Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do a lot of fights break out in Maroo's Bazaar?

-Vahagn-

I often go there to sell rivens yet I always see someone arguing with someone. Which often times is not even about trading. 

Last time I was there some guy was arguing with other players over wanting an affinity blessing.

I dunno, it just seems to me you can find the worst of the worst there.

Just now, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

The bazaar feels like a shopping mall when I pass by there. Store owners anxiously waiting for people to come and buy their stuff but there's almost no customers

I just go there for the weekly ayatan missions, and I feel like the person in the mall who knows exactly where they are going, to get one thing, trying to get past the row of vendors offering manicures/haircare demonstrations/skincare demonstrations/etc. aggressively hawking their wares in my face. 

I have no idea why people go there.

I've been using the website to trade from day 1 and never had any problems, neither selling nor buying, or even with lamers and scammers.

Might get like 1 guy per month who is negative but is more novelty and entertaining at that point.

Especially now the website has an auction section, I really don't get what the point is. And yes I feel the same, the rare occasion someone invites you there for a trade, I kind of feel like start handing them some plat, just so they don't have to stand there.

Void dammit, I told Maroo that if she wants to host an illegal offworld fighting tournament, she needs a better location than her relay! not so bad with the Corpus betting on the fighters, but if the Grineer get wind of this, they might send a Formorian!

in all seriousness, I never really go there, got plenty of Endo and Ayatans and trading is a last resort for me. 

1 hour ago, WH1735S0W said:

I dunno, it just seems to me you can find the worst of the worst there.

To me, Maroo's always comes off as a bunch of people trying to take advantage of new players when they come to do the Ayatan mission on Sunday. The sellers always try to get as close to Maroo as possible, so when you think you're in range to click on Maroo, some random trade window opens up.

Can't say I notice that, but I also choose a calm instance and go once a week just for the sculpture.

Also this way, hopefully there isn't people sitting right in front of Maroo so you interact with a random by mistake. Those sellers always get the whiniest in Maroo's when their tactic doesn't get them a sell.

Nope, haven't noticed one.

I go there as the weekly ayatan hunt refreshes. And aside from those times, i barely see another player visit that dead place.

11 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I mean, it's how I imagine a Maroo's Bazaar would be if it were real life. Like a Mos Eisley's Cantina kind of place, where sometimes people start beefing and some guy with a glowing stick cuts their arm off. 

But this is pretty funny.

Everyone says this is the finest community they've ever seen. To that I answer: start trading. This is one of the most toxic communities I've ever seen. Never in my life I have been mocked or insulted because someone didn't like my prices except in Warframe. And it's not the free to play mentality. I've played other games where others were nice and considerate during a trade convo, maybe saying stuff like "oh sorry that's not for me". But here, bring the profanity. Add that to the fact that typically money brings the worst in people and you have quite an explosive recipe. 

I've noticed the fights and trolling too and I personally call the place "Maroo's Brothel" because frankly it's more fitting with the atmosphere.

"Why do a lot of fights break out in Maroo's Bazaar?" - Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt (FUD).

I think it's far better for people to learn life lessons about how trading in the real world works through a much safer medium like Maroo's, personally.

It's pretty entertaining to watch a group of people that each think the way life works for them is Universal get put in a room together and learn differently.

Far, far more entertaining than using the wanna-be-EBay market site, IME.

I think Maroo's is an excellent learning experience for those that need it.

19 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Void dammit, I told Maroo that if she wants to host an illegal offworld fighting tournament, she needs a better location than her relay! not so bad with the Corpus betting on the fighters, but if the Grineer get wind of this, they might send a Formorian!

in all seriousness, I never really go there, got plenty of Endo and Ayatans and trading is a last resort for me. 

That actually would be a good idea - make the Bazaar map a PVP level, and watch the people zonk it out.

10 hours ago, sixmille said:

Everyone says this is the finest community they've ever seen. To that I answer: start trading. This is one of the most toxic communities I've ever seen. Never in my life I have been mocked or insulted because someone didn't like my prices except in Warframe.

Sorry to hear that.

While I think some of Warframe's community pride can be exaggerated or misplaced, my experiences with trading have been extremely good--like 99%

I don't use Maroo's and only use trade chat a small fraction of the time though.  So maybe try 3rd party sites if you haven't already.

Archived