Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR5 weapons for sorties.

Zaxon_Strike

Question

Good evening.

I'm a new player, and I've been pushing through the parts of the star chart that allow me to open each junction. I completed both the Second Dream and The War Within missions, and I'm starting on sorties.

I didn't do too bad with the dex weapons I had, but a pellet rifle doesn't do well against the Corpus.

So, what weapons at MR5 ( or lower ) are viable for sorties? I wish to complete three for the nightwave challenge, if you needed a reason for my stupidity.

Thank you.

Not directly relevant to the OP's question, but highly relevant to sorties; Spy sorties require the team open all 3 vaults to succeed. If you don't know how to do one, don't try. Just say, "I don't know how to do this," and guard the entrance or something. I can barely do the Uranus spy map, and if I get a vault I don't know, I back off. (I've also done all 3 vaults on the fortress, while my teammates stood around, talking about how great Wisp is. I main her, but use Loki for Grineer vaults. They did thank me at the end, though.)

2 hours ago, Soy77 said:

I don't know who don norman is but i agree with the man! (or the woman with incredibly masculine name)

Donald Norman AKA "The Don"... Is some random dude who got so frustrated with his inability to use Taps and Doors properly that he wrote this Book:

410RTQezHYL._AC_SY780_.jpg

6 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Don Norman describes it like this: "When a customer walks into a Hardware Store and orders a Quarter Inch Drill.... He's not actually asking for a Quarter Inch Drill.... What he wants is actually a Quarter Inch Hole...." 

I don't know who don norman is but i agree with the man! (or the woman with incredibly masculine name)

Then... For this case, since OP already stated that "the reason for this stupidity" is because he just want to finish nw challenge, then i guess @Bregastor has gave an excellent suggestion: just get carried.

You know what, @Zaxon_Strike msg me in-game, if we happen to meet I'll help you out with your sorties. That way you don't have to kill yourself getting weapons to do them. You can finish the challenge fast and move on to actually progress in the game and get stronger naturally.

1 hour ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Please don't quote each sentence individually it makes your post incredibly painful to read.

NEVER !!! 😈.

Instead just combine your reply, others will appreciate it.

On the contrary.... I've actually been told it's easy for others to read and respond to someone if you don't lump a bunch of seperate points all together and then lump all your own responses to those points all together.... 

One quote for each Section..... It's just neater.... I'm not saying that's why I do it but it is better....

The problem is that firstly you're encouraging him to simply rush content which isn't a great idea.

Not encouraging him.... His desire to rush was clearly already there.... 

He didn't ask if it was a good idea to do Sorties at MR 5.... He asked if there were tools that would allow him to do it at MR 5....

This gave me the impression he already has his mind set on that task and is fully aware of all the baggage that comes with attempting to play the game that way.... I'm not his Mommy so I think it's better to just give the man what he asked for.... He's a big boy... He can handle it.... Maybe.... 🤔... Probably 😥.....

You still have to get the requiem mods for stabbing the lich as well remember, he doesn't have access to Kuva fortress yet.

He doesn't ? 

I thought in order to even see Sorties you would have to complete The War Within.... Which unlocks the Kuva Fortress.... 

I don't actually know because I've never attempted to rush in that way.... But in any case.... If the Kuva Fortress needs to be unlocked then so be it... Unlock it.... Still easier than doing Sorties....

As for the Requiem Mods.... He'l get them.... Through the Power Of "Team Work" 👍 !!!

Simply getting taxi'd everywhere is a really poor way to play the game and a very quick way to ruin any potential fun or interesting development before becoming a bored MR 20 something afking in Hydron and not learning a damn thing.

I totally agree.... Hence why I only suggested Kuva Weapons and nothing else.... Sure you need to get Taxied this time but once that's over then the power those Weapons grant you mean you don't need to get Taxied anywhere else.... it's the "Kill One to Save a Thousand" Logic.... 😁 !!!

As for locking into melee weapons only, at MR 5 he has access to the Atomos which is quite powerful for the level he's at and considerably easier and cheaper to mod well.

Indeed he does.... It's just not as Powerful as the Alternatives.... 

I mean I have an Atomos I built just for Funsies.... It will get the Job Done.... But it's not a Definite Solution.... Some players don't want something that's "Quite Powerful" they want "POWA ABSOLUTE" !!! 

It's why we chase after Arcane Energize even though there far cheaper Alternatives.... 

The simple fact remains the most painless method of beating Corpus sortie(his actual question) is to mod for toxin damage preferably on a melee because that will also deal with any annoying nullifiers he encounters.

What's life (or Games) without a Little Pain ? 😈

I mean... In the end it's up to OP.... If he can handle the pain then there are benefits to compensate for that suffering....

If not... Then Guandao/Atomos/Hek will always be there....

1 hour ago, Soy77 said:

I was a football boots nerd and at one point of my life i sell sport shoes for a living.

