Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tips to maximise my Mirage Prime Build

Bronte

I have a Mirage build I've been tinkering with and thought I'd fish for suggestions to improve it

It works well as is but I'm curious what minds there are out there that see the flaws and improvements that can be changed

Note: I put Dispensary on Mirages 4th and put Synth Fiber on my companion so I can consistently pick up health orbs even while at full health

(Edit: Just realised if I forma the exilus slot for Power Drift then I can swap out Augur Reach for Stretch)

ZxChxZA.png

JZCMMlp.png

Interesting build for sure.

I'm guessing you're just using this for Sanctuary Onslaught by the looks of your loadout. Should work fine for that. I'd swap out arcane guardian for arcane eruption personally though. Or Arcane Aegis. You really don't have much survivability and armor without a decent health pool isn't going to give much support in the long run. Though if you are doing Sanctuary Onslaught survivability isn't a major issue.

Personally I wouldn't bother with corrosive projection but that's just me. For such an energy-hungry build that little nudge from Energy Siphon might make it play a little more smoothly. Corrosive Projection is really only helpful in 1/3 the encounters in Sanctuary Onslaught and even without it this can focus farm pretty easily.

If you are using this build for anything but Sanctuary Onslaught I'd say you should go with Brief Respite over Corrosive Projection.  I'd also dump equilibrium in place of Umbral Vitality and augur reach for Adaptation. Though Explosive Legerdemain builds outside SO are pretty 'meh' IMO. A general-purpose hall of mirrors build is better suited for general content.

It does work outside of Sanctuary Onslaught but mainly on missions where you can afford to lounge around a single area like survival, etc

The idea behind equilibrium is to make use of the health orbs that dispensary drops so I can be more lax with my energy management so to speak

3 minutes ago, Bronte said:

The idea behind equilibrium is to make use of the health orbs that dispensary drops so I can be more lax with my energy management so to speak

Yup. That's what Equilibrium does ;)

4 minutes ago, Bronte said:

It does work outside of Sanctuary Onslaught but mainly on missions where you can afford to lounge around a single area like survival, etc

Personally I find camping in survival to be really boring. This build is definitely a camping build. That's why it is ideal for Sanctuary Onslaught. If you are playing survival solo then it would work fine but certainly this would suffer if paired with randoms or a group that didn't want to sit around for 20 minutes. This build would also not scale well for long matches due to Explosive Legedermein falling off pretty fast against armored targets (even with CP). Would work okay against infested but Corpus could also be an issue as shield values go high enough to take more than one hit before initiating the shield gate.

I'm not sure how nulliifers interact with the mines.. if they disable them then Corpus could be a pretty big annoyance in Steel Path.

14 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Interesting build for sure.

I'm guessing you're just using this for Sanctuary Onslaught by the looks of your loadout. Should work fine for that. I'd swap out arcane guardian for arcane eruption personally though. Or Arcane Aegis. You really don't have much survivability and armor without a decent health pool isn't going to give much support in the long run. Though if you are doing Sanctuary Onslaught survivability isn't a major issue.

Personally I wouldn't bother with corrosive projection but that's just me. For such an energy-hungry build that little nudge from Energy Siphon might make it play a little more smoothly. Corrosive Projection is really only helpful in 1/3 the encounters in Sanctuary Onslaught and even without it this can focus farm pretty easily.

If you are using this build for anything but Sanctuary Onslaught I'd say you should go with Brief Respite over Corrosive Projection.  I'd also dump equilibrium in place of Umbral Vitality and augur reach for Adaptation. Though Explosive Legerdemain builds outside SO are pretty 'meh' IMO. A general-purpose hall of mirrors build is better suited for general content.

What if I used Mecha Empowered as the aura slot?

Explosive Legerdemain has a 100% status chance, obviously Mecha.E only activates every 60 seconds but could it be useful at higher levels?

I do not know too much about Mirage. However my only tip is that I would replace Cunning Drift with Primed Sure Footed. Allowing you to use explosive weapons with the annoying knockback.

Equilibrium looks fine but my only really issue with it is that you depend on energy drops for survivability. I would personally use adaptation instead. Or if you are willing to invest some umbra forma, a second umbra mod. Which will also increase your strength.

