Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

should i have cedo or pyrana prime on my loadout

Orpheus_nr

Question

i only want one shotgun type weapon on my loadout and I don't know which would be better.

i have 3 forma on my cedo and 6 on my pyrana prime.\

thanks in advance

P.S i also have a max arcane pistoleer if that matters.

edit: if i took pyrana prime i would use acceltra and if i took cedo i would use epitaph or athodai. i would mostly use them in defense with wisp.

17 answers to this question

What's the actual loadout? Where are you going to play it? What purpose does it serve? What would you run instead of the one you'd remove? Does the loadout have any synergies? What do you want to achieve with your loadout?  

Like, if you don't care about anything like or similar to these questions it doesn't matter which one you ditch and you take what you like using more. Both are good for what they are.

19 minutes ago, UmbreonPlayz said:

thanks i will try that now

edit: its now killing in 6 shots however i still feel like it would be better with pistoleer

For a single enemy sure but your overall DPS will be better if you're killing multiple enemies.

2 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Ok so first issue is that you're not using Primed Heated Charge but the BIGGER problem is that you're modded for viral. Pyrana prime is a crit based weapon and while it does have plenty of Slash it won't actually cause decent bleed procs too often(not like a melee weapon with insane crit chance and red crits constantly)so against Grineer you're better off modding it for Corrosive and then Heat with Primed Heated charge. 

thanks i will try that now

edit: its now killing in 6 shots however i still feel like it would be better with pistoleer

2 minutes ago, UmbreonPlayz said:

Ok so first issue is that you're not using Primed Heated Charge but the BIGGER problem is that you're modded for viral. Pyrana prime is a crit based weapon and while it does have plenty of Slash it won't actually cause decent bleed procs too often(not like a melee weapon with insane crit chance and red crits constantly)so against Grineer you're better off modding it for Corrosive and then Heat with Primed Heated charge. 

2 minutes ago, UmbreonPlayz said:

I can kill 1 95 heavy gunner in a single magazine with my current mods but with arcane pistoleer I would proc the arcane then i would be able to kill atleast 6 before the effect wore off

Sounds like your build might need a bit of work, mind showing it?

1 minute ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Reloads aren't a problem, Arcane Velocity will spit shots out faster than you count and then the reload will take a second.

I can kill 1 95 heavy gunner in a single magazine with my current mods but with arcane pistoleer I would proc the arcane then i would be able to kill atleast 6 before the effect wore off

2 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Don't worry, once you improve your mods a bit you'll find you have no ammo problems because enemies start to die in 1 hit. Using a Carrier sentinel is the early game solution until that happens.

what about pyrana primes reloads?

4 minutes ago, UmbreonPlayz said:

aight

Don't worry, once you improve your mods a bit you'll find you have no ammo problems because enemies start to die in 1 hit. Using a Carrier sentinel is the early game solution until that happens. Also early on don't max rank the rank 10 mods, get them to rank 8 and stop. It'll save you a lot of endo and credits in early game.

1 minute ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

What's the actual loadout? Where are you going to play it? What purpose does it serve? What would you run instead of the one you'd remove? Does the loadout have any synergies? What do you want to achieve with your loadout?  

fair point

Archived