Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lumina Light Based Warframe

Black-Foxx

So there are so many ideas for frames, I am totally addicted and racking my brain for ideas, sand comes next but for right now I want to focus on a light based frame.

So I picked a female cause since Nekros is a dark frame I figured his opposite should be a female.  As you can see I have named her Lumina

my frame would be set up with the following stats

I am unsure of what he would look like but I am sure all you brilliant artists out there can think of something.

Health is 100 (300 at rank 30)

Power is 150 (225 at rank 30)
Shield cap 100 (300 at rank 30)
Shield Recharge 20
Sprint Speed 1.25 (increased speed cause why should support be slower than assault frames)
Her polarity slots should be the usual 4 power slots
1 defense slot
1 tactic slot

this frame would be a good  support frame.

Ability 1 - (Flash) Lumina emits light from her hands in a cone radius blinding all enemies in her path.

- Cannot be recast while power is active.

- Enemies are unable to attack because they cannot see. Stun Effect.

- Last  2 / 2 / 3 / 5 seconds (can not be increased by power duration)

- Range of 10 / 12 / 18 / 22 in-game meters (Not increased by power range)

Ability 2 - (Angels light) Lumina creates a ball of light that seeks out fallen and wounded tenno

- Only affects tenno that are bleeding out (30% bleedout reduction once power is activated)

- revives tenno with 30% / 45% /60% /80%  health (can not be increased with power strength)

- Angels Light will seek out tenno with least amount of health
  - Restores 11% / 15% / 22% / 30% of health (can be increased with power strength)

- Enemies within range 20 in-game meters of tenno bathed in Angels light suffer 3s stagger effect (can be increased with power strength)

Ability 3 (Cosmic light) - Lumina creates a miniature ball of light that can be placed at her discretion 

- Blinding light causes 4 second stagger effect and reduced accuracy of enemies within its radius 10% / 15% / 25% / 30%. (This is affected by Power Strength, power duration has no effect on stagger effect). 

- At higher levels causes foes to flee

- Enemies receive an attack debuff 20% / 30% / 40% 50%

- AoE type attack which has a radius of 13 / 17 / 22 / 27 in game meters (cannot be increased by power range)

- Range - can be placed within  20 / 20 / 25 / 40 in-game meters. This is increased by Power Range

- Duration of 7 / 10 / 12 / 15 seconds. This is increased by Power Duration

Ability 4 (Solar Flare)  - Lumina turns herself into a pillar of Light, restoring tenno in immediate area

- Lumina cannot attack or move while Solar Flare is active (Lumina is immune to damage and knockdown)

- Regenerates  2% / 3% / 5% / 7% health and energy per second (can be increased by  Power Strength)

- Range of 12 / 15 / 18 / 22 in-game meters. This is increased by Power Range'

- Duration of 5 / 5 / 7 / 12 seconds (can be increased with power duration)

-- After emerging from Solar Flare Lumina reflects 50% of all damage back at attacker (duration 5 seconds)

Ok this is revised version of Lumina because seems like she needed a power boost.

Edited by Black-Foxx

I like the premise behind the idea, however "blind" and "blinding light" are too similar.  I think a better 3rd ability would be something like:

Ability 3 (Illuminate) - Lumina forces light to surround all enemies in the area.

-All enemies in a 20/30/40/50 meter radius are exposed (highly visible) (Affected by Power Range)

-All enemies affected by Illuminate have dmg increased to them by 5%/10%/15%/20%/25% (Affected by Power Strength)

-Duration of 15/30/45/60 seconds (unaffected by Duration)

This is just a thought though.

Edit:

I look at this now and perhaps this ability is a little too powerful for ability 3. But you get my point I hope. 

Edited by Nashai

I like the premise behind the idea, however "blind" and "blinding light" are too similar.  I think a better 3rd ability would be something like:

Ability 3 (Illuminate) - Lumina forces light to surround all enemies in the area.

-All enemies in a 20/30/40/50 meter radius are exposed (highly visible) (Affected by Power Range)

-All enemies affected by Illuminate have dmg increased to them by 5%/10%/15%/20%/25% (Affected by Power Strength)

-Duration of 15/30/45/60 seconds (unaffected by Duration)

This is just a thought though.

