Jump to content

Dog Days/Arenas should give conclave standing


SurprisedBottle

Recommended Posts

The rewards in conclave are amazing and what better way to gain them through PvE arenas. There hasnt been any hope for conclave in the past years and using the Arenas and the event as a way to earn some standing would help bring people back into arena with a nice incentive and items can be added to Teshin's conclave shop and/or the mission node itself w/o having to worry about unbalanced weapons. It brings people into arenas without having to be super sweaty using the meta discouraging newcomers and it helps revive and recycle a gamemode rarely anyone plays. It can have 3 difficulties with different reward pools or maybe some enemy multipliers like "No *Set weapon Class/Warframe* or *Only this Class* along with enemy buffs kinda like improved health/armor/shields or even debuffs on yourself to make the mode harder like reduced Ability Str/Eff/Dura/Range, decreased accuracy/increased recoil, energy drain, etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

First of all, i fail to see any reason -other than self entitlement- why any sort of Player versus Environment gameplay should reward Player versus Player score/points/standing/progression/whatever you want to call it.

I agree that conclave needs to be helped by the devs, but in a way that encourages people to actually engage with it, but even though you explicitly say that your idea "[...]helps revive (and recycle) a gamemode[...]" it does it in the opposite way since allowing people to completely bypass a mode removes players from it, making it a step in the opposite direction of the expected result. What conclave currently needs is a rebalance, easier ways to find matches (because RNG matchmaking doesn't make sense for pvp, even less when it has a small playerbase split across 48 discrete player pools with ping limits on top to make finding matches even harder than it should be); and finally being integrated with the game economy in a way that makes it a relevant choice to farm several things without becoming neither mandatory nor even more pointless than it already is..

With that out of the way I wouldn't be opposed to seeing the old actual PvP events (Hearts & Arrows, Snowday Showdown, and Quick Steel) being brought back, and even better, give us the good old Opticor Variant as well if players think that gear is too much of an issue, even though a quick rebalance of the currently available gear would be enough to get rid of bugged and unbalanced weapons, which should solve that part of the complaint.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Stormdragon said:

With that out of the way I wouldn't be opposed to seeing the old actual PvP events (Hearts & Arrows, Snowday Showdown, and Quick Steel) being brought back, and even better, give us the good old Opticor Variant as well if players think that gear is too much of an issue, even though a quick rebalance of the currently available gear would be enough to get rid of bugged and unbalanced weapons, which should solve that part of the complaint.

And give Dog Days a PvP component that, IMO, should have been added when the idea was first made.

I'd say one of the better things they could do is putting in a server browser with player-customizable matches to remove controversies from changes / reversions. People want Quick Steel? Let them make Quick Steel. No more Telos? Let people ban it. Mods, abilities, shield gating, even movement speeds and parkour if they wanted to be really crazy. Let the playerbase build what they fancy and have the devs focus on just throwing more levers and knobs into the mix (with the occasional, but less critical, balance adjustment).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-05-05 at 6:17 AM, Tyreaus said:

And give Dog Days a PvP component that, IMO, should have been added when the idea was first made.

I'd say one of the better things they could do is putting in a server browser with player-customizable matches to remove controversies from changes / reversions. People want Quick Steel? Let them make Quick Steel. No more Telos? Let people ban it. Mods, abilities, shield gating, even movement speeds and parkour if they wanted to be really crazy. Let the playerbase build what they fancy and have the devs focus on just throwing more levers and knobs into the mix (with the occasional, but less critical, balance adjustment).

That would be really great, yes.

 

But I'd already be happy with them bringing back the Opticor variant mode. Or one of the mini events -- as you mentioned -- Quick Steel, Snowday Showdown, and the Valentines Day mode, "Hearts & Arrows" or somesuch.

They don't even need to put exclusive rewards in those modes, either. Being able to play PvP without broken weapons again would be enticing all by itself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Kontrollo said:

They don't even need to put exclusive rewards in those modes, either.

I wouldn't want exclusive rewards. I'm not even a fan of Conclave in general having exclusive and non-tradeable rewards, at least with how standing is handed out at current. Besides some people feeling like they have to play (and being miserable and making others miserable especially when not doing well - I would know, I was one of them), I know it's one reason broken weapons see fairly common use. Have literally had some people say they're using those setups to get the rewards faster. It incentivizes being a cheap bas--

Ehem

But yeah, even variant modes would be a welcome stop-gap. Certainly could help players new to PvP get into it, what with not having to worry about grinding the better weapons in PvE modes or getting stuck with a Skana when first loading in. And it's just a nice change of pace no matter what.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-05-07 at 1:36 AM, Tyreaus said:

I wouldn't want exclusive rewards. I'm not even a fan of Conclave in general having exclusive and non-tradeable rewards, at least with how standing is handed out at current. Besides some people feeling like they have to play (and being miserable and making others miserable especially when not doing well - I would know, I was one of them), ...

I know. I just mentioned it because I think the devs have this idea that events absolutely need something unique. In my opinion, there can be smaller events without that requirement, too.

And they will get negative feedback either way. For one part of the playerbase it won't be rewarding enough, for another part it will be too much no matter what, just because they don't like this part of the game. Heard it all. Doesn't matter, though, those who do (and did) enjoy these events, they probably just up and played it instead. I've seen enough people over time who said they liked e.g. Snowday Showdown.

Of course, in a game that's now so heavily oriented towards carrots-on-a-stick and big time sinks, you can't just go and throw it out there without any incentives at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 2021-05-04 at 8:16 PM, SurprisedBottle said:

The rewards in conclave are amazing and what better way to gain them through PvE arenas. There hasnt been any hope for conclave in the past years and using the Arenas and the event as a way to earn some standing would help bring people back into arena with a nice incentive and items can be added to Teshin's conclave shop and/or the mission node itself w/o having to worry about unbalanced weapons. It brings people into arenas without having to be super sweaty using the meta discouraging newcomers and it helps revive and recycle a gamemode rarely anyone plays. It can have 3 difficulties with different reward pools or maybe some enemy multipliers like "No *Set weapon Class/Warframe* or *Only this Class* along with enemy buffs kinda like improved health/armor/shields or even debuffs on yourself to make the mode harder like reduced Ability Str/Eff/Dura/Range, decreased accuracy/increased recoil, energy drain, etc.

They are good rewards but they're conclave rewards for a reason. Getting rewards without even playing the game mode they're for makes 0 sense. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Yep all for it to have more ways to build rep. 

It has nothing to do with conclave leader boards or rankings just purely to build rep since conclave is dead. However DE don't seem to care about Conclave since it gives them zero money so sadly do not see anything changing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 2021-06-03 at 6:34 AM, Jackdarsan said:

since it gives them zero money

idk man Conclave is basically the only thing that keeps me playing Warframe since Dark Sectors died... + others just play Warframe for the pvp aswell, pve is extra for them but money still flows

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...