48 minutes ago, Bronte said:

Explosive Legerdemain has a 100% status chance, obviously Mecha.E only activates every 60 seconds but could it be useful at higher levels?

Hard no on mecha empowered for me. Your build damages enemies beyond line of sight so that mod would lose effectiveness very very fast.

23 minutes ago, WH1735S0W said:

I do not know too much about Mirage. However my only tip is that I would replace Cunning Drift with Primed Sure Footed. Allowing you to use explosive weapons with the annoying knockback.

Equilibrium looks fine but my only really issue with it is that you depend on energy drops for survivability. I would personally use adaptation instead. Or if you are willing to invest some umbra forma, a second umbra mod. Which will also increase your strength.

Primed sure footed is not necessary on this type of build. This is largely not a build that uses or requires weapon use.

Also, survivability on this build is better maintained with brief respite and the augur mod set. Equilibrium is only really useful here for energy management. This is a squishy AF build otherwise which is why shield gating is almost mandatory outside of sanctuary onslaught.

The low efficiency means you can to max shields in one or two ability casts if you are running augur set on your sentinel alongside reach on the warframe.

Also, for this build dethcube prime would be very valuable imo. The extra energy orbs means more damage output.

Just now, RazerXPrime said:

Was always wondering if Explosive Legerdemain was any good. It deals a base damage of 500, which isn't much. How does this scale?

Scales poorly against grineer. Works okay against infested. Corpus isnt bad either outside of steel path i would imagine.

35 minutes ago, Bronte said:

Explosive Legerdemain damage falls off pretty quickly as enemy lvl goes up. It's not a big deal if you use it as a utility ability and not a dps ability though. It's really good crowd control and it primes enemies for condition overload. I run an Explosive Legerdemain and Spectosiphon build with 190 range for solo SP survivals. It's not a campy build though, you're all over the place dealing with enemies that have been cc by Explosive Legerdemain. It's my favorite Mirage build and I've taken it several hours in SP solo survivals. 

7 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Primed sure footed is not necessary on this type of build. This is largely not a build that uses or requires weapon use.

So this build mostly focuses on Sleight Of Hand, so it is meant for ESO only?

24 minutes ago, WH1735S0W said:

That is my assessment. The TC says it is viable for survival as well but I would change a few things around if going for anything but Sanctuary Onslaught.

BTW I'd do regulary SO not ESO with this. Much faster focus gains in my experience. I can pul 100K + in one match of SO but maybe half that in ESO due to the massive number of enemies you can kill in SO compared to ESO.

2 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

Was always wondering if Explosive Legerdemain was any good. It deals a base damage of 500, which isn't much. How does this scale?

In simple terms... It doesn't....

I mean yeah it scales with Strength to some Degree but its effectiveness wears off quickly.... The Secret way in which is scales is based on the Ratio of how much loot enemies Drop vs How Packed together they are.... 

2 hours ago, WH1735S0W said:

Any content with large Groups.... Which means it shines in infested missions... 

If you want tipps with your build, tell us where you want to use Mirage. This most certainly is a very bad build when doing exterminate void fissures, but it shines in ESO/SO.

Mirage is a difficult frame and I think it might be a frame that needs a rework badly.

1. Her HoM build makes her very squishy if you run difficult content, where you actually need that kind of damage.

2. Her ESO/SO build makes her efficiency go down a lot when the mobs become harder with more HP or if you need mobility.

3. Her 4 build based on the augment "Prism Guard" is an amazingly strong and fun build, but you have to recast your 4 so often, that it takes the fun out of it... FAST.

So yeah, in my humble opinion, she needs a rework outside the super easy content and/or ESO/SO, where she functions very good.

4 minutes ago, Dunkelheit said:

So yeah, in my humble opinion, she needs a rework outside the super easy content and/or ESO/SO, where she functions very good.

IMO the only thing Mirage really needs is a way to consistently get the buff you want from eclipse. Scaling damage on her 2 would be nice but most frames don't have abilities with scaling damage so that's not really a Mirage problem. 

vor 32 Minuten schrieb Berzerkules:

IMO the only thing Mirage really needs is a way to consistently get the buff you want from eclipse. Scaling damage on her 2 would be nice but most frames don't have abilities with scaling damage so that's not really a Mirage problem. 