Edit:

I look at this now and perhaps this ability is a little too powerful for ability 3. But you get my point I hope. 

Yeah I realized that and I do like your suggestion, it would be a cool ability. 

How about this

Ability 3 (Holy light) Lumina create a miniature ball of light that can be placed at her discretion 

- Holy light causes knockdown effect on enemies within its radius, enemies also suffer 10% / 15% / 25% / 30%. weakness to melee damage (This is affected by Power Strength). 

- AoE type attack which has a radius of 5 / 5 / 10 / 12 in game meters (cannot be increased by power range)

- Range - can be placed within  20 / 20 / 25 / 40 in-game meters. This is increased by Power Range

- Duration of 10 / 12 / 18 / 25 seconds. This is increased by Power Duration

So there are so many ideas for frames, I am totally addicted and racking my brain for ideas, sand comes next but for right now I want to focus on a light based frame.

So I picked a female cause since Nekros is a dark frame I figured his opposite should be a female.  As you can see I have named her Lumina

my frame would be set up with the following stats

I am unsure of what he would look like but I am sure all you brilliant artists out there can think of something.

Health is 100 (300 at rank 30)

Power is 150 (225 at rank 30)

Shield cap 100 (300 at rank 30)

Shield Recharge  20

Sprint Speed   1.0

Her polarity slots should be the usual 4 power slots

1 defense slot

1 tactic slot

this frame would be a good balance between a support frame and an attack frame.

Ability 1 - (blind) Lumina emits light from her hands in a cone radius blinding all enemies in her path.

- Last  2 / 3 / 5 / 7 seconds (can be increased by power duration)

- Range of 5 / 10 / 12 / 15 in-game meters (Not increased by power range)

Ability 2 - (Soothing light) Lumina creates a ball of light that seeks out fallen tenno

- Only affects tenno that are bleeding out

- revives tenno with 10% / 15% / 20% / 30%  health (can be increased with power strength)

- Enemies within range 10 in-game meters of tenno bathed in soothing light suffer 3s stagger effect

Ability 3 (Blinding light) - Lumina create a miniature ball of light that can be placed at her discretion 

- Blinding light causes 4 second stagger effect and reduced accuracy of enemies within its radius 10% / 15% / 25% / 30%. (This is affected by Power Strength, power duration has no effect on stagger effect). 

- AoE type attack which has a radius of 5 / 5 / 10 / 12 in game meters (cannot be increased by power range)

Ability 4 (Solar Flare)  - Lumina turns herself into a pillar of Light, restoring tenno in immediate area

- Lumina cannot attack or move while Solar Flare is active (Lumina is immune to damage and knockdown)

- Regenerates  2% / 3% / 5% / 7% health and energy per second for 5 seconds. (can be increased by  Power Strength)

- Range of 10 / 15 / 18 / 20 in-game meters. This is increased by Power Range'

Ok that is my rough idea of what I think she should look like.  Constructive criticism and suggestions are always welcomed.  Sooo tell me what you think.

I like the idea of a frame that controls light, but I see that more as an attack type rather than healing. I see healing would be closer towards a mix of light and darkness at the same time. To restore life, a life must be taken.

I also see how others would disagree with that statement. I do see how light could be a healer type, but it would need some attack abilities also. Otherwise, nobody would use it. It would die too quickly.

Edited by Kibbols123

I like the idea of a frame that controls light, but I see that more as an attack type rather than healing. I see healing would be closer towards a mix of light and darkness at the same time. To restore life, a life must be taken.

I also see how others would disagree with that statement. I do see how light could be a healer type, but it would need some attack abilities also. Otherwise, nobody would use it. It would die too quickly.

I see exactly where you are coming from, her abilities give her some sort of survivability I think.  I was originally going to try her as an attack but then I thought it would be like having another Ember on the field.  Plus I use my Loki and Trinity neither of them have attack abilities and they both survive just fine.  If I could just get an artist to help me make her a reality it would be nice.

