Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

#SaveGas

rainy

1 minute ago, quxier said:

So... Pistols, Riffle, Shotgun could get max (no riven or arcanes) 7 meters and melee 5 meters. To be honest I'm not sure if it's worth.

Think of it this way: You have a choice to form gas with Heat+Toxin. Say you use, 2x 60/60s. That's:

• 50% + (60%/2) = 80% of base damage per tick
  • 3 + (60% / 0.3) = 5m radius.
  • +120% status chance, or dps.

Or you can use two 90s:

• 50% + (90%/2) = 95% of base damage per tick
  • 3 + (90% / 0.3) = 6m radius.

The 90s on their own are lower value, but you can consider stacking one along with the 6060 pair to focus on damage or radius.

Pistols specially have a primed heat mod. This grants them 165% / 0.3 = +5.5m radius, for a very large total of 8.5m. With a 60/60 on top of that, you're now in the radius of Staticor at 10.5m. This will be spreading the damage thin, but is ideal for low-level missions where shooting one enemy at a time is just not as practical as it used to be.

For weapons with innate gas, they would be affected by any modded elements with toxin or heat as their components. This is consistent with Sancti Castanas, where the innate electric proc is affected by modding magnetic, corrosive, and radiation. Cyanex and Zakti are the only two cases of this. It means they can mod viral +heat for some powerful gas procs. I think these perks are also reasonable for those weapons, as they're otherwise somewhat underwhelming. 

6 hours ago, VhwatGoes said:

This is such a popular idea XD, where is it coming from?? Sure you could do this, but for such an effect to have much meaning, Gas should really be it's own unique element with +gas% mods since the pairings are limited to cold/electric/magnetic. That value of just giving cold or electric a little added area... I don't know if that is even practical. Like, imagine your current mod loadouts, would you really find the slots to build for just some utility like that? The offset would need to be substantial, like +6s additive duration, 3x the radius, stuff to really make people consider it.

I only gave a couple of examples. Some weapons have innate elements.

Hema has innate viral, so stick gas on it and create a viral cloud. Tysis has innate corrosive so stick gas on that and get a corrosive cloud.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

i use gas with glaive and or stealth seems good still in that regards

Gas is somewhat good as long as you do not reach that stack cap. Which is odd considering you want to stack as much proc as possible for a DoT status effects. They need to fix Gas by getting rid of the cap entirely, even remove the increasing radius because it doesn’t do much.

1 hour ago, DrivaMain said:

Gas is somewhat good as long as you do not reach that stack cap. Which is odd considering you want to stack as much proc as possible for a DoT status effects. They need to fix Gas by getting rid of the cap entirely, even remove the increasing radius because it doesn’t do much.

yea i dont notice the radius increase 

If a status proc doesn't do damage, it needs utility on par with Warframe powers, Operator Schools or Arcanes.

In addition to what they already do, the elements should also:

Gas: Gas cloud blinds enemies ala Radial Blind.

Magnetic: Groups enemies together ala Exodia Hunt.

Blast: Knockdown, procced enemies have entire body treated a "head" in damage calculations. (Solves the complaint about making it harder to headshot.)

Radiation: Irradiated enemies deal +100% Radiation damage to non-tenno, +550% Radiation damage at max stacks. (Enemies by design use damage types terrible against themselves even without the scaling issue.)

Impact: Stagger, procced enemies have entire body treated as "head" in damage calculations. (Solves the complaint about making it harder to headshot.) +100% Chance to Drop Energy Orb on Death.

Puncture: Weakening, all positive damage modifiers against enemy is multiplied by x1.2 on first proc. 1.3x on 10th proc. (Makes Puncture a great support for Corrosive and Radiation against armor. +75%*1.3=+97.5%) +100% Chance to Drop Health Orb on Death.

Gas:

• No stack cap.
  • Procs have a duration of 6 seconds.
  • Every proc triggers a stationary gas cloud that deals damage to all enemies inside of it.
    • 12.5% base damage * (1 + toxin modifier) per tick
    • 4 ticks per second
    • clouds have a radius of (3 + heat modifier) meters

These changes make gas viable again, while also introducing a new interesting mechanic and making the radius no longer a function of proc count, which is an issue with it's current design in my opinion.

