Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anti-cheat false positives

tantanoid

I want to bring this issue to the attention of developers and other players as currently anyone is at risk of getting permanently banned without them doing anything malicious.

TLDR:

• I haven't violated the EULA at any point, yet I am about to be permanently banned by the automated anti-cheat system.
  • Support is just going in circles without really doing anything to address the issue.

Longer version:

• I get suspended due to "instances of abnormal results and/or activity". No evidence is provided.
  • I let Support know that I have not violated the EULA in any way and that there are no hardware issues with my PC. My suspension is lifted.
  • I get suspended the second time due to "instances of abnormal results and/or activity". No evidence is provided.
  • I provide extensive evidence that I have not violated the EULA in any way and that there are no hardware issues with my PC. My suspension is lifted.
  • I am told to stop running "cheating software" or I will be banned for good. No evidence of "cheating software" is provided.
  • I explain that without concrete information on what on my PC could be erroneously identified as "cheating software" there's no way for me to make sure it doesn't trigger the bug in the anti-cheat system and be flagged as such.
  • I am told to run the tests that I already ran twice even though they didn't find anything previously.

Since I still don't know what triggered the anti-cheat system and apparently there's no effort on part of DIGITAL EXTREMES to identify and fix what's causing the false positive I'm left with two choices:
    1. Try to play again and probably get permanently banned for no fault of my own
    2. Never play again

19 minutes ago, Hobie-wan said:

It'd probably be a lot easier if you provide a list of either the processes or details tabs from task manager.

This. Without a full tasklist dump of all processes and services running along with WF, nobody is going to be able to give you useful feedback here.

But I'll ignore my own point to ask if you're running anything like ReShade, which is often used for completely benign reasons but is also going to get flagged because WF anti-cheat has no way to know what you're actually doing with it.

Here's a list of processes that might have been running at the times my account was suspended:

Spoiler

AcrobatNotificationClient
acrotray.exe
AdobeCollabSync.exe
amdfendrsr.exe
amdow.exe
AMDRSServ.exe
AMDRSSrcExt.exe
ApplicationFrameHost.exe
armsvc.exe
atieclxx.exe
atiesrxx.exe
audiodg.exe
Calculator.exe
chrome.exe
cmd.exe
cncmd.exe
Code.exe
CodeHelper.exe
CompPkgSrv.exe
conhost.exe
csrss.exe
ctfmon.exe
dasHost.exe
devenv.exe
Discord.exe
DLDPHCM.exe
DLDPHSTS.exe
DLDPHSUP.exe
dllhost.exe
dlp4db.exe
dwm.exe
EXCEL.EXE
explorer.exe
FileCoAuth.exe
firefox.exe
FNPLicensingService.exe
fontdrvhost.exe
GamingServices.exe
GamingServicesNet.exe
GpVpnApp.exe
id_bglaunch.exe
id_service.exe
id_tray.exe
jhi_service.exe
jusched.exe
LCore.exe
LockApp.exe
LogiRegistryService.exe
LsaIso.exe
lsass.exe
Microsoft.Alm.Shared.Remo
Microsoft.Azure.Cosmos.Co
Microsoft.Azure.Cosmos.Em
Microsoft.Azure.Cosmos.Ga
Microsoft.Azure.Cosmos.Ma
Microsoft.Azure.Cosmos.Se
Microsoft.Management.Serv
Microsoft.Photos.exe
Microsoft.ServiceHub.Cont
msedge.exe
MSIAfterburner.exe
MsMpEng.exe
MsSense.exe
nahimicNotifSys.exe
NahimicService.exe
NisSrv.exe
notepad++.exe
NovabenchService.exe
OfficeClickToRun.exe
OmniSharp.exe
OneDrive.exe
ONENOTE.EXE
ONENOTEM.EXE
OpenConsole.exe
OriginWebHelperService.ex
PaintDotNet.exe
PerfWatson2.exe
ProcessGovernor.exe
ProcessLasso.exe
pwsh.exe
QualysAgent.exe
RadeonSoftware.exe
RtkAudUService64.exe
rundll32.exe
RuntimeBroker.exe
rzls.exe
SearchApp.exe
SearchFilterHost.exe
SearchIndexer.exe
SearchProtocolHost.exe
SecurityHealthService.exe
SecurityHealthSystray.exe
SenseCE.exe
SenseIR.exe
SenseNdr.exe
Server.exe
ServiceHub.Host.CLR.x86.e
ServiceHub.IdentityHost.e
ServiceHub.RoslynCodeAnal
ServiceHub.SettingsHost.e
ServiceHub.TestWindowStor
ServiceHub.ThreadedWaitDi
ServiceHub.VSDetouredHost
services.exe
SettingSyncHost.exe
SgrmBroker.exe
ShellExperienceHost.exe
sihost.exe
Skype.exe
smartscreen.exe
smss.exe
software_reporter_tool.ex
spoolsv.exe
sqlservr.exe
sqlwriter.exe
Ssms.exe
StartMenuExperienceHost.e
svchost.exe
SystemSettings.exe
SystemSettingsBroker.exe
taskhostw.exe
tasklist.exe
Taskmgr.exe
Teams.exe
TeamViewer_Service.exe
TeraCopyService.exe
TextInputHost.exe
TGitCache.exe
TiWorker.exe
TOTALCMD.EXE
TrustedInstaller.exe
UserOOBEBroker.exe
VISIO.EXE
vsls-agent.exe
vstest.console.exe
WindowsTerminal.exe
wininit.exe
winlogon.exe
WinStore.App.exe
WINWORD.EXE
wlanext.exe
WmiPrvSE.exe
WUDFHost.exe
XtuService.exe
YourPhone.exe

