Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

we should swap the status proc effect of void , magnetic and radiation.

Ice-Ragex

Let me explain :
void : creates a magnetic field that attracts bullet
Radiation: make the enemy "crazy" making it hostile toward it's allies.
Magnetic: increase damage to shield.

wouldn't it make more sense if , a bullet attractor was the Magnetic status effect ?
wouldn't it also make a lot more sense if VOID made enemies attack their allies ?

As to what radiation would do... i dunno, i guess you can make it strong vs shields

53 minutes ago, Ice-Ragex said:

wouldn't it make more sense if , a bullet attractor was the Magnetic status effect ?

No because Shields are a sort of eletrical/magnetic field, the Magnetic procs work by distorting/disrupting it.

54 minutes ago, Ice-Ragex said:

wouldn't it also make a lot more sense if VOID made enemies attack their allies ?

Wile i dont like the effect of Void damage in the game, i prefer it stayed as is unless something better and unique was made for it.

56 minutes ago, Ice-Ragex said:

As to what radiation would do... i dunno, i guess you can make it strong vs shields

Nope, because as i mentioned on the Magnetic proc, Shields are a sort of Electrical/Magnetic field and just as Earth's magnetic field protects us from the Sun's radiation, the In-game's shields do the same, thats why Radiation deals -25% damage to Shields.

I think they should change how Magnetic works, along side dealing increase damage to Shields, the proc should cause a DoT effect dealing increased damage to the shields wile the proc lasts, once the enemy's shield depletes, if the Magnetic proc is still active it would deal the same amount of damage the DoT did to it as damage directly to the enemy's health like a discharge;

1 hour ago, Ice-Ragex said:

I happen to really like the Current Radiation Status.... So much so I made all my Liches from Radiation Warframe's (Octavia, Loki).

I never really understood most of the status procs and damage types. A lot of them make no sense. Magnetic is I guess more related to EMI or EMP tht disables things. But ehm, simply magnetic isn't the term I would use in this case. Because you know, magnetic and electro magnetic isn't the same thing.

Corrosive is something that eats armor, but nothing else. I dunno. Try a highly corrosive substance and put it on your skin. Or on anything else that's made out of biological material.

Puncture pierces armor, but not flesh?

How is slash bleeding effect applying on shields or armor?

Radiation is something that mutates, sooo radiation damage? What's that? I mean can anyone tell me which actual weapon in existence has anything remotely to radiation "damage"? Other than you know the radiation itself (not the explosion) which is something that can kill, but affects flesh only. Do corpus shields and environmental suits allow radiation to poor in?

Viral damage... yes. wtf is that.

Impact damage is also very odd. Impact is the direction of force and apply it to a surface. This is definitely not implemented very well. It should be way more effective than it is now.

Blast damage is very weak. But I would like people to headbutt a grenade or missile and see how they do. Like impact. Force should have more effect rather than just knocking someone over for 1 damage. Because then it is just annoying. Headbutting a missile is not annoying.

On 2021-05-05 at 9:35 AM, RazerXPrime said:

I never really understood most of the status procs and damage types. A lot of them make no sense. Magnetic is I guess more related to EMI or EMP tht disables things. But ehm, simply magnetic isn't the term I would use in this case. Because you know, magnetic and electro magnetic isn't the same thing.

Corrosive is something that eats armor, but nothing else. I dunno. Try a highly corrosive substance and put it on your skin. Or on anything else that's made out of biological material.

Puncture pierces armor, but not flesh?

How is slash bleeding effect applying on shields or armor?

Radiation is something that mutates, sooo radiation damage? What's that? I mean can anyone tell me which actual weapon in existence has anything remotely to radiation "damage"? Other than you know the radiation itself (not the explosion) which is something that can kill, but affects flesh only. Do corpus shields and environmental suits allow radiation to poor in?

Viral damage... yes. wtf is that.

Impact damage is also very odd. Impact is the direction of force and apply it to a surface. This is definitely not implemented very well. It should be way more effective than it is now.

Blast damage is very weak. But I would like people to headbutt a grenade or missile and see how they do. Like impact. Force should have more effect rather than just knocking someone over for 1 damage. Because then it is just annoying. Headbutting a missile is not annoying.

Corrosive should affect all things tbh. A natural degradation of armor over time or weakening of flesh over time.

Radiation should confuse enemies but I would say instead of them outright fighting each other, it should seriously slow them down (worse than cold) and drastically reduce their accuracy and or attack speed.

