Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

should pc get some exclusive skins?

BloodKitten

18 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

This is why they won't go for a storefront-agnostic deal.

So, again, who's going to negotiate for PC as a whole and offset that difference?

Is anyone saying otherwise? The Discord bundle was only sold on Discord. This was fine. A Steam bundle would only be sold on Steam. This would also be fine. An EGS bundle would only be sold on EGS. Likewise, fine. I don't think anyone is saying that Steam should sell Epic content... So no one needs to negotiate for PC as a whole, because it's not PC as a whole getting bundles. It's Steam, Epic, Nvidia, etc., the individual companies which control the PC marketplaces in the same way as Sony or Microsoft or Nintendo control the console marketplaces. No one needs to represent PC as a whole because individual PC marketplaces can do that themselves, the same as Discord which has already done this before. Steam and Epic and these others should do the same as Discord. And DE is more than capable of taking the initiative and offering these deals to these platforms, which does benefit DE differently than a universal bundle by getting Warframe new attention on those platforms.

3 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Is anyone saying otherwise? The Discord bundle was only sold on Discord. This was fine. A Steam bundle would only be sold on Steam. This would also be fine. An EGS bundle would only be sold on EGS. Likewise, fine. I don't think anyone is saying that Steam should sell Epic content... So no one needs to negotiate for PC as a whole, because it's not PC as a whole getting bundles. It's Steam, Epic, Nvidia, etc., the individual companies which control the PC marketplaces in the same way as Sony or Microsoft or Nintendo control the console marketplaces. No one needs to represent PC as a whole because individual PC marketplaces can do that themselves, the same as Discord which has already done this before. Steam and Epic and these others should do the same as Discord. And DE is more than capable of taking the initiative and offering these deals to these platforms, which does benefit DE differently than a universal bundle by getting Warframe new attention on those platforms.

Again, these storefronts will negotiate for themselves first; and it's always as much about denying things to your competitors as it is keeping them for yourselves. This is why they won't go for the same deal other stores got; they're going to want a deal specifically for them.

And again, it all comes down to the bottom line. Does "different" benefit mean less revenue? If yes, then you need to compensate with something. Again, this is why exclusivity deals exist.

I am against PC having exclusive skins. As I am against consoles having exclusive skins.

What I want is for PC to create PC-themed skins, in the same light as console-exclusive skins, and have all those multi-platform skins be available on all platforms.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb PublikDomain:

If Epic isn't going to be interested in exclusive skins, why did they have a run of exclusive skins?

vor 3 Stunden schrieb PublikDomain:

So if this deal has already happened in the past with Discord, why can't it happen with Steam or EGS?

First of all, the topic of conversation is "PC-only" and not "Steam-only" or "EGS-only", and second - if you know about Epic-exclusive skins in the middle of your comment, why did you suddenly forget about them at the end? You're trolling.

1 hour ago, KnossosTNC said:

Again, these storefronts will negotiate for themselves first; and it's always as much about denying things to your competitors as it is keeping them for yourselves. This is why they won't go for the same deal other stores got; they're going to want a deal specifically for them.

Why on earth would Steam/EGS/etc. need to initiate this? Is there some reason DE is unable to contact their own platform reps? And why wouldn't DE be able to negotiate individual deals with different platforms, when that's exactly what they've inevitably had to do to get onto Steam, EGS, NSW, Xbox, PS4, etc. in the first place? Like, yeah, they'd negotiate individual deals. Why wouldn't they??

1 hour ago, Krankbert said:

First of all, the topic of conversation is "PC-only" and not "Steam-only" or "EGS-only", and second - if you know about Epic-exclusive skins in the middle of your comment, why did you suddenly forget about them at the end? You're trolling.

No Krank, still not trolling. Saying that isn't some magical "I win the conversation" button.

I'm pretty sure everyone here is talking about these skins:

https://n9e5v4d8.ssl.hwcdn.net/uploads/b29c8114221a2be1755c829753094493.jpg

5ISWce4.png

https://n9e5v4d8.ssl.hwcdn.net/uploads/thumbnails/096faa45dc60968b33b45fcdd0e70605_845x230.jpg

https://preview.redd.it/fto4ei01z7521.png?auto=webp&s=c2beeaed18893842fc248977979c223005d6863c

Like Knossos keeps going on about, there is no one group to sell these skins from on PC, so there's no reason to expect that PC-exclusive skins would be in any way different from the Obsidian/Jade/Opal/Discord skins: a cash bundle sold through the various PC storefronts Warframe is a part of. Right now, that'd be Steam and the Epic Game Store (and the Microsoft Store, if it's even capable of selling bundles like the others). We already got 4 different sets of these skins, and there's only a few left to do.

Why can't DE do this? Well so far, because either A) DE is incapable of contacting Steam or EGS on their own despite undoubtedly contacting them all the time for other things or B) because it's not actually a good deal for anyone despite DE having made these deals 4 times in the past and continuing to pump out new sets. So call me a skeptic...

