With all these talks about QoL changes, can we fix companions?

Because I'd really like to use my kubrows and kavats but any reasonably difficult content and I spend more time reviving them than actually playing. Pharoah, Wub Wub, PrncsMnstrtrk, Stank-ass (kavat), and the late Jeepers (consigned) are wasting away consuming resources in the form of dna stabilizers and credits to sit in my ship and do f*** all.

Long ago, I was totally against the idea of making companions and sentinels invulnerable but with the evolution of the game it seems rather pointless to not have such a system available to players.

Even providing an option for any of them to maintain some degree of permanence makes more sense now than it did (imo) nowadays

To be fair Kubrows/Kavats/MOAs survive actually kind of okay if you chose a frame that supports that survival in some shape or form such as good cc, ally DR or good stats for link mods. Sentinels too by the way, although I think they have less super-safe options (Gara would be one for example).

I'm not against it nor do I want to argue if this much care (and forma) should or should not be required to keep a pet alive. I'm just saying that companions can survive quite okay if paired with a suited loadout. Depending on what you see as reasonably difficult, I guess. I talk from the perspective of barely - if at all - having my companions die in 60 minutes Selkie or Mot SP for example.

With newer enemies getting access to more AoE attacks companion invulnerability or automatic revive is becoming a reality. Companion system in general is being hold together by band-aids that can come off at anytime. Companion AI cannot dodge AoE strikes unless they are willing to crash potato PCs due to how resource heavy a smart AI that can dodge attacks instantly is. The only way to fix this is with either invulnerability or automatic revive. Pet permanent death is annoying because you lose access to QoL mods.

I made a thread about my “vision” for companions in general feedback. You can rant about pets here.

25 minutes ago, (XBOX)xJdKxZomBiE said:

are wasting away consuming resources in the form of dna stabilizers and credits to sit in my ship 

you do know the Nutrio Incubator Upgrade Segment makes dna degradation stop so you no longer need stabilizers?

48 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Kubrows still have Loyalty Decay while Kavats don't.

I expect absolutely nothing to come out of companions at this point because of such a ludicrous oversight.

DE confirms they are removing loyalty and DNA decay on their version of pets 2.0.

1 hour ago, Padre_Akais said:

Long ago, I was totally against the idea of making companions and sentinels invulnerable but with the evolution of the game it seems rather pointless to not have such a system available to players.

Even providing an option for any of them to maintain some degree of permanence makes more sense now than it did (imo) nowadays

Idea: Torpidity. Whenever a sentinel or companion 'dies', it gets knocked out for a certain amount of time before returning to battle. Certain Companion mods can reduce this recovery time.

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

Kubrows still have Loyalty Decay while Kavats don't.

I expect absolutely nothing to come out of companions at this point because of such a ludicrous oversight.

54 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

DE confirms they are removing loyalty and DNA decay on their version of pets 2.0.

Did I Time Travel or something ? 

I thought they did this Ages ago ? 😳

Or maybe it was a dream....

8 hours ago, Brinstar7777 said:

Idea: Torpidity. Whenever a sentinel or companion 'dies', it gets knocked out for a certain amount of time before returning to battle. Certain Companion mods can reduce this recovery time.

Yup ,this is pretty much what the vulpaphylas (devolution mod) do and they are my go to companions now.

Mods that reduce the downtime or add different effects when downed would help as well.

And although there are ways to make companions more survivable they are usually tied to a frame or ability to add DR of some kind.

And while I enjoy synergy , I dislike dependence.

2 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

DE did an AMA on Reddit recently. They mentioned this change on that.

According to my calculations that would put the timeframe we can expect to see it implemented around....2072.

Spoiler

I'm joking mostly...and kind of dying inside because the joke isn't entirely without a grain of truth.

Think it might be an idea if part of their stats scale with difficulty level...

Aside from that my smeeta hardly goes down with the Mischief and Tek Assault, especially if you combine it with Pack Leader. I myself stopped using Pack Leader because the Smeeta is very slippery already. Sure vs anything above level 150 it starts to have troubles. But honestly I don't have issues on Steel Path and I do not do endurance runs so. Meh.

Archived