What about a new "Tactical Mod" type for guns.

Redfeather75

A mod that gives any primary or secondary weapon 2 new mechanics. A gun 'stance' in a way but require sacrificing a regular mod slot to use. They could also use zenurik polarity to really break people's habits. I got a couple of examples. Only one tactics mod could be used per weapon.

Swift Tactics:

1. A completed backflip reloads your weapon.
  2. Firing while sliding increases projectile speed.

Bold Tactics:

1. Aiming for 3 seconds increases multishot
  2. Holding reload for 3 seconds delays the reload completion but loads extra ammo into magazine

Calculated Tactics:

1. Aiming while crouched reduces recoil and increases accuracy.
  2. Reloading while crouched significantly increases reload speed but swaps between weapon's loadouts.

4 minutes ago, Redfeather75 said:

Neither of those. I guess it's a gun stance type mod that adds a small suite of mechanics to any weapon but the mod type cannot be stacked with one another.

I'm just saying. The mods you posted look a lot like acolyte/amalgam mods from a mechanical perspective, to me.

6 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

I'm just saying. The mods you posted look a lot like acolyte/amalgam mods from a mechanical perspective, to me.

But what alternative did I have for making gun stances. I am not sure what your posts are trying to tell me to do.

Yeah we definitely need more mods with unique conditions or proprieties like this.
It's actually the most reliable and interesting way to bring build diversity.

il y a 30 minutes, Leqesai a dit :

Acolyte/Amalgam mods are just... mod that act on condition or have unique proprieties instead just being plain boring DPS increase. So yeah, any interesting mod concept looks like Acolyte/Amalgam mods, it's just weird we don't have more like these in the game already.

1 hour ago, lukinu_u said:

Yeah we definitely need more mods with unique conditions or proprieties like this.
It's actually the most reliable and interesting way to bring build diversity.

Acolyte/Amalgam mods are just... mod that act on condition or have unique proprieties instead just being plain boring DPS increase. So yeah, any interesting mod concept looks like Acolyte/Amalgam mods, it's just weird we don't have more like these in the game already.

I agree.

7 hours ago, Redfeather75 said:
  1. Firing while sliding increases projectile speed.

This should be in the game by default, just because that's how physics works normally...

Running forward while shooting Akarius shouldn't let you run into your own rockets. They should inherit the velocity of the person firing them. The only time this isn't the case is with relativistic speeds, but that really doesn't apply to most people...

Archived