Also gas damage not scaling after 10 procs is a common misconception. The damage is added regardless of proc count, just it only shows up to 10 procs to represent gas cloud size, that's all.

9 minutes ago, scam said:

Also gas damage not scaling after 10 procs is a common misconception. The damage is added regardless of proc count, just it only shows up to 10 procs to represent gas cloud size, that's all.

I will do a test to verify this later on. The official wiki does not mention this mechanic.

47 minutes ago, scam said:

Untrue. Using Embolist (35 base damage, 41% SC, 12 FR) with Hornet Strike / r4 Barrel Diffusion / Tox 60 / Heat 60 / Sure Shot / Carnis Stinger gives you ~300% status chance per damage instance, resulting in 36 gas procs/sec. Each gas proc will do 35 x (1 + 2.2) x (1 + 1) x 0.5 = 112 damage. If gas proc damage is not capped at 10 procs, I should be able to get above 1120 tic damage with ease.
This is not the case however, as you can see here.

1 minute ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Untrue. Using Embolist (35 base damage, 41% SC, 12 FR) with Hornet Strike / r4 Barrel Diffusion / Tox 60 / Heat 60 / Sure Shot / Carnis Stinger gives you ~300% status chance per damage instance, resulting in 36 gas procs/sec. Each gas proc will do 35 x (1 + 2.2) x (1 + 1) x 0.5 = 112 damage. If gas proc damage is not capped at 10 procs, I should be able to get above 1120 tic damage with ease.
This is not the case however, as you can see here.

Oh, interesting, my bad on that then. I had been informed many many times on that just being a visual thing by supposedly well informed players so I took it as fact. That's #*!%ing awful, can't believe that ever made it into the game. So yes, fix that issue as well of course, make it stack just like every other damage proc excluding heat's unique pseudo infinite duration.

24 minutes ago, scam said:

Oh, interesting, my bad on that then. I had been informed many many times on that just being a visual thing by supposedly well informed players so I took it as fact. That's #*!%ing awful, can't believe that ever made it into the game. So yes, fix that issue as well of course, make it stack just like every other damage proc excluding heat's unique pseudo infinite duration.

As the poster above said. I also did a test with the Cyanex fully modded with Gas. I slowly fire the rounds and watch the damage numbers. It never goes up beyond 200 damage per second, it fluctuates between 190-200. If Gas damage wasn't capped out it can go beyond that.

1 minute ago, DrivaMain said:

As the poster above said. I also did a test with the Cyanex fully modded with Gas. I slowly fire the rounds and watch the damage numbers. It never goes up beyond 200 damage per second, it fluctuates between 190-200. If Gas damage wasn't capped out it can go beyond that.

Not sure if you misinterpreted my last reply, I was agreeing haha. I always took people's word for it and assumed the damage scaling portion functioned normally, but clearly it doesn't and that's just.... Wow, come on DE. Seriously?

On 2021-05-10 at 9:07 PM, DealerOfAbsolutes said:

Puncture: Weakening, all positive damage modifiers against enemy is multiplied by x1.2 on first proc. 1.3x on 10th proc. (Makes Puncture a great support for Corrosive and Radiation against armor. +75%*1.3=+97.5%) +100% Chance to Drop Health Orb on Death.

I had a puncture thought where enemies grow holes, granting all attacks a chance to punch through on the affected targets. As opposed to the traditional depth-check. Something like 28% chance +8% per puncture proc. For melee it would be a chance for follow through to not count down.

The Impact and Blast headshot thing would be interesting. Rather than that, maybe there should just be a universal incapacitation bonus. Could use the melee stealth multiplier or something, or just some plain added crit chance or damage (you know? enemies being physically off thier guard? Crit makes some sense.)

Magnetic enemy grouping is a godly idea. It makes perfect sense with the Magnetic + Gas combo.

5 hours ago, scam said:

Oh, interesting, my bad on that then. I had been informed many many times on that just being a visual thing by supposedly well informed players so I took it as fact.

I used to be one of those people. I'm so certain that it didn't always cap. But then recently I had the silly thought of maybe using gas on Dual Toxocyst, only to find that it now caps, prompting me to start this thread.

Archived