31 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Why on earth would Steam/EGS/etc. need to initiate this? Is there some reason DE is unable to contact their own platform reps? And why wouldn't DE be able to negotiate individual deals with different platforms, when that's exactly what they've inevitably had to do to get onto Steam, EGS, NSW, Xbox, PS4, etc. in the first place? Like, yeah, they'd negotiate individual deals. Why wouldn't they??

They're for different things. Remember, exclusive cosmetic packs are essentially marketing promotions. A value-added partnership beyond base distribution agreements, with higher stakes for both parties.

DE can say whatever they like to these storefronts and owners, but a partnership require mutual consent. If the owners and storefronts don't like it and don't give the green light, the deal's dead in the water. And as I've explained, they don't like anything they can't keep to just themselves.

1 minute ago, KnossosTNC said:

They're for different things. Remember, exclusive cosmetic packs are essentially marketing promotions. A closer partnership beyond base distribution agreements, with higher stakes for both parties.

DE can say whatever they like to these storefronts and owners, but a partnership require mutual consent. If the owners and storefronts don't like it and don't give the green light, the deal's dead in the water. And as I've explained, they don't like anything they can't keep to just themselves.

Which is exactly what I'm saying. 🤦‍♀️

DE can and should pursue the same kind of platform-exclusive deals with Steam and Epic.

8 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Which is exactly what I'm saying. 🤦‍♀️

DE can and should pursue the same kind of platform-exclusive deals with Steam and Epic.

Then they would be deals with Steam and Epic, not PC.

vor 49 Minuten schrieb PublikDomain:

No Krank, still not trolling. Saying that isn't some magical "I win the conversation" button.

I have already laid out my reasons for calling you a troll when I called you a troll, namely you pointing to the Epic-exclusive skins when it suited your argument and then continuing to talk as if they didn't exist when it became inconvenient in the next paragraph. Continuing to insist that other people are arguing that a deal for exclusive cosmetics with Epic was impossible while being fully aware that such a deal already exists is trolling. You know the other people in this thread can't possibly say what you pretend they're saying, and that doesn't deter you to continue your disingenious argument in the slightest.

6 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Then they would be deals with Steam and Epic, not PC.

And just which marketplaces do you think distributes Warframe on PC? Warframe on PC is Steam and EGS and all of the other marketplaces they're on.

5 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

I have already laid out my reasons for calling you a troll when I called you a troll, namely you pointing to the Epic-exclusive skins when it suited your argument and then continuing to talk as if they didn't exist when it became inconvenient in the next paragraph.

Uh, ok? Have fun, Krank.

vor 1 Minute schrieb PublikDomain:

And just which marketplaces do you think distributes Warframe on PC? Warframe on PC is Steam and EGS and all of the other marketplaces they're on.

You have said this on page one and got your answer to that on page one. If you want to argue that you're not trolling and seriously and in good faith repeating yourself over and over again while not acknowledging a single word people tell you, then you might want to consider if that really makes you look better.

Just now, Krankbert said:

You have said this on page one and got your answer to that on page one.

Right, Steam and EGS. Two of the five major distributors who don't have exclusive bundles. So they should get bundles too, like the other three (Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo) or Discord, which had at one point a PC marketplace just like Steam and EGS. Welcome to the thread, glad you're caught up.

7 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Still doesn't mean Steam and/or EGS are synonymous with PC. They are distinct entities. Steam and EGS do not own the PC, unlike Microsoft and Xbox, or Sony and PlayStation. Any deals done with them will be for the benefit of themselves, not PC. Any customer participation in these promotions will also be conditional to maximize benefit for the respective storefronts, not PC as a whole.

28 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Still doesn't mean Steam and/or EGS are synonymous with PC. They are distinct entities. Steam and EGS do not own the PC, unlike Microsoft and Xbox, or Sony and PlayStation. Any deals done with them will be for the benefit of themselves, not PC. Any customer participation in these promotions will also be conditional to maximize benefit for the storefronts.

Well yeah no S#&$... No one is saying otherwise, my dude. PC is a generic term, just like "consoles". When someone says "Warframe on consoles", who do you think of? Xbox, Playstation, and Switch. Duh. When someone says "Warframe on PC", who do you think of? Steam and maybe EGS or the standalone launcher if you're weird. Duh. Heck, OP's example was Nvidia. There is no Mr. PC DE can call up and talk to, you've said this yourself. That's nonsense and no one is saying otherwise. There are however major PC gaming storefronts like Steam and EGS which fill the exact same role as their counterparts in console gaming. For example, Discord's PC-exclusive marketplace offered *the exact same kind of skins we're talking about*.

vor 12 Minuten schrieb PublikDomain:

Well yeah no S#&$... No one is saying otherwise, my dude. PC is a generic term, just like "consoles". When someone says "Warframe on consoles", who do you think of? Xbox, Playstation, and Switch. Duh. When someone says "Warframe on PC", who do you think of? Steam and maybe EGS or the standalone launcher if you're weird. Duh. Heck, OP's example was Nvidia. There is no Mr. PC DE can call up and talk to, you've said this yourself. That's nonsense and no one is saying otherwise. There are however major PC gaming storefronts like Steam and EGS which fill the exact same role as console storefronts like those found on consoles. For example, Discord's marketplace which offered *the exact same kind of skins we're talking about*.

