Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm getting frustrated with the railjack, its really turning me away from it

For the last week of doing railjack missions because I'm trying to level up every single player I encounter just sits on the bridge and does nothing. Sometimes they will enter a turret and shoot ships and thats it. I ask if they can board the ships to complete the objectives and they always say something like "what objective?" when I jumped out of the pilot seat all the objectives disappear. As soon as I do that someone quickly takes the railjack and just flies around shooting things. And every single time I tell them we have to get the objective I get the same response. Yet I know the guy that jacked the railjack can see the objective now. 

Then I have to always jump out and solo it meanwhile my team will sit there and complain about these missions taking forever but never once leave the rail jack. In the new section I sat waiting for the team for 15 minutes asking them if they're going to come into the ship and mostly I never get a response and I'm forced to just leave because I can't continue the mission without someone else at least coming in.

At lower level content I never had this problem, I had a ton of fun doing railjack missions because of it but doing the new area has been nothing short of a headache because everyone that joins literally just stands around the ship and complains. 

I just feel maybe somehow make the objectives visable to everyone or something because its just been horrible doing these missions now, I'm not at a point where I can full solo them, but it practically feels like I am now. 

I completely understand how you feel. I have been in similar situations where people are just clueless on what to do. You need to level up your Command intrinsic to get NPC crews so you can do Solo easier, and Recall is a big help too.

Just now, Spoldozer said:

I completely understand how you feel. I have been in similar situations where people are just clueless on what to do. You need to level up your Command intrinsic to get crews so you can do Solo easier, and Recall is a big help too.

This. I love doing Railjack with a group of friends, but random groups tend to be more painful than just doing it solo. I also spent a lot of time upgrading my RJ not to be able to use it when the Public ones are constantly getting holes blown in them.

Just now, HoustonDragon said:

This. I love doing Railjack with a group of friends, but random groups tend to be more painful than just doing it solo. I also spent a lot of time upgrading my RJ not to be able to use it when the Public ones are constantly getting holes blown in them.

We understand each other. I feel the same way about other people's railjacks as well.

7 minutes ago, Spoldozer said:

I completely understand how you feel. I have been in similar situations where people are just clueless on what to do. You need to level up your Command intrinsic to get NPC crews so you can do Solo easier, and Recall is a big help too.

The missions I'm currently on I can't really fully solo, it has the sentient control thing going on and my voidrig is pretty geared but it doesn't seem like its enough to fully get me through it alone. And that's where my issue is. 

My friends are still a bit behind and they're just having really bad luck making their own voidrigs too. 

So I've been trying with random's and as my post said its just a headache. I just feel like maybe if they made the objective more visable with a giant red arrow pointing with "BOARD THIS" maybe it would help and I try to be really nice about it but 5 missions later of all the same exact stuff its just frustrating. The railjack stuff is just so cool and I really like it as an addition but when every player that joins doesn't know what to do its frustrating. Heck maybe even make it a requirement to actually have a railjack or something in order to join the missions would be nice. 

I've at least been lucky with going into missions on my railjack because mine I feel is at least built to wreck stuff. 

Recall is also probably one of my favorite things

10 minutes ago, ninjabiscuit90 said:

The missions I'm currently on I can't really fully solo, it has the sentient control thing going on and my voidrig is pretty geared but it doesn't seem like its enough to fully get me through it alone. And that's where my issue is. 

My friends are still a bit behind and they're just having really bad luck making their own voidrigs too. 

So I've been trying with random's and as my post said its just a headache. I just feel like maybe if they made the objective more visable with a giant red arrow pointing with "BOARD THIS" maybe it would help and I try to be really nice about it but 5 missions later of all the same exact stuff its just frustrating. The railjack stuff is just so cool and I really like it as an addition but when every player that joins doesn't know what to do its frustrating. Heck maybe even make it a requirement to actually have a railjack or something in order to join the missions would be nice. 

I've at least been lucky with going into missions on my railjack because mine I feel is at least built to wreck stuff. 

Honestly, I think there should be an absolute minimum of an intrinsic that you have to be at in order to participate in certain areas, for example, you have to have a minimum of a 5th level intrinsic to participate in the veil so you actually are grouped with people who know what they're doing, or at least know how to do something. Yes, the host already needs a level 7 intrinsic to start one, but at the moment a MR 4 person could join a game and be utterly and completely unprepared.

@ninjabiscuit90

The problem you're facing isn't the objectives not being seen... Its that everyone assumes that Railjack in a squad is having the Railjack owner do everything while everyone else simply do nothing other than max ranking stuff with affinity gained by proximity while the owner do whatever needs to be done. The fact that you're trying to do Corpus Railjack missions, which require all players in a given squad to move into the mission site and execute missions, and everyone else pretends to not understand how those actually work is nothing more than both a tantrum and refusal of the mission type.

Missions don't take forever to complete, really, if they actually use a single brain cell to understand what's going on. You, personally, have no fault on the matter and are only getting the short end of the stick with randoms, which then makes you frustrated as you are now.

My personal advice, like everyone else is pretty much pointing out, is to get a private group going or just do Solo. Completing an Orphix mission Solo requires a decent Voidrig build and a proper Archgun build... By "decent" and "proper", respectively speaking, I mean a Voidrig build that can deal 6mil dmg per hit and an Archgun that can pretty much 3-shot a common Sentient, immunity triggered, unit... respectively.

... But a private team should help cover that up nicely. Just keep in mind that the faster those Orphix units are hit, the more resistant they are.

