Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Warframe?

Cheemser

Question

22 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Answer me one thing though cos this like... does my head in. 

When in Cloud Walker(ie a thin cloud of mist)...

WHY DO WE HAVE TO DUCK UNDER OBSTACLES??????????? 😆

Also how come as a cloud, he can't I dunno; pass through stuff like those grates in some Grineer ship missions. You have two levels with lockers covered by a grate. Can't just Dracula-esque smoke through it... makes no sense

22 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

xD I think that Hydroid has similar issues. He goes all T-1000 but then goes super slow and burns out his Energy.. still can't glide under stuff because; reasons :p

All warframes are viable in their own way. Yes, some may be OP in certain areas. For example, Nidus and Revenant are two of the best for long endurance runs, while Ivara, Limbo, and Loki are great for spy missions.

I have multiple loadouts and switch frequently.

if you are looking for a single Warframe that will excel in everything, I would suggest Octavia. Her mallet and resonator provide CC by agreeing enemies, while also providing scaling damage. Her metronome provides invisibility, speed, and improves weapons for you and your team. Her invisibility helps with soy and rescue missions, as well as provides more survivability. 
but like I said, I like to rotate frames.

2 hours ago, MaddawgTL said:

Yeah Wukong is not the best for everything, I know that but for me his most used ability is his cloudwalker which has good movement and a very strong heal. So if I do not know what I want I pick him.

You prove my point, every warframe can be used in any mission, may not be the best but they can do them. I use Protea for disruption cause her turrets shred them. 

Yeah Wukong is not the best for everything, I know that but for me his most used ability is his cloudwalker which has good movement and a very strong heal. So if I do not know what I want I pick him.

You prove my point, every warframe can be used in any mission, may not be the best but they can do them. I use Protea for disruption cause her turrets shred them. 

36 minutes ago, MaddawgTL said:

There is no best warframe, each has its own strengthens and weaknesses. Wukong is a good general purpose frame, can do a llitle of everything. Protea is another great frame that can do almost everything but she is very good in offensive defense/mobile defense missions or anything cause her turrets just rek things. Last Ivara, the queen of stealth. Spy and survival missions or any mission where you just want to take you time is her bailiwick. 

Those are my top three played frames.

Wukong I still feel is overrated myself. I did the Star Chart as Khora, she can make a lot of missions easier. Take Desertion. Pop Strangledome on the med center and it can protect the squad before you move out. Disruption many ignore her for but Ensnare can and will- grab that Demo unit as you Whipclaw it into oblivion. Wukong has a clone yes but no method of slowing the Demo units. As said many places, part of the fun is in finding your fave and mastering it. Try Nyx in Interception, it's hilarious and Slowva also makes them easy. Zephyr and Ember are much better since both girls had reworks and much more fun now. Not trying to say you're wrong, just giving additional viewpoints. Ivara Infiltrator with high Ability Strength makes a mockery of Spy missions and Lich hunting you couldn't be more right :P

There is no best warframe, each has its own strengthens and weaknesses. Wukong is a good general purpose frame, can do a llitle of everything. Protea is another great frame that can do almost everything but she is very good in offensive defense/mobile defense missions or anything cause her turrets just rek things. Last Ivara, the queen of stealth. Spy and survival missions or any mission where you just want to take you time is her bailiwick. 

Those are my top three played frames.

People here are just trying to act like there's no single frame that can cheese everything so DE doesn't nerf him. But I'm sick of keeping it a secrect. I'm done with acting like this frame doesn't destroy the fun for everybody by being absurdly op in every way imaginable. Hydroid needs a nerf!

evil smile GIF

(Nice try, Scott.)

10 hours ago, Cheemser said:

I want a warframe that would just cheese missions

Objective perspective: You would want to know which mission you are running, then you can pick a warframe that could potentially "cheese" it.

Subjective perspective: You would want to know which warframe you are most comfortable with, that you know how to use each of the four abilities well, then you can pick a mission that you can easily take advantage of.

Depends really, personally I consider Mag, very Manchego like. firm and buttery, and gets better with time, but then you have your classics like Ash or Excalibur, who are very cheddar like, they may seem basic to some, but its all about how you serve it, when and where. Plus they are sharp and hard. You also have your Camembert Saryn's, Gorgonzola.Xaku's, Mozzarella Wukongs, and then Blue Cheese Nidus. Of course sometimes the dish calls for certain flavours like Feta Oberon - so many Sortie Dishes, where Feta was Meta. Then some instances you don't even want cheese, you want milkshake, but... non dairy lactose free milkshakes... like Volt, Wisp, Harrow etc 

There is no perfect frame, and were there to be one, it would be the one that is perfect to you.

Technically, any Warframe can "cheese" any mission they like so long as they have the right builds, and most of the time, ANY build can be pretty damn good if you know how to use it. You'll have a much better time in Warframe if you focus on what you like compared to what's the best to use for everything; this is one of the few games I know that allow you to do that.

If you're looking for particularly good Warframes though, and if you insist, Octavia and Protea as mentioned earlier are very good right now. I'd like to add Mesa and Saryn as potential offensive frames, and Ivara is a nice and fun stealth frame.

Honestly though, you're a lot better off picking a frame that you personally enjoy using, because it's going to give you the incentive to play better in the missions they usually lack in, and there really isn't a particular need to change Warframes based on mission type (You very well could, but...that's boring). My main boys, Nekros, Excalibur, and most recently Nezha are my main frames with taking care of any kind of content, on the sole basis that I genuinely enjoy playing them.

"The best Warframe is the one you have with you" as the old commercials used to say.

But more seriously, I would recommend either Octavia or Protea.  Both of them are incredibly versatile.  You may still be limited by mods, because mods will make them both play much smoother, but both have a kind of breadth to their strengths that transcends the more particular niches of most Warframes.

Archived