You have already posted this. You already got responses to this. This conversation is moving in circles because you're just repeating yourself.

Just now, Krankbert said:

You have already posted this. You already got responses to this. This conversation is moving in circles because you're just repeating yourself.

And I have to keep posting this because y'all keep giving the same refuted excuses.

17 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Well yeah no S#&$... No one is saying otherwise, my dude. PC is a generic term, just like "consoles". When someone says "Warframe on consoles", who do you think of? Xbox, PS4, and Switch. Duh. When someone says "Warframe on PC", who do you think of? Steam and maybe EGS or the standalone launcher if you're weird. Duh. There is no Mr. PC DE can call up and talk to, you've said this yourself. That's nonsense and no one is saying otherwise. There are however major PC gaming storefronts like Steam and EGS which fill the exact same role as console storefronts like those found on consoles. For example, Discord's marketplace which offered *the exact same kind of skins we're talking about*.

Colloquial associations with no reality in mechanics. Xbox, PlayStation and Switch are distinct entities with separate market ecosystems, in a similar way Steam and EGS are distinct entities with separate market ecosystems. Access to these exclusive promotions are therefore conditional for the maximum benefit of respective entities. Again, any exclusivity deals with Steam or EGS will be deals with those entities, and nothing else.

And again, these storefronts are also distinct entities from the PC platform as a whole. For now, they operate on the PC, but do not assume that they are the same entity and will remain on PC forever.

Gerade eben schrieb PublikDomain:

And I have to keep posting this because y'all keep giving the same refuted excuses.

Which you then completely ignore only to post your original argument again. Repeating yourself until other people eventually give in only works in real life. I don't care about you and I don't have to interact with you ever again in my life if I chose not to. I have no reason to placate you, so maybe you should think about a better approach to discussions.

17 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Colloquial associations with no reality in mechanics. Xbox, PlayStation and Switch are distinct entities with separate market ecosystems, in a similar way Steam and EGS are distinct entities with separate market ecosystems. Access to these exclusive promotions are therefore conditional for the maximum benefit of respective entities. Again, any exclusivity deals with Steam or EGS will be deals with those entities, and nothing else.

Yes, I've said this myself. No one is saying otherwise. So we agree?

Xbox, Playstation, and Switch are console analogues to their PC counterparts Steam, EGS, and others. Each of the console marketplaces Warframe is available on have exclusive themed bundles for sale, as did Discord's short-lived marketplace. So it seems clear to me that, as these are all "distinct entities with separate market ecosystems", Steam and EGS could also have their own exclusive bundles available on their marketplaces for their customers to buy from them, just like their console counterparts. And surprise surprise, a similar run of exclusive skins has already happened in the past for Discord. You yourself have said, at least in the negative, that if Steam and Epic want the same kinds of bundles they could have them (you said if they didn't want them they could walk away, which to me sounds like the same thing - if they want them, there's no reason they can't have them). So why shouldn't DE approach these distribution partners with similar content? I think they should, and given the success they've found making these packs for other partners it seems like a pretty good deal for all parties involved.

17 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Access to these exclusive promotions are therefore conditional for the maximum benefit of respective entities. Again, any exclusivity deals with Steam or EGS will be deals with those entities, and nothing else.

And when Epic or Steam make a console I'm sure DE can figure out how to deal with that, which they'd have to do anyways for all of the Steam and EGS linked accounts they manage. Until then I don't see what this has to do with anything.

14 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

I don't care about you and I don't have to interact with you ever again in my life if I chose not to. I have no reason to placate you, so maybe you should think about a better approach to discussions.

I'm feeling quite the same way at the moment. Why are you trying so hard to insert yourself into this? Shoo.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb PublikDomain:

Yes, I've said this myself. No one is saying otherwise. So we agree?

Xbox, Playstation, and Switch are console analogues to their PC counterparts Steam, EGS, and others.

The painfully obvious difference is that you can freely switch between Steam, EGS and the standalone client because "Steam", "Epic Game Store" or "Standalone Client" are in fact not like different consoles, no matter how often you repeat it.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb PublikDomain:

And when Epic or Steam make a console I'm sure DE can figure out how to deal with that, which they'd have to do anyways for all of the Steam and EGS linked accounts they manage. Until then I don't see what this has to do with anything.

Case in point: "Steam Warframe account" or "EGS Warframe account" or "standalone launcher Warframe account" don't exist. That's not a thing. There are no "Steam accounts" that DE "manages". There's just one type of account on PC, the one from DE, and they work no matter where you downloaded the client from.

Archived