The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback On The Machete Wraith

Aspari

I've already got mine to rank 15 and I just gotta say that I'm dissatisfied with it. Not just in stats but in appearance. Let's take a look at it.

Crit chance and crit damage is unchanged from the regular Machete (1.5x crit damage, 5% crit chance)

It has 1.0 attack speed.

Its model is significantly smaller than the regular Machete.

Dakra Prime has 10 attack damage over it and the Dakra Prime is decent at best.

Quite frankly, I don't like it. The Machete Wraith doesn't have to be godly by any means but I would like for it to at least be on par with the Dakra Prime if not a bit stronger due to it being event exclusive. If the Galatine is the new standard for charge melee weapons then the Machete Wraith had every opportunity to be the new standard for melee weapons. It's also not cool how the Strun Wraith can be amazing and the Machete Wraith not be awesome.

Suggested buffs:

Base damage increased to 50 from 45

Crit damage increased to 2.0x from 1.5x

Crit chance increased to 30% from 5%

Attack speed increased to 1.7 from 1.0

Model size increase to be as big as the regular Machete.

Edit: To be fair I suppose I should mention that the Machete Wraith deals Serrated Blade damage (tested it on Grineer) on normal hit. It's still not that hard hitting of a weapon.

Edited by Aspari

I've already got mine to rank 15 and I just gotta say that I'm dissatisfied with it. Not just in stats but in appearance. Let's take a look at it.

Crit chance and crit damage is unchanged from the regular Machete (1.5x crit damage, 5% crit chance)

It has 1.0 attack speed.

Its model is significantly smaller than the regular Machete.

Quite frankly, I don't like it. The Machete Wraith doesn't have to be godly by any means but I would like for it to at least be on par with the Dakra Prime if not a bit stronger due to it being event exclusive. If the Galatine is the new standard for charge melee weapons then the Machete Wraith had every opportunity to be the new standard for melee weapons. It's also not cool how the Strun Wraith can be amazing and the Machete Wraith not be awesome.

Suggested buffs:

Base damage increased to 55 from 45

Crit damage increased to 2.0x from 1.5x

Crit chance increased to 30% from 5%

Attack speed increased to 1.7 from 1.0

Model size increase to be as big as the regular Machete.

that would make it literally the best melee in the game.

Expected. Not a fan of normal hits so still crying for prova vandal.

This so much.  Totally called machete and brakk being disappointments.  Thank jeebus the vectis came out on the same day :|

Edited by Aggh

well, it definately needs some serious help.

but i don't think a 1.7 aspd would fit well with the more heavy slashes of the machete.

a hard-hitting but slow normal weapon would be cool. especially since most of the decent normals are on fast dual weapons.

a hard-hitting but slow normal weapon would be cool. especially since most of the decent normals are on fast dual weapons.

Dual Ichor and Dual Zoren? (Can't say Dual Cleavers because I hear those are the Grakata of melee weapons.) 

There's also no reason for a weapon as small as the Machete Wraith to be so slow. In fact just because it's a Wraith variant of the Machete it should be better than the Machete in every regard. It should also be a cut above most every normal attack melee weapon just because it's exclusive and is a Wraith variant.

Pun intended by the way

Edited by Aspari

I can deal with sub-stats, I got a Galatine and Dual Ichor for stats, what I can't deal with is how shrimpy it is, the normal one was awesome because of its looks and animations, I'm really sadden by its size reduction, I really hope DE makes it the size of the normal one.

Standard machete: http://prntscr.com/20whl5

Wrath Variant: http://prntscr.com/20whhb

Edited by theangelbelow88

I agree with topic starter. Wraith Machete is really weak, especially so for event-exclusive upgraded version. I liked normal machete mostly for its looks, but this one is both weak and not so good looking. Galatine beats it performance-wise in every aspect, and it's just a craftable, not even high tear weapon (required level 3).Serrated Blade damage and multi-hit is nice, but sugarcoating a weakness doesn't make it a strength.

Conclusion: Machete Wraith needs a buff.Primarily - attack speed. The rest is in the first thread post.

I agree with topic starter. Wraith Machete is really weak, especially so for event-exclusive upgraded version. I liked normal machete mostly for its looks, but this one is both weak and not so good looking. Galatine beats it performance-wise in every aspect, and it's just a craftable, not even high tear weapon (required level 3).Serrated Blade damage and multi-hit is nice, but sugarcoating a weakness doesn't make it a strength.

Conclusion: Machete Wraith needs a buff.Primarily - attack speed. The rest is in the first thread post.

glad im not the only one noticing the size difference :)

I do not know whether a weapon is too strong or not, so i refrain.

The only thing i can say is that the model of Machete Wraith is too small, it does not seem a machete,it look like a little bigger knife.

For me it should have the model bigger as the original machete.

The awkward moment when you realize that even normal Prova outdamages Machete Wraith.

Not in normal damage. 

Not in charge damage after armor against most non corpus. 

Not in multitarget damage(Yeah, that tiny little blade can hit multiple foes. Seriously, what's with that?)