Here are some buffs/Qol that I would appreciate a lot on Mirage:

1. Less casting time on her 4 (it feels like 10 seconds and is beyond deadly in every content where the enemy actually deals damage)

2. Her 1 needs duration, strength, her 2 needs range, strength, duration + efficiency, her 3 needs strength duration, her 4 needs strength, duration, efficiency and range and natural talent: So please make it easier to get all abilities to work on her (which is a nightmare). Maybe faster casting time for 4 if her 3 is up and free casting of 2 if her 1 is up or something like that.

3. Make us switch between dmg resistance and dmg buff on her 3 with the click of the button as long as the ability is active.

4. Damage scaling somehow (maybe an armor/shield strip?)

I am not a designer though and they might have better ideas. Mirage is build around damage and so she is already the more useless the harder the opponents become, especially without armor strip.

Just now, Dunkelheit said:

Here are some buffs/Qol that I would appreciate a lot on Mirage:

1. Less casting time on her 4 (it feels like 10 seconds and is beyond deadly in every content where the enemy actually deals damage)

2. Her 1 needs duration, strength, her 2 needs range, strength, duration + efficiency, her 3 needs strength duration, her 4 needs strength, duration, efficiency and range and natural talent: So please make it easier to get all abilities to work on her (which is a nightmare). Maybe faster casting time for 4 if her 3 is up and free casting of 2 if her 1 is up or something like that.

3. Make us switch between dmg resistance and dmg buff on her 3 with the click of the button as long as the ability is active.

4. Damage scaling somehow (maybe an armor/shield strip?)

I am not a designer though and they might have better ideas. Mirage is build around damage and so she is already the more useless the harder the opponents become, especially without armor strip.

Since Mirage's 3 is hit or miss I find it a little silly to go all in on strength. Eclipse is inconsistent and there isn't much content where that kind of damage buff is required but people love building Mirage for stupid high strength even if it gimps her kit and is inconsistent. You can build a more balanced build or go a little heavy on duration, range and strength since her abilities are fairly cheap to cast. 

I think her 1 is in a good place. It's extra damage, more melee range, better status application and draws aggro away from Mirage. At base stats her 1 last 25 seconds and only cost 25 energy, it's pretty easy to maintain close to 100% uptime. For 50 energy every 25 seconds Mirage can maintain her 1 and 3. That's seems more than fair considering a lot of single cast abilities cast that much. Even at 45% efficiency maintaining those 2 abilities is easily manageable. 

Her 2 is one of those abilities that "needs" the augment to shine. I kind of like it like that though. Without the augment it can be a quick cc blind panic button to reset shield gate. With the augment it's a huge AoE cc and that's not always necessary. Lower levels it just melt enemies but drops of very quickly. I'd wouldn't object if DE decided to make it scale with enemy lvl but honestly, I like the cc it provides in higher lvls. Not every ability has to do big pp dps. All in all I think her 2 is decent, it could be a little better with slight tweaks but I'm happy with it as is. 

I wish her 3 would get a similar rework to Chroma's 2, emissive colors determine what buff she starts with but she can cycle between what buff she wants. I wouldn't mind if they scaled back the stats of both buffs as long as you could choose what one you wanted and you consistently got the value of the buff you modded for. 

Her 4 has an insanely long cast time and the energy cost is a lot for what the ability does IMO. I can't justify using it. It's a good way to get yourself killed and waste energy. I'd be totally fine if DE Gave Mirage a different 4 but I'm fine with one worthless ability for a free subsume slot. 

7 hours ago, Bronte said:

I have a Mirage build I've been tinkering with and thought I'd fish for suggestions to improve it

It works well as is but I'm curious what minds there are out there that see the flaws and improvements that can be changed

Note: I put Dispensary on Mirages 4th and put Synth Fiber on my companion so I can consistently pick up health orbs even while at full health

(Edit: Just realised if I forma the exilus slot for Power Drift then I can swap out Augur Reach for Stretch)

ZxChxZA.png

JZCMMlp.png

Mirage can be modded differently depends on where and which skills you want to use.

With explosive ledgermain there, we'll assume that this is a sleight of hands build for s.o(?)