Magnetic should completely disrupt electrical components. Weapons used by enemies should receive a very small chance to be temporarily disabled, while also attracting bullets to them in a small AoE.  Right now outside of shielded enemies, this status has absolutely no use.

Gas does pretty well, but I feel like it could honestly do a LOT better.  Not only to damage enemies caught within a cloud, but act as a deterrent so all but the mightiest enemy units will attempt to avoid traversing the cloud, or waiting for it to dissipate.  Area denial utility as well as DoT.

Viral is a weird one.  I don't get how it reduces enemy health by such a huge factor.  What I feel Viral should be is a pretty hefty damage but short lived DoT that has to expire before the effect can be reapplied.  Viral should be like a viral infection.  It should be next to useless on Infested (because they are already mutated and infested) but where this could shine is against all other enemy units.  Hear me out.

Viral could mutate enemies into infested units that then attack all those around them. The mutation never wears off but the DoT does.  Hit a Grineer unit and trigger Viral? Replace a limb or two with an infested one and cause them to act wildly, attacking those around them, themselves, fleeing, becoming docile even (still killable).  Same with Corpus.  Hit an enemy with enough Viral and mutate them forever. The reason to choose Viral for this effect over Radiation is the Infestation is a highly aggressive super virus that rapidly infects and converts lifeforms right? Radiation can mutate but not in support of a Hive Mind organism. Chernobyl didn't create a army of hive minded rad wolves.

Now.  Impact, Puncture, and Slash seriously need recalibrated or simply done away with for PHYSICAL damage. Right now Impact is only good for shields, puncture is only good for armor, and Slash is god (and I don't just mean the Guitarist).

All 3 need to be somewhat universal in their damages.  Slash somehow bleeds everything through shields and armor. Impact slightly stuns and knocks over enemies. Puncture is supposed to reduce armor and or damage output.  Any Ballistic weapon used will do all 3 but prioritize one over the others. Energy weapons are not ballistic but somehow still cause slash or such, even though the idea of a energy weapon causing bleed is weird, because a beam of light or energy should cauterize a wound after inflicting it.

The game really needs a Damage type overhaul.  Anybody play Borderlands 1? Remember how you could use a corrosive weapon and murder anything as easily as a fire weapon or shock one? Now its situational, fire for health, shock for shields, acid for armor etc etc. I don't want that here, but we need something.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

Don't try this at home, kids... Don't try this at all, actually.

My point exactly

4 hours ago, (XBOX)xJdKxZomBiE said:

Viral is a weird one.  I don't get how it reduces enemy health by such a huge factor.  What I feel Viral should be is a pretty hefty damage but short lived DoT that has to expire before the effect can be reapplied.  Viral should be like a viral infection.  It should be next to useless on Infested (because they are already mutated and infested) but where this could shine is against all other enemy units.  Hear me out.

Viral doesn't reduce enemy health anymore. It's been changed to give a damage bonus to health according to the effect. Although I think the damage bonus applies to everything including armor and shields.

10 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

My point exactly

Viral doesn't reduce enemy health anymore. It's been changed to give a damage bonus to health according to the effect. Although I think the damage bonus applies to everything including armor and shields.

Partially true. Yes, viral does make health take bonus damage, but this does not apply to shields because, well they arent health. Armor is still affected by viral since armor isnt a new health type but instead a DR modifier for health

9 minutes ago, (PSN)CommanderC2121 said:

Partially true. Yes, viral does make health take bonus damage, but this does not apply to shields because, well they arent health. Armor is still affected by viral since armor isnt a new health type but instead a DR modifier for health

I guess shields are particularly weak then for me not to notice XD

Corpus deserve better shields.

57 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

I guess shields are particularly weak then for me not to notice XD

Corpus deserve better shields.

Corpus and Grineer robotics/machinery deserve to be immune to Toxin and Gas (... because they're robotics/machinery and aren't affected by poisonous substances!!). But this would mostly benefit the Corpus and give purpose to Magnetic... forcing players to confront shields would already be a major improvement to Corpus shields. As players, we would probably carry two weapons for Corpus... a Toxin weapon to bypass shields of organic enemies and a Magnetic weapon to kill the robots faster.

