Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Epitaph

parttimeparty

22 minutes ago, parttimeparty said:

Why is a riven for this thing so expensive. I get that its new. But its not that great. .5 dispo. There have been tons of new weapons in the same boat way better than this one for half as much. Wht do you guys think it is?

New rivens are always really pricey, especially for new weapons people like.  The Epitaph fits pretty soundly there, being both new and moderately liked.  Don't worry though, prices will probably drop in a month or two.

Well, if you are looking for one, and I'm not saying you are, you are part of the problem.

In case you are looking for one, though, wouldn't it be an ironic complaint? Or rather, a meta complaint?

As for why this happens, I concur with the user above. Even though I'm still surprised that demand still goes quite high even though all weapons start at 0.5 now. Even more surprised that there's not a megaton of people complaining about being duped for weak rivens, not knowing about the 0.5 thing.

It's new, it's fun, it's versatile and pretty effective.  Which isn't that common a combination IMO.  The dispo will certainly go up,and there aren't many good rivens for it yet.  And I'd guess there's lots of plat burning holes in people's pockets at the moment 

IOW, supply and demand.

14 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

It's new, it's fun, it's versatile and pretty effective.  Which isn't that common a combination IMO.  The dispo will certainly go up,and there aren't many good rivens for it yet.  And I'd guess there's lots of plat burning holes in people's pockets at the moment 

IOW, supply and demand.

Id say this is the most likely answer but ive tracked new and interesting rivens (cedo, proboscis cernos) both WAYYYY better than epitaph, but riven prices are very similar, maybe worse. Its super weird.

Everyone who just wants to be confrontational, go play outside.

53 minutes ago, parttimeparty said:

. . .ive tracked new and interesting rivens (cedo, proboscis cernos) both WAYYYY better than epitaph, but riven prices are very similar, maybe worse. Its super weird.

Cedo, I'd say the main difference is it's so easy to unveil one compared to any specific primary or pistol.

PCernos... Lots of primaries in the pool, but I'd guess a lot more primary rivens get unveiled than pistol.  Whereas pistol rivens, I'd bet a lot get dissolved.  So more PCernos supply and faster than Epitaph.  And probably less speculator interest in PCernos than Epitaph since an advanced version is less likely.

I have some other guesses, but those are the ones I feel most confident about.

Archived