Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need help with grineer caches on Uranus

(PSN)rocka960

Question

8 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, (PSN)rocka960 said:

so any tips would be appreciated

Choose a high Range Limbo with about 140 strength and equip all Loot mods you can. Spam your 4 in every nook and cranny and collect the loot. Every loot symbol which remains on the map is an ayatan or a cache

Any Caches, be it Orokin or Grineer or Corpus, have a distinct presence sound which can be heard... if you're not playing the game at really low sound volume or muted or, worst case scenario, impaired. This sound indicates that a cache is nearby.

Slowing down also helps to see them as they look pretty much like any locker, at the exception of their characteristic white glow. Considering that its the Sealab tileset, they can also appear underwater.

If any cache appears along the "Dropzone -> Objective -> Extract" path, its purely coincidental. They have really low chance of appearing along that path so exploration is necessary.

You can also take the Limbo approach if you want to, but being more observant usually raises your chances of finding all caches from 2% to 99%, give or take a few %% values...

They look like other loot on your radar. You want Animal Instinct (preferably primed, if you have it) on your pet/sentinel, and probably Loot Detector on your frame. If you take Khora, you can stack Animal Instinct twice, with the second on Venari. Open everything. If you see a white square, it could be a cache. I usually use Carrier on missions where I'm looking for caches for it's ability to open crates. (And then I see how poorly it does that task.)

20 hours ago, (PSN)Sswoop- said:

Just equip all loot mods you have and run around to all the little white squares on your map. As long as you explore the whole map, you'll find them.

This.

This doesn't require you to build any new frames. And loot mods are pretty common, all you need to do is upgrade and equip them.

I found switching the map from top left to center of screen helps. From there just clear out every little white squares on the map. One of them will be the caches.

While that does work, you're far better off using either max range Limbo or Xaku and spamming 4th ability to break every container in the area. Then when the loot gets hoovered up by Vacuum, whatever's left is either a cache or a sculpture. This is also handy for clearing adjacent rooms cos if all the loot icons disappear you don't even have to go in there. Just be mindful that the loot radar mods have a "vertical limit" that they can detect so jumping upwards is advised in tall rooms.

Archived