Looks good, will do the job. But if you really want to "improve" it, I'll personally take out equilibrium and flow, just put more range and duration there. Since you won't get touched anyway, and you can conveniently use zenurik dash for getting enough energy to cast 2. From there, it's just matter of killing that first wave of enemies so you actually have items to swap with explosives -i'd recommend some powerful aoe primaries.

If you want to make other builds, ex: doppelganger build for regular missions, simply swap out ledgermain with hall of malevolence, then take off range for survivability. "Improving" is mostly about taking off what's unnecessary for the cause and putting in the things that are.

You see where I'm getting here, mate? If that build already works for you, then there's no need to change it. I can see your build breeze its way to area 8 of e.s.o. But if you want to make the car faster, yeah there are some more comfort that you can sacrifice.

6 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

It doesn't scale, sadly.

But you'll definitely need it for those sleight of hands builds. At lower levels the damage kills opponents faster, at higher levels the status helps so you can finish them off with your weapons.

Explosive ledgermain falls off eventually, even in eso, so something else you can do with mirage is to turn her into a weapons platform.

Umbral/adaptation/tank + max dur/str and a subsumed roar/gloom or other no-range buff lets you turn mirage into a dakka barrage, especially with powerful gun.

Your build is fine as long as you stay at the confounds of a level between lv1 and about lv 200-300.
After that this explosive build is way way slower and inconsistent then using real scaling powers and weapons.
For survivals it's a terrible setup(also you can get the same results with way less power to a level) because it kills away from you.

tl;dr if you are using this in eso - it's great(but you can achieve the same thing with less power)
if you plan to go on a long run with it - better not

for example I do 8 zones solo eso with this thing:

kl5BiNs.png

with 0 problems while relying only on energize and a defensive helminth ability(that I will not name in fear of a nerf) and even with this little power it destroys eso levels

4 hours ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

(remember when she was meta to stun lock maps through walls with prism? xD)

That was before my time sadly.... But Pam told me all about it...

4 hours ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

I just wish her 1st would be recastable and we could pick which buff to take with her 3rd.. it's unreliable regarding some tilesets consisting of 99% dark and 1% light and vice versa..

Thats what I meant when I said I couldn't make her work.....

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Berzerkules:

Since Mirage's 3 is hit or miss I find it a little silly to go all in on strength. Eclipse is inconsistent and there isn't much content where that kind of damage buff is required but people love building Mirage for stupid high strength even if it gimps her kit and is inconsistent. You can build a more balanced build or go a little heavy on duration, range and strength since her abilities are fairly cheap to cast. 

I think her 1 is in a good place. It's extra damage, more melee range, better status application and draws aggro away from Mirage. At base stats her 1 last 25 seconds and only cost 25 energy, it's pretty easy to maintain close to 100% uptime. For 50 energy every 25 seconds Mirage can maintain her 1 and 3. That's seems more than fair considering a lot of single cast abilities cast that much. Even at 45% efficiency maintaining those 2 abilities is easily manageable. 

Her 2 is one of those abilities that "needs" the augment to shine. I kind of like it like that though. Without the augment it can be a quick cc blind panic button to reset shield gate. With the augment it's a huge AoE cc and that's not always necessary. Lower levels it just melt enemies but drops of very quickly. I'd wouldn't object if DE decided to make it scale with enemy lvl but honestly, I like the cc it provides in higher lvls. Not every ability has to do big pp dps. All in all I think her 2 is decent, it could be a little better with slight tweaks but I'm happy with it as is. 

I wish her 3 would get a similar rework to Chroma's 2, emissive colors determine what buff she starts with but she can cycle between what buff she wants. I wouldn't mind if they scaled back the stats of both buffs as long as you could choose what one you wanted and you consistently got the value of the buff you modded for. 

Her 4 has an insanely long cast time and the energy cost is a lot for what the ability does IMO. I can't justify using it. It's a good way to get yourself killed and waste energy. I'd be totally fine if DE Gave Mirage a different 4 but I'm fine with one worthless ability for a free subsume slot. 

Thanks a lot for your input, I'd love to see your build. I hate it when I need to build a whole warframe for just one ability.

But Mirage 3 is a weapon buff, not a strength buff. So Chroma should be a lot better in that department or am I wrong?

Archived