NahimicService.exe, i assume you're using a MSI Motherboard?

If I remember correctly, some time ago a friend of mine MSI Audio Drivers crashed and triggered all kinds of stuff on his PC.

Edit: Do you have Audio Drivers that come with Software similar to ASUS's Sonic Radar? I remember older versions of that Software triggering all kinds of Anti Cheat.

8 hours ago, Torghul said:

NahimicService.exe, i assume you're using a MSI Motherboard?

If I remember correctly, some time ago a friend of mine MSI Audio Drivers crashed and triggered all kinds of stuff on his PC.

Edit: Do you have Audio Drivers that come with Software similar to ASUS's Sonic Radar? I remember older versions of that Software triggering all kinds of Anti Cheat.

I do have an MSI motherboard, but I don't have any software other than the basic drivers.

2 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

Perhaps Process Lasso? Never heard of it before, but didn't take long to find this on the maker's forum.

https://community.bitsum.com/forum/index.php?topic=8534.0

Could be, even though it only changes the process priority. Would be nice if it was whitelisted.

4 minutes ago, tantanoid said:

Could be, even though it only changes the process priority. Would be nice if it was whitelisted.

Sure, but I'd imagine that if only process tampering is being looked for, that's a definite candidate. So while unfortunate, it would be something you installed that might look suspicious and is something you did. I'd never heard of the utility before and I'm sure I'm not the only one, including game and other software creators.

3 minutes ago, Hobie-wan said:

Sure, but I'd imagine that if only process tampering is being looked for, that's a definite candidate. So while unfortunate, it would be something you installed that might look suspicious and is something you did. I'd never heard of the utility before and I'm sure I'm not the only one, including game and other software creators.

It's just strange that I would be suspended for this a month ago, yet I used this since the start. AFAIK I haven't installed anything new on my PC this year.

That "abnormal results" can be a hint for a possible game glitch/bug. A topic from a year ago: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1153502-endless-endo-bug-in-railjack/ There can be other possible more recent bugs that can cause excessive amount of 1 or more items.

With insufficient information and not able to see our own results history of up to a few days, we are left with just guessing with little to no information.

Archived