2 minutes ago, nslay said:

Corpus and Grineer robotics/machinery deserve to be immune to Toxin and Gas (... because they're robotics/machinery and aren't affected by poisonous substances!!). But this would mostly benefit the Corpus and give purpose to Magnetic... forcing players to confront shields would already be a major improvement to Corpus shields. As players, we would probably carry two weapons for Corpus... a Toxin weapon to bypass shields of organic enemies and a Magnetic weapon to kill the robots faster.

You see, that's actually one of hte issues. Magnetic damage isn't used even though it's strong vs shields. It's not used because Toxin bypasses the need for Magnetic completely. It shouldn't bypass shields at all. Not even for organics.

Magnetic should get bonus damage to machinery and robotics and remove shield bypass for toxin. Then strengthen shields vs all physical damage types and make them immune to all status effects except magnetic, electric and gas.

6 hours ago, (XBOX)xJdKxZomBiE said:

The game really needs a Damage type overhaul.  Anybody play Borderlands 1? Remember how you could use a corrosive weapon and murder anything as easily as a fire weapon or shock one?

Interesting... How did that work ? 😲

On 2021-05-05 at 6:46 AM, Ice-Ragex said:

Let me explain :
void : creates a magnetic field that attracts bullet
Radiation: make the enemy "crazy" making it hostile toward it's allies.
Magnetic: increase damage to shield.

Sounds good to me

a lot of my Kitguns have innate Radiation, so I end up with Viral, Heat, Radiation.

Which is currently great against Grineer

having the Radiation aspect deal with Corpus Shields would be nice, now I can quit having to swap mod configs when the 'bonus shields' modifier is active.

since you can justify any Damage Type being good or bad at just about anything, you could

but the question to ask is does it make all 3 things you're talking about here, demonstrably better? for Magnetic that seems like a yes, for Radiation sortof, and Void yes. however, Void is so rare to have on anything, that having a strongly desirable Status Effect taken away from something else seems like setting up the more common Damage Types to be weaker and less useful than they currently are.

i will have to say that all of my numerous Weapons that i have picked in part because of having innate Radiation meaning innate confusion/friendly fire - well, i wouldn't be that happy if numerous of my Weapons suddenly lost that when that was one of the reasons i liked them to begin with.

36 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

You see, that's actually one of hte issues. Magnetic damage isn't used even though it's strong vs shields. It's not used because Toxin bypasses the need for Magnetic completely. It shouldn't bypass shields at all. Not even for organics.

Magnetic should get bonus damage to machinery and robotics and remove shield bypass for toxin. Then strengthen shields vs all physical damage types and make them immune to all status effects except magnetic, electric and gas.

If robotics/machinery get immunity to Toxin (them being machines and not affected by poisonous substances)... then Toxin alone won't be enough to take on the Corpus forcing you to confront their shields (mainly on their numerous robots).

EDIT: By immunity, I mean absolutely no damage or procs or anything all (because you can't poison robots!).

Le 05/05/2021 à 18:35, RazerXPrime a dit :

technically, EMP are Radiation , so in that sense it would make sens

Le 05/05/2021 à 16:48, BiancaRoughfin a dit :

No because Shields are a sort of eletrical/magnetic field, the Magnetic procs work by distorting/disrupting it.

Wile i dont like the effect of Void damage in the game, i prefer it stayed as is unless something better and unique was made for it.

Nope, because as i mentioned on the Magnetic proc, Shields are a sort of Electrical/Magnetic field and just as Earth's magnetic field protects us from the Sun's radiation, the In-game's shields do the same, thats why Radiation deals -25% damage to Shields.

I think they should change how Magnetic works, along side dealing increase damage to Shields, the proc should cause a DoT effect dealing increased damage to the shields wile the proc lasts, once the enemy's shield depletes, if the Magnetic proc is still active it would deal the same amount of damage the DoT did to it as damage directly to the enemy's health like a discharge;

Technically, magnetic fields effect are carried by photons which are also radiation.
they just interact with one another.

If anything , radiation and magnetic are both about the same effect, just as it was mentionned that emp are made to disturb stuff,
the ONLY thing that is specific to "magnetic" effect are the Foucault's currents Which is the effect used to created permanent magnet (you know, that attract stuff)

We could go even further science and start making some sort of pointless contest for a video game,
in the end, it's mostly about coherence for new players about effects on top of that it would actually make magnetic nice to build.

It's easier to explain to a new player that magnetic statut create a field that attract bullet to the magnetized target
, that radiation perturbates shield and that, just like in the actual lore : VOID MAKES PEOPLE CRAZY

Archived