do you even Sleep ?" You just explain to them it's not your fault.... They piled up all on their own and DE won't let you get rid of them.

19 minutes ago, Jalakopoksaus said:

I suppose you guys have a point.

I mainly wanted to introduce the idea of rerolling some of those excess relics into something that would be more useful to you, even if the outcome is totally random.

You also have a point too you know... You strike me as the type of person who doesn't like waste.... You don't open a new jar of Peanut butter while the old one is still Half Full.... 

I think the Resource Economies in all Grinding Games should be done how Cyclical so that you never have to worry about feeling like you're not getting the most value out of the Junk that begins to pile up.

33 минуты назад, Alpheus сказал:

Inventory clutter. Its disorienting to have like 50 relics show up when you go into T1 casually and having to decide which one to pick, but it can't be the one that has that one super rare you need, so "pick random" is not an option, i just have to pick one of the ones that are in the 20s. And no, filter is of no use to me here.

I once tried to exhaust my relic supply by trying to burn every single one, but gave up after 20-30 when i already wanted to die and realized that its a pointless endevourer because chances are i would just get a new relic at the end of the mission rendering my "mission" pointless and burning efficiency extremely low.

I just don't like having useless S#&$ in my inventory that i would never use. I'm not that type of hoarder.

And no, its not the same as resources. Sure i have 11.000.000 alloy plates, but at least i occasionally still use them in some crafting endevours. What the hell am i going to do with Lith S4 or whatever it is? It has nothing of interest to me, the rare drop is some unpopular weapon that nobody uses and it will got for like 5 plat on market and forma is an uncommon drop so its even worthless for forma farming. So it literally JUST piles up for no reason and clutters my inventory and relic choice tab.

Out the window, now.

1 hour ago, Jalakopoksaus said:

When you've been playing for years you end up getting loads of excess Relics in your inventory, but don't have enough time to open them.

Afaik the only current way to get rid of them is to either open them or sell them to other players.

I want a weapon that lets me shoot them into enemies' faces :P

13 minutes ago, Artekkor said:

Inventory clutter. Its disorienting to have like 50 relics show up when you go into T1 casually and having to decide which one to pick, but it can't be the one that has that one super rare you need, so "pick random" is not an option, i just have to pick one of the ones that are in the 20s. And no, filter is of no use to me here.

Just sort it by the most owned then pick the first one in the list. Problem solved. The only time I even search for anything is when someone in the group asks for a specific part.

Spoiler

FuqhNTw.jpg

I offer 1 plat for any 6 relics you may want to get rid off, limit 2 Lith per trade.

In other words, 0.16666666666666666666666666666667 plat per relic, the perfect Parvos ratio.

Now's your chance to take advantage of this amazing deal.

Do it enough times with me and you will be able buy the credit bundle in the market, EZ relic to credits conversion.

It's free real estate.

2 hours ago, Jalakopoksaus said:

Thoughts?

I'm a broken record in saying this but her we go:

Relic Kiosk. 

- added into the relay near Ducat Kiosk

- converts Relics into Void Traces or Endo.

- Higher tier and refined relics are worth more traces.

- Requiem Relics convert into Kuva.

this would immediately solve the surplus relic problem, greatly decrease the Void Trace grind when new Primes come out, and make your inventory less cluttered overall. it would take all of a few minutes to implement (a Ducat Kiosk with a different Symbol would be fine), and the benefits would be substantial. 

just do it already DE, please. 

Even if they allow us to crack more than 1 relic at once the stock is far away to being void, got stilll hundreds from scarlet spear sitting around but well I tend to pick random once for forma bps so not that bad. Would love a fusion system like mods that give you a random relic from relic pack pool for exemple.

I looked at all those 40-50 stacks of relics I used to have, and thought; "man, that's a lot of potential Ducats and plats sitting there unused."

So I patiently cracked them all in fast Fissures like Exterminates and Captures, until I had none left. Since then, I've imposed a strict relics control regime, and never had the excess relics problem since.

But yeah, a more convenient way to get rid of them would be appreciated.

The relic clutter bothers me sometimes too.  But really, my problem with it would go away almost completely with a couple of other often requested features:

- Relics and parts labeled "vaulted", plus sort option.

- Ability to mark relic favorites, plus sort option.

One other thing that I haven't seen requested and might be too much work...but would be very handy IMO:

- Ability to sort relics by "number of times opened"

Best solution is to be able to crack multiple in a single run. Solo only, So no sharing a ridiculous loot pool. 
Scale the required Reactant by the number of Relics you've dumped in. 
1 Relic? 10 Reactant.
10 Relics? 100 Reactant. 

Then just make it so the full amount is required, anything less than the full required amount to open all Relics is a fail and you get nothing. 
Wouldn't really be able to do that on a 1 minute capture run, But it makes the endless ones a great place to crack a massive pile of relics in a single sitting. 

Could even make it unique to Void Storms so they retain value after getting all the drops like Sevagoth and Epitaph etc. 

My problem is it's so damn boring running fissures. I literally have several thousand lith relics because there is nothing fun about killing lvl 10-15 enemies. 

Actually, SP has ruined me and anything on normal starchart is just boring. I just want SP fissure, if we had the option to crack multiple relics per rotation in SP even better. 

As it is, I just stack relics I'll never use. I might farm some when new prime stuff is released but more often than not I wait for price to tank and buy parts to avoid running anything on normal start chart. 

I like the reroll relic Idea from OP. I think it would work well if it rolled like 3 relics into 1 relic of the next higher tier. Like take 3 lith and roll a meso, 3 meso and roll a neo etc...

Couple other thoughts

1. When you're low to middle tier, plain old relic farming your fodder in 'busy' void modes (capture mostly) will net you many parts you don't have from those running alongside you. Even as a high-MR tenno I needed Volt Prime late in the game and got another prime part in the last week that I still don't have. 
  2. Ducats! On their own, not very interesting, but Primed Mods are worth decent plat and Endo/Credits are fairly plentiful to sell at max rank, especially if you grind them passivelty getting stuff in RJ. Similarly Jolt is worth a decent amount. Of course the farming effort might not be worthwhile from a $/plat/time perspective depending on where you live but hey. 

Archived