Edited by Black-Foxx

I see exactly where you are coming from, her abilities give her some sort of survivability I think.  I was originally going to try her as an attack but then I thought it would be like having another Ember on the field.  Plus I use my Loki and Trinity neither of them have attack abilities and they both survive just fine.  If I could just get an artist to help me make her a reality it would be nice.

Trinity has Link and Well of Life to damage enemies. Loki has Radial Disarm to disarm ranged weapons. Your Lumina has no way of defending herself other than a small cone of blinding light. To make your Lumina more effective, change your abilities. I have some ideas:

Ability 1 - (Pulse) Lumina emits a flash of light blinding all enemies around her in a certain radius.
  - Lasts  3 / 5 / 7 / 10 seconds (Can be increased by Constitution, Continuity, and Narrow Minded / Can be decreased with Fleeting Expertise)
  - Range of 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 in-game meters (Can be increased with stretch and Overextended / Can be decreased with Narrow Minded)
 25 Energy

Ability 2 - (Light's Shroud) Lumina bends light around her and her fellow tenno to hide them in a shroud that bends light around them

- Lasts 5 / 7 / 10 / 15 seconds (Can be increased by Constitution, Continuity, and Narrow Minded / Can be decreased with Fleeting Expertise)

- Enemies can't see you + any enemies that were shooting you/team, when cast, ignore you and forget you were there

50 Energy

Ability 3 - (Soothing Ling) Lumina turns herself into a pillar of Light, restoring tenno in immediate area

- Regenerates  2% / 3% / 5% / 7% health and energy per second for 5 seconds. (Can be increased with Blind Rage and Focus / Can be decreased with Overextended)
- Range of 5 / 10 / 12 / 15 in-game meters (Can be increased with Stretch and Overextended / Can be decreased with Narrow Minded)
- Revives dead/downed Tenno when maxed out
75 Energy

Ability 4 - (Solar Winds) Lumina blasts a cone of heated light knocking down and damaging any enemies in her path

- Range of 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 in-game meters (Can be increased with stretch and Overextended / Can be decreased with Narrow Minded)

- Damage determined by enemy level and Power strength / Mod rank (Can be increased with Blind Rage and Focus / Can be decreased with Overextended)

100 Energy

All Energy requirements can be changed with Power Efficiency mods!

- Increased efficiency with Fleeting Expertise and Streamline

- Decreased efficiency with Blind Rage

How's that?

Edited by Kibbols123

Kibbols ok

Trinity has Link and Well of Life to damage enemies. Loki has Radial Disarm to disarm ranged weapons. Your Lumina has no way of defending herself other than a small cone of blinding light. To make your Lumina more effective, change your abilities. I have some ideas:

Lumina has

Ability 3 (Blinding light) - Lumina create a miniature ball of light that can be placed at her discretion 

Now after reviewing some of your inputs I see that a few things might need to be changed but I do not believe a full overhaul would be necessary, just an edit on what the powers do.  Will edit original powers in a sec. then tell me what you think.

- Only affects tenno that are bleeding out
- revives tenno with 10% / 15% / 20% / 30%  health (can be increased with power strength)

1. That's very contradictory.

2. Blind should be Radial instead of a cone. Don't want another Soul Punch.

3. Blinding Light has no real use other than a small stagger, which doesn't do much.

(I like the Soothing Light)

4. Trinity has something that damages and loki has a disarming ability. Lumina needs one of the two to give it some sort of defense. That's where these come in handy:

Ability 4 - (Solar Winds) Lumina blasts a cone of heated light knocking down and damaging any enemies in her path
- Damage determined by enemy level and Power strength / Mod rank (Can be increased with Blind Rage and Focus / Can be decreased with Overextended)
100 Energy

Ability 2 - (Light's Shroud) Lumina bends light around her and her fellow tenno to hide them in a shroud that bends light around them
- Lasts 5 / 7 / 10 / 15 seconds (Can be increased by Constitution, Continuity, and Narrow Minded / Can be decreased with Fleeting Expertise)
- Enemies can't see you + any enemies that were shooting you/team, when cast, ignore you and forget you were there
50 Energy

With your current setup, she is essentially defenseless.
Edited by Kibbols123

Already changed it kibbols check again, and no soothing light is to take place of a teammate standing there and restoring your health but instead of a full restore you only get a partial.

