Controller and mouse combo

ZiLTemma

Question

Hi Tennos, about to have left shoulder surgery.  I'm wondering if I can use a controller in left hand in sling for directional, and mouse to aim shoot etc.  i can do hotkeys and macros on mouse for powers.  Do they work together in the manner?  Any recommendations on controller?

6 answers to this question

I have no recommendations for a controller but you might want to look into Steam Input Configuration Software:

Specifically you can set up Modifiers and Action Layers to increase the functionality of your Controller by doubling what each button can do.

Ok, just preparing for my lunch break and started up the game. You can use both controller in left hand and mouse in the right hand. The only issues I see is jumping, bullet jumping, and such.  Dodging can be done with left indexfinger (left shoulder button on controller). Aiming also left index finger with left trigger button on controller.

You'll need a whole bunch of binds on the mouse, because just using the controller for moving isn't much if you just hold it in your left hand. You only have access to the left shoulder button and trigger button and the left analog stick.

For controller I'd pick something that's light. I think the PS4 controller would be best in that regard.

3 hours ago, ZiLDrome said:

Hi Tennos, about to have left shoulder surgery.  I'm wondering if I can use a controller in left hand in sling for directional, and mouse to aim shoot etc

I don’t think so if you have access to both but i would go full on mouse and keyboard because of the fact that it has more key potential, so I highly recommend using your shoulder that isn’t going into surgery to get the less stressful part of it, aswell as you can also change binds to make it all on one side of the keyboard, hope this helps you tho

5 hours ago, ZiLDrome said:

Hi Tennos, about to have left shoulder surgery.  I'm wondering if I can use a controller in left hand in sling for directional, and mouse to aim shoot etc.  i can do hotkeys and macros on mouse for powers.  Do they work together in the manner?  Any recommendations on controller?

I don't think so, mate... If you press any keyboard button, the layout will immediately change to keyboard controls. If you press any button on controller, the layout will immediately change to controller controls. I haven't tried it, but i don't think pressing buttons on both simultaneously will work.

Why not just use controller? There will be learning curves, but people from 3 whole other platforms managed to play warframe using controllers. and it demands far less finger acrobatics from your body.

For comfort i personally like playstation's ds4, but I recommend the xbox one s controller just because it's the easiest to install. It will work wirelessly out of the box with win10, or wired with any pc afaik. If you want to go full handicap mode there's that xbox adaptive controller.

Good luck with your surgery, mate.

Archived