4 minutes ago, Spoldozer said:

Honestly, I think there should be an absolute minimum of an intrinsic that you have to be at in order to participate in certain areas, for example, you have to have a minimum of a 5th level intrinsic to participate in the veil so you actually are grouped with people who know what they're doing, or at least know how to do something. Yes, the host already needs a level 7 intrinsic to start one, but at the moment a MR 4 person could join a game and be utterly and completely unprepared.

It already works like that.  Unless the person is invited, or the mission is picked after they're already on board, players can't join missions they lack the intrinsics for.  So blame the people carrying underspecced players into higher level missions.

Welcome to public, where everyone thinks they are the boss and can do whatever they want without the consent of others. If you don’t like it, go solo or play with friends. Command Intrinsic made forced public play except Void Storms a non issue.

1 hour ago, ninjabiscuit90 said:

Which mission are you trying to do? Are you farming it or just trying to complete it to unlock the next node?

seriosuly, now that we have Command there's literally no reason to even bother with other players. if you can handle high level enemies by yourself without getting downed every 2 secs then you have absolutely nothing to worry about; if anyhtign, you're making it worse for yourself by trying to Co-op.

how to be happy with Railjack:

Step 1: hire a decent crew. even ones outside of your syndicate aren't that expensive, and there's always the Index if you don't have Credits.

Step 2: assign them to the roles you want. if you spend most of your time piloting then one of each role does fine: gunner attacks ships that you're not facing, Defender helps against Boarders and your engineer handles any fires or other damages on board. very rarely do I leave the pilot seat except for 3 occasions: objectives, using the forward artillery, and on rare occasions a quick forge trip for dome charges (even with Artillery Cheap Shot, it is possible to run out, but very unlikely).

step 3: GROFIT!. enjoy being able to freely pilot your ship knowing that everything else is under control. no annoying team mates slowing your mission down, the only downside is needing to do "away crew" objectives, but that's really nothing, and in a Void Storm mission you need to get reactants anyway. 

1 minute ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

seriosuly, now that we have Command there's literally no reason to even bother with other players. if you can handle high level enemies by yourself without getting downed every 2 secs then you have absolutely nothing to worry about; if anyhtign, you're making it worse for yourself by trying to Co-op.

how to be happy with Railjack:

Step 1: hire a decent crew. even ones outside of your syndicate aren't that expensive, and there's always the Index if you don't have Credits.

Step 2: assign them to the roles you want. if you spend most of your time piloting then one of each role does fine: gunner attacks ships that you're not facing, Defender helps against Boarders and your engineer handles any fires or other damages on board. very rarely do I leave the pilot seat except for 3 occasions: objectives, using the forward artillery, and on rare occasions a quick forge trip for dome charges (even with Artillery Cheap Shot, it is possible to run out, but very unlikely).

step 3: GROFIT!. enjoy being able to freely pilot your ship knowing that everything else is under control. no annoying team mates slowing your mission down, the only downside is needing to do "away crew" objectives, but that's really nothing, and in a Void Storm mission you need to get reactants anyway. 

I would say that the Command Intrinsic would completely eliminate the need for players if it weren't for one thing: Sentients. It is very, very, very, very hard to deal with Sentients, whether in Murex or Orphix missions, alone. Particularly the Latter.

There is absolutely no reason to play current RJ in multiplayer unless you hate yourself and want to get griefed.

My reasoning? Well, let's go over the list:

1) In corpus RJ missions with a side mission (where you whole squad has to go do it), just one person can block the whole mission and force you to quit by either not going to the objective (you can't complete it alone), or not leaving the mission zone (no extraction timer here like in regular missions).

2) We could stop at 1 really, but let's keep going. Current crewmates can aimbot the entire enemy fleet (with the exception of crewships), and the engineer can repair anything with infinite repair goo (unlike players who can run out of revolite easily). Moreover, they can use YOUR weapons with a damage multiplier on top, making them capable to annihilate any and all boarders if you give them good guns. What I am getting at is that they do their job better than 99% players that you will encounter.

3) Players bring their plexus mods, so if you have someone underleveled, they will be a deadweight as pilots or turret gunners in higher difficulty missions.

4) The ship owner is chosen by the matchmaking system, not you, so you may end up playing on someone's garbage ship instead of your pimped one that you grinded hours for.

5) Latency issues can soft lock RJ missions.

So you can put up with ALL of this crap, players being dumb, players griefing, players lagging, being forced into other people's horrible ships... Or you can play solo with no latency, no trolling or griefing, with aimbot gunners and a repair bot with infinite goo. I think the choice here is obvious unless you run a premade.

TLDR. Pubing RJ right now is COMPLETELY pointless unless you wanna leech from other players. It's an objectively inferior experience compared to solo play with ZERO griefing protection, unlike regular missions.

6 minutes ago, Mr.Fluffins said:

In corpus RJ missions with a side mission (where you whole squad has to go do it), just one person can block the whole mission and force you to quit by either not going to the objective (you can't complete it alone), or not leaving the mission zone (no extraction timer here like in regular missions).

i don't see how that's possible 

RJ is a long, long, long, long, long way off from the streamlined dungeon queue systems of games like TESO or FF14. Roles are vague, you should at least be able to queue in as pilot, gunner, engineer, combat, etc. The responsibilities and objectives for each role need to be made clear in-mission. The mission objectives themselves are often poorly marked or have obtuse mechanics, like that Corpus one where you have to shoot pipes but only when the meter is in range.

Play in public its a self punishment.

Avoid publics like me. Playing solo its much more fun.

About orhpix thing in solo is horrible....with "friends" dont mean better experience.

Orphix is there but nobody go there...its unrewarding and takes too much time.

DE needs to fix everything in corpus railjack many problems with flux energy, dome charges, unrewarding(orhpix) and very slow missions(defense and exterminations missions)

If you wanna have fun go to grinner maps...its better in all aspects.

Archived