lich affected by gloom have massive damage reduction

AzothChalice

1 minute ago, Kaotyke said:

Did you even look at his Resistances and Immunities?

Because they can get Viral and Corrosive as those. 

Aye. This pretty much. The rare lich with both viral and corrosive immunity can be really painful to take down

Also what is your gear like?

Liches are not supposed to be smash'd to pieces with simple mod setups. Especially if you rank them up, they are supposed to acquire a bit of work and more of a veteran mod setup to take down.

Apart from the obvious about checking its weakness and resistance, what is your build? Liches are endgame bosses, or as close as it gets to it in WF. 

And I don't mean that to be insulting either, progression and success in WF is often more about what you have ranked up, not your actual SKILL at videogames. 

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

Liches can be immune to certain types of statuses and weak to others. Make sure to check the lich to see what weapons to use against it.

I suppose they could be.... But I've always had a a sneaky Suspicion that those Weaknesses are not as effective as they are suppose to be....

If you play Mesa you can just use Corrosive on all your Liches.... It makes no difference... They all die at roughly the same rate....

I just recently noticed that Gloom kind of has this effect on Liches and that they take very little damage while slowed by it. To the point I had to turn it off to get through their hp bar again. No idea if this possibly applies here with the Warcry slow or something too.

8 minutes ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

I just recently noticed that Gloom kind of has this effect on Liches and that they take very little damage while slowed by it. To the point I had to turn it off to get through their hp bar again. No idea if this possibly applies here with the Warcry slow or something too.

This is very interesting... Recently I had a very very long fight with a lich and it was while using Gloom.

19 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

This is very interesting... Recently I had a very very long fight with a lich and it was while using Gloom.

it might because i was using it as well. but it's not that big of a deal for me now. i found synapse pretty useful, just melt a lich through sheer brute force. 

6 minutes ago, AzothChalice said:

it might because i was using it as well.

Liches take reduced damage the more they're slowed. Ever since people made use of slows to deal with demolyst, DE has been adding this mechanic to new VIPs. The corpus Treasurer has the same mechanic.

This probably isn't the right math, but 95% slow means they probably get ~95% DR.

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

I'll second that. Treasurers, Optios, Polaris and Culvari MOAs also have DR tied to movement speed. The more you slow them, the higher the DR. The opposite is also true though. Speed them up to decrease the DR.

So bring a speedva and they'll hit harder, but it will make liches DR weaker? 

13 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

I'll second that. Treasurers, Optios, Polaris and Culvari MOAs also have DR tied to movement speed. The more you slow them, the higher the DR. The opposite is also true though. Speed them up to decrease the DR.

Oh, that is messed up.  You said "movement speed"  so not attack speed if it's not tied to a movement penalty?

I

28 minutes ago, KitMeHarder said:

Liches take reduced damage the more they're slowed. Ever since people made use of slows to deal with demolyst, DE has been adding this mechanic to new VIPs. The corpus Treasurer has the same mechanic.

This probably isn't the right math, but 95% slow means they probably get ~95% DR.

Well there you go. That makes a lot of sense.

13 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Not quite sure what you're saying, but I'm not aware of any enemy attack speed penalty that doesn't also affect enemy movement speed

I'm not quite sure what I'm saying either.  Just idle curiosity.  Irradiated maggots, maybe?  

Very idle curiosity.  Hopefully the last time I'll need to say "irradiated maggots" in my lifetime though.

1 hour ago, Leqesai said:

Aye. This pretty much. The rare lich with both viral and corrosive immunity can be really painful to take down

Knell, everything hates crit, + I have a nice riven on mine which makes it super lethal, I must try it without the riven one day.

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

I suppose they could be.... But I've always had a a sneaky Suspicion that those Weaknesses are not as effective as they are suppose to be....

If you play Mesa you can just use Corrosive on all your Liches.... It makes no difference... They all die at roughly the same rate....

I just use my Knell pistol, it doesn't care they all die easily from it.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

Interesting, I might go annoy my Lich with Sevagoth then shoot him in the head with my Knell. lol

57 minutes ago, KitMeHarder said:

'Treasurer has the same mechanic', Wow I did not know that, it makes sense he is always a mongrel to kill when slowed, hitting him in the head from front on seems to work better as well, he seems to have a crappy hitbox from behind.

I only slow him down because he's like a cat on a hot tin roof with his movements.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

i had that happen with a recent lich of mine too, was doing 64 damage per hit with max combo count, rivened reaper prime with lich already primed with nukor, had to turn gloom off to do any real damage

1 hour ago, KitMeHarder said:

What the hell, DE. This might be one of the most puzzling """design""" choices they ever made. Half tempted to report it as a bug anyway, out of principle.

3 hours ago, KitMeHarder said:

Never knew this. Not sure how I feel about it. I can see the intent behind it but it doesn't sit well. Sounds like it might be overtuned and might not be as bad if the DR was toned down some.

Archived