I always took the liberty of telling the kings (customers) "no, your highness, your pick S#&$e flame a** titt**s. If i may recommend this one instead I'm fairly confident it will suit you much better." because i absolutely do know better than these punks.

Although some did resist at first, i ended up being loved because of that habit. I guess it serves me so well i always carry that habit.

I guess I'm one of the lucky workers... Most workers out there don't get to say what they want.

Fair Point.... 

I guess the key here is to figure that when someone walks into a Store and Asks for something.... They have a much larger end goal in mind... And as the expert you can show them a better way of achieving it....

Don Norman describes it like this: "When a customer walks into a Hardware Store and orders a Quarter Inch Drill.... He's not actually asking for a Quarter Inch Drill.... What he wants is actually a Quarter Inch Hole...." 

41 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

OP Wants weapons so we give him weapons because the Customer is always right 😁 !!! 

I was a football boots nerd and at one point of my life i sell sport shoes for a living.

I always took the liberty of telling the kings (customers) "no, your highness, your pick S#&$e flame a** titt**s. If i may recommend this one instead I'm fairly confident it will suit you much better." because i absolutely do know better than these punks.

Although some did resist at first, i ended up being loved because of that habit. I guess it serves me so well i always carry that habit.

I guess I'm one of the lucky workers... Most workers out there don't get to say what they want.

38 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

The Lich will give them back.... So not really a loss....😛

True.... But that applies to all weapons.... And since the Kuva Weapons have the added benefit of being Kuva Weapons that just makes them a better alternative to anything you can get locked at MR 5.

And I already mentioned the Solution.... Co-Op.... 😛 If you can't beat the Lich... Have someone else do it for you then all you have to do is Stab it.

It only bad if you don't have a plan.... It's actually an amazing Idea if you have it all planned out because you won't get stuck anywhere....

True.... But Kuva Weapons have the added benefit of not Locking you exclusively into Melee weapons sooooo.... I know which one Id rather choose if wanted more options 😛...

Please don't quote each sentence individually it makes your post incredibly painful to read. Instead just combine your reply, others will appreciate it. The problem is that firstly you're encouraging him to simply rush content which isn't a great idea. You still have to get the requiem mods for stabbing the lich as well remember, he doesn't have access to Kuva fortress yet. Simply getting taxi'd everywhere is a really poor way to play the game and a very quick way to ruin any potential fun or interesting development before becoming a bored MR 20 something afking in Hydron and not learning a damn thing. As for locking into melee weapons only, at MR 5 he has access to the Atomos which is quite powerful for the level he's at and considerably easier and cheaper to mod well. The simple fact remains the most painless method of beating Corpus sortie(his actual question) is to mod for toxin damage preferably on a melee because that will also deal with any annoying nullifiers he encounters.

Mate seriously? In the meantime a brand new player will lose resources, credits etc that they actually need.

The Lich will give them back.... So not really a loss....😛

He also doesn't have the mods to make Kuva weapons actually be great, 

True.... But that applies to all weapons.... And since the Kuva Weapons have the added benefit of being Kuva Weapons that just makes them a better alternative to anything you can get locked at MR 5.

he'll have to farm the relics etc and in the meantime get his ass handed to him by a lvl 5 lich and then we'll see the inevitable thread "Help I created a lich, how do I beat him?".

And I already mentioned the Solution.... Co-Op.... 😛 If you can't beat the Lich... Have someone else do it for you then all you have to do is Stab it.

It's just a bad idea all round.

It only bad if you don't have a plan.... It's actually an amazing Idea if you have it all planned out because you won't get stuck anywhere....

Right now he can get a Guandao fairly easily and you know how much stronger melee is even with minimal investment in mods and the Stance on the weapon means he gets more free capacity without using forma or catalysts that he probably doesn't have yet.

True.... But Kuva Weapons have the added benefit of not Locking you exclusively into Melee weapons sooooo.... I know which one Id rather choose if wanted more options 😛...

52 minutes ago, Bregastor said:

Best weapon for me at that level is "playing global".

Over here we call that "Team work" 😁 !!!

53 minutes ago, Bregastor said:

When we started as a group of 4 friends and we reached sorties, we were quite unprepared for those so we used to split up and get into groups when we faced challenges that were to hard for us, 

For the people who are fortunate enough to have friends like this... This is an aspect of Warframe I really disapprove of.... 😞 !!!

34 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

You know what... you guys got me thinking, wouldn't good mods be more beneficial for him than some weapons?

Indeed they would.... That pretty much goes without saying....

35 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

S#&$ weapons with some maxed primed mods, a potato & couple of formas, will always do better than god tier weapons with trash mods & rubbish builds. And at mr5 i seriously doubt that our main man here have the mods nor the knowledge yet to elevate them weapons. 

