Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mission Failure Imminent needs to go

MasterControlProgram

Why is this even still a thing?

Yes, I understand that there are ways that you can get around this. But this mechanic doesn't seem to actually stop any exploitation any more, and just punishes players for no discernable reason.

If you want to keep this in the game for some reason, at least make it 3-5 minutes so players that accidentally hit this can extract.

I ran into this running a 4-man trying to do the agility challenge on Lua, and frankly, we weren't very good at it. One of our group has arthritis and parkour challenges are exceptionally difficult for them. We managed to get them to complete the challenge after extreme difficulty, only to lose the rewards because we couldn't reach extraction in the 1 minute we were given.

Last time I ran into this was trying to decipher the Lua Spy Vaults with a clan mate (and a video, because trying to find some of that stuff was bonkers, nevermind explain it). We were halfway through one of the ones we never figured out (because of the timer), and had to just sit there and fail because we were in a different time and place halfway through. Don't know or care if there was an easy out, we just laughed and said "well, we fail this one".

You can kill a mob or interact in other ways and you shouldn't have to worry about it continuing to countdown. I remember this because I was practicing doing spy vaults with non-stealth frames and I spent so long on one vault (that didn't actually have a way to do it that time around) that it started the countdown, but when I unlocked the vault door, it went away.

However, I do think the timer is waaaaay too short.

Archived