I use Loki a lot the only faction I usually use disarm on is infested cause using that on anyone else is asking to be stun baton'd to death.

I also use Trinity quite a bit probably the most out of all my frames and now the way link is I usually only use it after blessing to increase my damage output or right before to give me that few seconds of survival.

Already changed it kibbols check again, and no soothing light is to take place of a teammate standing there and restoring your health but instead of a full restore you only get a partial.

I use Loki a lot the only faction I usually use disarm on is infested cause using that on anyone else is asking to be stun baton'd to death.

I also use Trinity quite a bit probably the most out of all my frames and now the way link is I usually only use it after blessing to increase my damage output or right before to give me that few seconds of survival.

1. I said I liked Soothing Light, don't know why you're defending it.

2. When I used Loki, I did use Radial Disarm and I'm not the only one that did/does.

3. Your personal play styles of Loki and Trinity aren't the only ones that matter.

1. I said I liked Soothing Light, don't know why you're defending it.

2. When I used Loki, I did use Radial Disarm and I'm not the only one that did/does.

3. Your personal play styles of Loki and Trinity aren't the only ones that matter.

yes you did, but you did say that Soothing lights power is contradictory so I was explaining how it works so that it did not sounds contradictory, besides I changed it a bit so would be a little better.   I never said my playing styles were the only way nor did I hint that they were in any way the right or wrong way to use them. 

I just do not understand why she would not have survivability

1. 4th power makes her immune to damage and restores health

2. 3rd power is a debuff/stun

3  1st power is a stun

her powers are set up to be a support frame essentially, so when using her one would have to use different tactics other than running in all Leeroy like.  True enough she doesn't have any light based attack that do massive damage, but she does have ones that are defensive enough that as a ninja she should have no problem surviving.

yes you did, but you did say that Soothing lights power is contradictory so I was explaining how it works so that it did not sounds contradictory, besides I changed it a bit so would be a little better.   I never said my playing styles were the only way nor did I hint that they were in any way the right or wrong way to use them. 

I just do not understand why she would not have survivability

1. 4th power makes her immune to damage and restores health

2. 3rd power is a debuff/stun

3  1st power is a stun

her powers are set up to be a support frame essentially, so when using her one would have to use different tactics other than running in all Leeroy like.  True enough she doesn't have any light based attack that do massive damage, but she does have ones that are defensive enough that as a ninja she should have no problem surviving.

Never said she would have to do massive damage. What I'm saying is that stunning an enemy isn't efficient when trying to survive. A support frame would have to be able to backup or heal their team when in a fight, meaning she would have to be able to keep herself alive. More damage would be dealt to her than she could heal. She would die quickly.

another nice name would be "Lux" since you're calibrating light in lux :D

Yes I thought about that and Candela but Lumina seems to fit for me.

Never said she would have to do massive damage. What I'm saying is that stunning an enemy isn't efficient when trying to survive. A support frame would have to be able to backup or heal their team when in a fight, meaning she would have to be able to keep herself alive. More damage would be dealt to her than she could heal. She would die quickly.

So what you are saying is that I need to do damage to bring more attention to myself while trying to heal my squad, I would think that a debuff that also staggers enemies around it would be enough to allow me to support my team.   I mean I am already invincible when healing so not sure how she would die.

So what you are saying is that I need to do damage to bring more attention to myself while trying to heal my squad, I would think that a debuff that also staggers enemies around it would be enough to allow me to support my team.   I mean I am already invincible when healing so not sure how she would die.

No, I mean you need to do damage to the enemies surrounding you. Otherwise you're hiding behind a wall or locker the entire time.

No, I mean you need to do damage to the enemies surrounding you. Otherwise you're hiding behind a wall or locker the entire time.