The problem is.... Those mods and Endo are locked behind Content that requires decent gear in the first place.... So it's kinda messed up either way.... 

Progression in Warframe is backwards by default.

37 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

I think... Maybe... This is the time for you guys to give some crash course about modding instead of recommending more weapons...

OP Wants weapons so we give him weapons because the Customer is always right 😁 !!! 

26 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

You know what... you guys got me thinking, wouldn't good mods be more beneficial for him than some weapons?

I mean, think about it... When i was mr5, let alone only having 1 frame & 8 weapons, i knew absolutely jackS#&$ about modding. But none of us even stopped and ask about how he mod his dex dakra / sybaris.

S#&$ weapons with some maxed primed mods, a potato & couple of formas, will always do better than god tier weapons with trash mods & rubbish builds. And at mr5 i seriously doubt that our main man here have the mods nor the knowledge yet to elevate them weapons. 

I think... Maybe... This is the time for you guys to give some crash course about modding instead of recommending more weapons...

That and you can also bring your tombfinger or atomos to a lvl 100 grineer mission with elemental resistances. Have fun. When I was MR 5 I could not do Sorties unless I had help. It was just a bad idea. At that point most people know nothing about the game and are used to oneshotting lvl 10 enemies with a Skana while your main focus is to keep your shield up because health damage, while rare, is annoying because healing is just not a thing at that point.

I mean, think about it... When i was mr5, let alone only having 1 frame & 8 weapons, i knew absolutely jackS#&$ about modding. But none of us even stopped and ask about how he mod his dex dakra / sybaris.

Best weapon for me at that level is "playing global". 

At MR5 you prolly lack a lot of of mods and flexibility to weapons and frame, if you want to be an helpful part of the team, it's good but don't spend plat over that, you will slowly get there. 

When we started as a group of 4 friends and we reached sorties, we were quite unprepared for those so we used to split up and get into groups when we faced challenges that were to hard for us, but we always did try to solo things ourself so that we could become as indipendent as possible. 

Sorties are nothing special, they simply require a bit of flexibility in warframe/weapon and mods. 

Don't be afraid go get carried a bit, is not like sorties require 4 people to be super geared to do, and in the mean time, farm more frame/mods/weapons and you will see it will become easier as your arsenal expand. 

8 hours ago, Zaxon_Strike said:

Good evening.

I'm a new player, and I've been pushing through the parts of the star chart that allow me to open each junction. I completed both the Second Dream and The War Within missions, and I'm starting on sorties.

I didn't do too bad with the dex weapons I had, but a pellet rifle doesn't do well against the Corpus.

So, what weapons at MR5 ( or lower ) are viable for sorties? I wish to complete three for the nightwave challenge, if you needed a reason for my stupidity.

Thank you.

You can get Rhino super early and he’s a Godsend. He can do a lot with very little requirements to build him well.

Further more on my alt account I built Vectis as soon as I could. I believe that was MR2, that account is now MR11 and I’ve forma’d it a few times and it’s still serving me very well. It might be a little endo intensive to make it reliable in sorties though.

Failing that though, there is also the Hek shotgun. Mixed with Hell’s chamber and the multishot mod from steel meridian, it can punch well and truly about its weight class.

Your best bet though, is likely going to be the broken war sword. As it is a truly exceptional sword, particularly for how early you get it. The survivability and damage boost from Rhino should give you everything you need with a maxed broken war :)

—Also, you can message me on here or add me in game, I would be happy to take you through sorties :)

Some sorties are significantly harder than others.

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

Since you can do Liches in Co-Op it's not really an Issue.... Plus once you get that first Lich OP Weapon.... The rest will go alot smoover...

Mate seriously? In the meantime a brand new player will lose resources, credits etc that they actually need. He also doesn't have the mods to make Kuva weapons actually be great, he'll have to farm the relics etc and in the meantime get his ass handed to him by a lvl 5 lich and then we'll see the inevitable thread "Help I created a lich, how do I beat him?". It's just a bad idea all round. Right now he can get a Guandao fairly easily and you know how much stronger melee is even with minimal investment in mods and the Stance on the weapon means he gets more free capacity without using forma or catalysts that he probably doesn't have yet.

7 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Liches require parazon mods that take forever to farm. Meanwhile this Lich takes over everything on the planet taking his stuff. And he will need full time outside assistance to deal with it. It's just poor advice I'm sorry.

Well I never said it was practical... But it is Technically an Option 😁 !!!

1 minute ago, Lutesque said:

Since you can do Liches in Co-Op it's not really an Issue.... Plus once you get that first Lich OP Weapon.... The rest will go alot smoover... 😎

Liches require parazon mods that take forever to farm. Meanwhile this Lich takes over everything on the planet taking his stuff. And he will need full time outside assistance to deal with it. It's just poor advice I'm sorry.