That is exactly why I have weapons to do my damage for me.  How many support frames rely on their powers for offense other than Vauban and in some cases Trinity but not as much as before I am sure.  Support frames are supposed to be the unseen heroes, we aren't supposed to be leading the pack taking all the damage that's what defense frames are for.  With any MMORPG the ones that are doing the support, if they play their role correctly they let defense and offense go in first to get the aggro.  The job of support is to support the team not get highest dps or anything like that.  With that being said yes I understand that she still needs to protect herself, hopefully with the aid of her weapons and her temporary stuns and debuffs, any player should be able to survive with her.

On a side note what frame do you currently play now?

reading this thread and its quite interesting

I play loki galatine boss hunter build and BTW every frame has a soloing mechanic this frame lacks one 

Edited by Axeroix

For some reason, light reminds me of mirrors, so as a suggestion, perhaps one of her skills could be Reflect- temporarily grants reflection to herself and allies. Pretty straight forward, it reflects bullets and lasers at varying angles, depending on the surface of the warframe the projectile hits. If you think this is OP then have a 20% damage reduction rather than full on resistance or something of the like.

Ability 1 - (Flash) Lumina emits light from her hands in a cone radius blinding all enemies in her path.

- Enemies are unable to attack because they cannot see. Stun Effect.

- Last  2 / 2 / 3 / 5 seconds (can not be increased by power duration)

- Range of 5 / 10 / 12 / 15 in-game meters (Not increased by power range)

OK fine this is ok light cc is always good

Ability 2 - (Angels light) Lumina creates a ball of light that seeks out fallen tenno

- Only affects tenno that are bleeding out (30% bleedout reduction once power is activated)

- revives tenno with 30% / 45% /60% /80%  health (can not be increased with power strength)

- Enemies within range 10 in-game meters of tenno bathed in Angels light suffer 3s stagger effect (can be increased with power strength)

pretty much all TEAM heal with more light CC

Ability 3 (Cosmic light) - Lumina creates a miniature ball of light that can be placed at her discretion 

- Enemies receive an attack debuff 20% / 30% / 40% 50%

Nekros's Terrify with light damage and more CC

- Regenerates  2% / 3% / 5% / 7% health and energy per second (can be increased by  Power Strength)

- Range of 10 / 15 / 18 / 20 in-game meters. This is increased by Power Range'

- Duration of 5 / 5 / 7 / 12 seconds (can be increased with power duration)

Heal with an invunerability frame only really usefull in a team

the reason that Loki and Trinity are usefull is because they have a variety of CC, oh crap abilities and damage caused by the result of thier abilities all of which are still viable in late game.eg. galatine crit loki build and trinity blessing soma build

That is exactly why I have weapons to do my damage for me.  How many support frames rely on their powers for offense other than Vauban and in some cases Trinity but not as much as before I am sure.  Support frames are supposed to be the unseen heroes, we aren't supposed to be leading the pack taking all the damage that's what defense frames are for.  With any MMORPG the ones that are doing the support, if they play their role correctly they let defense and offense go in first to get the aggro.  The job of support is to support the team not get highest dps or anything like that.  With that being said yes I understand that she still needs to protect herself, hopefully with the aid of her weapons and her temporary stuns and debuffs, any player should be able to survive with her.

Nekros, gonna go for Frost Prime when I get money to get some WF slots though.

the reason that Loki and Trinity are usefull is because they have a variety of CC, oh crap abilities and damage caused by the result of thier abilities all of which are still viable in late game.eg. galatine crit loki build and trinity blessing soma build

Uh huh, well my Loki does not have the crit build with galatine, but what variety of cc does loki have in late game?  Trinity I use her as well probably more than any other frame but I do not use soma what are her variety of cc in late game.  I though the only cc ability she has is absolutely none, maybe link but that isn't really considered crowd control.  So your response seems a little off, relying on one ability is not a variety of "oh crap abilities and cc".  That is unless your frames have powers that mine do not. 

It would die too quickly. That's where it lacks ability to solo.

Still have not given me a viable reason as to why she would die too quickly.  I mean is she gonna walk in the room and they are gonna be like, lets avoid everyone else and go straight for her?? 

Daidaiiro - Yes I thought of that and was initially going to put some sort of reflection in with her powers but thought that with the current build if I added it to any power it would be ridiculously OP.

Edited by Black-Foxx