Like many others have said. Do NOT create a lich if you cannot personally deal with it. Don't depend on pubs for your gameplay experience.

6 hours ago, Zaxon_Strike said:

You mean the Dex Sybaris ? Yeah is serious lacking in Status Chance so its effectiveness against the Corpus will be over shadowed by its Cousin... The Sybaris Prime....

6 hours ago, Zaxon_Strike said:

Since I know... VERY VERY LITTLE about Weapons.... Im going to say Kuva Weapons since those weapons can have their MR Locks bypassed by killing Liches....

6 hours ago, -Francesco.pe said:

Hi, already saw your profile and you only have 1 Warframe and 8 weapons. IMO, for your rank, you are rushing too fast.

Oh Pish-Posh.... Infact I'd say he/she's is probably not Rushing Fast Enough.... 😈.

In all seriousness though.... Anyone who wants to do Sorties at MR 5 clearly has some kind of Goal they want to achieve so I figure whatever it is it's worth worth Risking getting burnt out... 

But that's just my opinion.

6 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Try to be realistic, he's new to the game, MR 5 and you're encouraging him to create liches to hunt. Get a Guandao and mod it for toxin OP, DON'T create a lich.

Since you can do Liches in Co-Op it's not really an Issue.... Plus once you get that first Lich OP Weapon.... The rest will go alot smoover... 😎

5 hours ago, Zaxon_Strike said:

Good evening.

Thank you.

I started playing sorties when i was mr15 🤣

Also, DO NOT CREATE LICHES. At least not yet. You're pretty lucky this far because in sorties people will grudgingly carry lower level and more inexperienced players. But when you hit that inevitable wall in liches hunt, nobody will help you. Somebody i blocked might've seem to suggest that, apparently i have used my ignore button wisely.

Anyway, this is probably something that you don't want to hear, but i recommend doing something else for now. Make new warframes, give your operator a new amp, make more weapons, collect some floofs. If it's any consolation, nightwave will stick around for many many months, and that sortie challenge will always come back (recovered) once you finish your current challenges.

Best of luck, tenno!

MR5 is a bit early to take on sorties in my opinion. I second the opinion on creating a Lich. Do NOT do this.

MR5 has one really powerful weapon, the Atomos. It's a bit ammo hungry though.

The others would be kitguns as they have no MR requirement, but they require a whole lot of resourced and many of them are very weak for an extended period of time until you gild and forma them. In order to build a decent one you need to have a decent rank (Rank 4 for the best parts) with Fortuna. So that's very unlikely. You could build a weaker version of course to start with and replace it later.

I would do other stuff first and get stronger as you go. Give Sorties a swing when you're at MR10 or so.

I agree that you could be rushing too fast. Try getting a warframe that can help you survive the runs, e.g., Rhino (iron skin) or Loki (invisibility).

Then just run the sorties with public. You'll often be carried through the run anyway because the other players also want to complete the sortie as fast as they can.

Just now, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Try to be realistic, he's new to the game, MR 5 and you're encouraging him to create liches to hunt.

Yeah that's a good point. Let me try again.

TC, at Mastery Rank 5 these are some sortie viable weapons:

Primary: Ignis, Tonkor, Hek, Kohm

Secondary: Kulstar, Aklex, Sonicor, Tombfinger Kitgun

Melee: Broken War, Jat Kittag, Atterax, Tipedo

But more important than the weapons themselves you will want to focus on modding and adding forma to your gear. Most weapons can be used in Sorties provided you have invested into upgrading them.

Prioritize mods that boost damage, multishot, critical chance and status chance.

Viral is extremely powerful so if you use weapons with decent status chance you can get big damage boosts.

If you intend on doing Sorties it may also be useful to post in Recruit Chat that you're looking for help. One high level player is really all that is needed to help you through any/all sortie missions. (Feel free to add me ingame and I can carry you through them if you catch me online).

As another person noted, you currently appear to have one warframe accessible. It may benefit you to get a few more to fill various mission roles, as needed.

Nova is a good choice as are Rhino, Trinity, Ivara, Limbo and Loki.

34 minutes ago, Zaxon_Strike said:

Good evening.

Hi, already saw your profile and you only have 1 Warframe and 8 weapons. IMO, for your rank, you are rushing too fast.

If you want to run Sorties, solo or in a squad, i recommend farm another Warframes, something like Rhino, Nova, Loki can be very useful.

Weapons like Hek, Dread, Guandao, can be a good choise too.

For more options, check the wiki here.

2 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Melee: Xoris, Broken War, Paracesis

Primary: Kuva Bramma

Secondary: Kuva Nukor

There are some great alternatives but those are the top tier options IMO.

Try to be realistic, he's new to the game, MR 5 and you're encouraging him to create liches to hunt. Get a Guandao and mod it for toxin OP, DON'T create a lich.

Archived